View Poll Results: Who do you HOPE will be the Rams' OC in 2011?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pat Shurmur

23 21.30%
  • Josh McDaniels

57 52.78%
  • Brad Childress

10 9.26%
  • Someone else (who?)

18 16.67%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Who do you HOPE will be the Rams OC next year?

I'm really don't like the idea of seeing Bradford beaten to a pulp in the Martz system. Maybe if the Rams were all defense and we had a QB who could take a beating and fans don't have to hang their hopes on the QB, but with the money Bradford is making, the Rams can't afford to have him sacked repeatedly like Martz QB's are. Especially without the Holt/Bruce weapons of the past

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

After all the personal conflicts in Denver, I have some doubts about McDaniels...but I still have to admit he's probably the best available. I'd look forward to seeing what he could do with Bradford and our offense.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
    I'm really don't like the idea of seeing Bradford beaten to a pulp in the Martz system. Maybe if the Rams were all defense and we had a QB who could take a beating and fans don't have to hang their hopes on the QB, but with the money Bradford is making, the Rams can't afford to have him sacked repeatedly like Martz QB's are. Especially without the Holt/Bruce weapons of the past
    Which system would you prefer to see him beaten to a pulp in?

I thought the O Line, Backs, and TEs had to block, and the QB needs to have pocket awareness and some elusiveness, no matter what system you're running.

I also think that for the most part, even though they had zero ellusiveness, both Warner and Bulger stayed upright long enough to put up some pretty impressive numbers in Martz's system.

Besides, two of our three superbowl appearances came courtesy of Martz's system. We could certainly do a lot worse IMO.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Which system would you prefer to see him beaten to a pulp in?

I thought the O Line, Backs, and TEs had to block, and the QB needs to have pocket awareness and some elusiveness, no matter what system you're running.

I also think that for the most part, even though they had zero ellusiveness, both Warner and Bulger stayed upright long enough to put up some pretty impressive numbers in Martz's system.

Besides, two of our three superbowl appearances came courtesy of Martz's system. We could certainly do a lot worse IMO.
    Martz's system is known for sacrificing on blocking to get more receivers, leaving it vulnerable to blitzs. The QBs usually find their hot route or check option, but will still get leveled pretty often.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i don`t see Martz leaving Chicago any time soon, even for a team and city he clearly still loves...unless it was to become a HC again.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Martz's system is known for sacrificing on blocking to get more receivers, leaving it vulnerable to blitzs. The QBs usually find their hot route or check option, but will still get leveled pretty often.
    It's obviously a moot point with the hiring of Josh McDaniels but, I still feel the need to say that Kurt Warner would not be in a Hall of Fame conversation without Martz's system and poor Marc Bulger probably would've been long gone from the league without it. So who really cares about the blocking schemes you complain about, if you could end up with numbers like the two afore mentioned QBs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234