Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    majorram is offline Registered User

Who do you want as GM?

as we know Ziggy will be out at the end of the season....so who would you like to see????

I would like Billy Devaney to get a chance, I think this chap is well respected, he knows his football and I know its early but this draft is starting to take shape...

thoughts...

another question what about President?????

what about Ron Wolf???

interesting times ahead!!!

steve

"The breakfast Club"

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Who do you want as GM?

I was going to say Devaney as well.

Falconator Guest

well Devaney was the "top lieutenant" in Atlanta for the 2007 draft when the Falcons took Jamaal Anderson, DE-Arkansas in the 1st round - and, to date Jamaal has started 20 games and has yet to collect even one measly sack - he was the 8th pick overall in the draft - eekkkkkkkk!!!!!!. The Falcons did NOT EVEN work out Jamaal Anderson before the draft!!!!!- what an IDIOTIC move that was! Granted Rich McKay had "final say" on the draft but it was a horrible choice - better options would have been Amobi Okoye,DT-Louisville and Patrick Willis, MLB-Ole Miss.........Falcons did make good picks in 2nd round that year - Justin Blalock, OT-Texas(promising starter now) and Chris Houston, CB-Arkansas(promising starter) - there were some other decent picks........

Personally, from what I know of Devaney - i would not "hand the keys to the castle" to Devaney - I would make him "interview" for the job along with some of the other top talent evaluators in the league. Devaney's resume is "decent" but it does not scream - "give him the job quick before someone else does".......being slow and methodical pays off............the last time the Falcons made an "impulse move" it resulted in Bobby Petrino as head coach of the Falcons - ugghhh!!
    Last edited by Falconator; -09-30-2008 at 03:46 PM.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    well Devaney was the "top lieutenant" in Atlanta for the 2007 draft when the Falcons took Jamaal Anderson, DE-Arkansas in the 1st round - and, to date Jamaal has started 20 games and has yet to collect even one measly sack - he was the 8th pick overall in the draft - eekkkkkkkk!!!!!!. The Falcons did NOT EVEN work out Jamaal Anderson before the draft!!!!!- what an IDIOTIC move that was! Granted Rich McKay had "final say" on the draft but it was a horrible choice - better options would have been Amobi Okoye,DT-Louisville and Patrick Willis, MLB-Ole Miss.........Falcons did make good picks in 2nd round that year - Justin Blalock, OT-Texas(promising starter now) and Chris Houston, CB-Arkansas(promising starter) - there were some other decent picks........

Personally, from what I know of Devaney - i would not "hand the keys to the castle" to Devaney - I would make him "interview" for the job along with some of the other top talent evaluators in the league. Devaney's resume is "decent" but it does not scream - "give him the job quick before someone else does".......being slow and methodical pays off............the last time the Falcons made an "impulse move" it resulted in Bobby Petrino as head coach of the Falcons - ugghhh!!
    Well, since I'm a Razorback fan it is quite a shock to read that Jamaal is still looking for his FIRST sack in the NFL. I recall his last year at Arkansas he was a beastly beast to block and he led the SEC in sacks with about 14. Do you know what his problem is...lack of speed or technique?

BTW Falconator don't be too hard on good 'ol Billy on this issue. Everybody that year had J. Anderson going in the top 10 of the draft and he was considered to be the best DE on the board, IIRC. If the Falcoons hadn't of taken him then someone else certainly would have.

WHAT SAY YE?

Ramsfan1219 is offline Registered User

Dan Dierdorf. He would fire up St. Louis's base and he knows football. He lives in STL and likes the Rams. He would be great. Devany is ok, but the rams just need everyone to leave. You cant get results from a mess like this if u keep some people in the front office that has been the problem for more than 5 years now...

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Well, since I'm a Razorback fan it is quite a shock to read that Jamaal is still looking for his FIRST sack in the NFL. I recall his last year at Arkansas he was a beastly beast to block and he led the SEC in sacks with about 14. Do you know what his problem is...lack of speed or technique?

BTW Falconator don't be too hard on good 'ol Billy on this issue. Everybody that year had J. Anderson going in the top 10 of the draft and he was considered to be the best DE on the board, IIRC. If the Falcoons hadn't of taken him then someone else certainly would have.

WHAT SAY YE?
    well, I'm a georgia bulldog but always liked the Hogs before you got Petrino - now I root for you guys to go 0-12 every year - Petrino is a disgusting individual - worthless....he has no loyalty to anyone and would sell his soul and step on his own mother to get what he wants.....Bobby QUITrino - he will leave Arkansas within three years......bank on it

Not sure what exactly is Jamaal's problem. From what I have heard, he lined up real far outside of the offensive tackle in college and just rushed by the offensive tackle unimpeded to the QB - i don't know if this is true but this is what I have heard more than once. In Atlanta, Jamaal simply does not be able to "free himself" from the grasp of offensive tackles - he just cannot get of the blocks to get to the QB - apparently not strong enough either - which is suprising because Jamaal has very good size at about 6'4" and 285lbs......

I was very excited when we got Jamaal Anderson and I thought he was going to be very good - but there has not even been "a flash" in a game where any Falcon fan has been impressed. Granted he is only in his 2nd year - but Gaines Adams has looked good and Mario Williams had a disappointing first year and still have 5-6 sacks before having the huge sophmore NFL season with 14.5 sacks.......

Sad to say, but Jamaal Anderson is very, very, very close to officially being declared a "bust" - I would love for him to prove me wrong.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Dick Vermeil for me he can rebuild this thing and get it going

maineram is offline Registered User

In one of the article recently Chip had stated that changes at the top would happen at the end of the season. He said that he had spoken to some people about the new direction. Now was it he talked to folks to get their opinion, or talked to some folks about the jobs that will be coming up ???

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I'd like to give Devaney a shot, it certainly seems that Chip trusts him, as he's the guy that Haslett's supposed to work with on personnel matters. This draft certainly seems to be panning out well so far.

For other candidates, I personally would be interested by Holmgren, who, according to Peter King, might be interested in a GM position.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post

excatly

we need to STOP hiring people that have had a hand in losing organizations.

success breeds success.

Atlanta isnt a team model id like to follow.

Dick Vermeil would be great-- but I doubt he'll do anything other than wine anymore.

Dan Dierdorff-- interesting, better than Devaney IMO.

Ron Wolfe: hmmm I love that, but what chances to get him are possible.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Ron Jeremy

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Ron Jeremy
    he'd definatly be bangin for the bucks......

crazyl3gs is offline Registered User

I've been pitching the "left field" option of Holmgren for a while, the spoiler to that might be that Seattle might just swing him into a similar role or have him keep his Vice President of Football Operations to keep him from going to a division rival.

So we'd likely have to throw ALOT of money at Holmgren just to compete.

I'd also give looks/interviews to Ed McGuire (SD Asst GM/VP of Football Operations), Jeff Goodman (He's been Shannahan's righthand guy in terms of player personnel and scouting for quite some time), Chris Polian, and call me crazy but I'd like to see Jack Youngblood brought in in some capacity in this new FO. He actually has front office experience (albeit most recently Arena League), and the guy bleeds Millenium Blue and New Century Gold.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Either bring back Don Klosterman or dig up George Young.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Ron Wolf or Brian Schneider of the Packers gets my vote.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast