Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    chiguy is offline Registered User

Who do you think is our MVP?

I'm sure there is a lot of support for Jackson, but my own personal vote would go to Bartell. I don't think there was a better player on the field, more consistently, for us this year than him.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Re: Who do you think is our MVP?

Man, I love this guy. A definite must-sign.

... and in a random statement: that redheaded cheerleader in my sidebar is SWEET.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Well statistically its probably either Pisa, O.J. or S.J. but Ron Bartell has been technically sound throughout the year..i dont think he`s been beaten 1-1 all year,if you watched a video of every game this season (tho i cant believe anyone would want to do that again)..whoever he has lined up against he has won the battle....yes our D has given up way too many TD`s but not he..he has made every team change its offensive schemes and thats probably the best compliment you could pay a defensive player!

as for Michelle the Redhead...i claimed her first Dwight!!!!

tho im currently living in central Europe,so you got a chance...

TekeRam is offline Registered User

When we had little success anywhere this year, there was the one bright spot, and that was Bartell, coming into his own and playing like a pro bowler. The scary thing is, we actually have a half of a very solid secondary who are very young, along with a good, young core on the Dline. If we can just shore up the scheme and some of the holes(SS, Sam LB, TACKLING!!!), our defense could actually be quite scary.

So, yes, Bartell would be my MVP candidate, and the first one we need to resign, with OJ being the second. Yes, he might not be great in tackling and takes horrid angles in pursuit, but that's not who he is. He's a free safety who plays center field. We need a true SS to eliminate the run to pair with him.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Love him or hate him it has to be Steven Jackson. The beast played only 12 games this season and still managed to gain over 1400 yards from scrimmage and scored 8 TD's.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Donnie Jones!!! He's the only one that has played consistantly well this season. And he made it harder for teams because they had to drive further against our pourous D before they eventually scored.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Donnie Jones!!! He's the only one that has played consistantly well this season. And he made it harder for teams because they had to drive further against our pourous D before they eventually scored.
    Only the 2nd punter to average 50 yards per punt for a season. And congrats to Jones for becoming the Rams all-time record holder for his 50.0 yards per punt this season.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is offline Registered User

*LB Pisa Tinoisamoa finished as the Ramsí No. 1 tackler, with 135, Itís the fourth time in his six seasons that Tinoisamoa has topped the list.
    50 came back this year and played well, after getting hurt the last two.

Tino, Maualuga and Spoon. Would be nice set of LB's next year.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Michelle......the red haired cheerleader. She apperantly is responsible for lifting the spirits of many a ClanRamer. Hell, let's get her as head coach. She a motivator.
    Semper Fi!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I would have to say its a defensive player.

Pisa, Bartell or Atogwe. However, I have to agree with the organization and say it was Atogwe. The guy once again showed us that he is the turnover master. I believe he was the second leader in tackling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

To suggest that Michelle, the redheaded cheerleader, is the MVP is an outrageous adolescent, um, knee jerk response.Leave the team in St Louis but Michelle must be ridden back to the West Coast on a rail.

There's an apt in my building in SF....I know it's vacant cuz I can see right into the bedroom window...

And as for her viability as a HC candidate; depends on what you want your team motivated to do. If you want the only NFL team that showers before the game and at halftime (as long as the water's hot,anyway) and tops the list in the crucial lowest towel usage stat category,go for it.

Can't really argue with Bartell as DMVP for this year,esp based on cost/value.

I love Atogwe but a D is in big trouble when a free safety is a top 3 tackler on the team. By definition, FS is the last line of defense. If he's the guy doing the tackling, it usually means the other lines have failed,no? Forcing fumbles is a great knack but doesn't happen as much when your FS is tackling from in front,not trailing.
    And aren't tackling stats a dodgy way to judge a FS? Kind of like a lineman. The chess match between a FS and QB is a biggie but do you credit to the FS who gets looked off by the QB who then connects with a single-covered WR and the FS has to recover & make a tackle from behind? Who really won that battle? OJ turned an uncommon number of those pigs ears into silk purse FFs but I'm not convinced that is a winning strategy.

Just a casual glance indicates that the top tacklers on the best defenses are almost invariably a MLB/ILB or SS.

Pisa did a have a bounce back year but I think he was making tackles that should have been made by the D-line and Spoon on many occasions.

Which brings me to my DMVP choice because of the absence of his impact this year. Witherspoon. Injuries & misuse account for a lot of the drop-off but his intrinsic value to this D's future is greater than probably any other D player currently on the roster except perhaps Long.

Ditto for SJ as OMVP.

While it's fun to provoke discussion with a combo MVP question, I really hope The Rams avoid over-valuing individuals on one side of the ball or the other. I want to hear words like balance and depth and cohesion used to describe The Rams in the future instead of the three-legged one trick pony we have watched for a looong time.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Love him or hate him it has to be Steven Jackson. The beast played only 12 games this season and still managed to gain over 1400 yards from scrimmage and scored 8 TD's.
    He has my vote as well. Here's to hoping he plays all 19 games next season!

ramhomer is offline Registered User

The only guy who earned his paycheck is our kicker, Mr Brown. mvp

maineram is offline Registered User

Team MVP -

Donnie Jones get's my vote. He put us in good to great field position most of the year.

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

gap Guest

I have to agree with the Donnie Jones picks, and I am surprised so many posts were made before his name was brought up. His name was the first I thought of as I was clicking the link to this thread.

gap

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast