throwback week

View Poll Results: Who do you want on opening day at the number two wide receiver position?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brian Quick

35 58.33%
  • Austin Pettis

7 11.67%
  • Stedman Bailey

16 26.67%
  • Other

2 3.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Who do you want on opening day at the number two wide-out?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Who do you want on opening day at the number two wide-out?

Brian Quick.....

RealRam is offline Registered User

Pettis only because of his experience but interesting choice between these three names! Good poll / question.

Another "good problem" for the Rams new offense!

ram1906 is offline Registered User

Voted for Bailey... But it should be a rotaion based on situation and individual strengths. So far Bailey has shown that his numbers at WV were no fluke
    ManofGod likes this.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Brian Quick. Why? Because we invested the first overall pick in round two of last year's draft for him. If the light goes on for Brian, he could be a monster. Will it? I have no idea. I am merely hoping like many of the rest of us.

Who do I think our #2 will be at the start of our regular season? Probably Pettis, but whether it is Quick or Pettis, I think by midway through the season, (or sooner), Stedman Bailey will be impossible to keep off the field.

If this was a two part question, with the latter part being: who is the steal of our draft, I'd vote for Bailey with conviction.
    live4ramin likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Brian Quick. Why? Because we invested the first overall pick in round two of last year's draft for him. If the light goes on for Brian, he could be a monster. Will it? I have no idea. I am merely hoping like many of the rest of us.

Who do I think our #2 will be at the start of our regular season? Probably Pettis, but whether it is Quick or Pettis, I think by midway through the season, (or sooner), Stedman Bailey will be impossible to keep off the field.

If this was a two part question, with the latter part being: who is the steal of our draft, I'd vote for Bailey with conviction.
    I agree with the reasoning here for sure. I think even if Quick does not get the second spot on opening day, he will see the field a lot more form day one. We will be in a lot of 3 and 4 WR sets and have multiple groupings. Last year you had to look hard for a Quick sighting during the games. One game he did not even dress. This year from day one he will get plenty of snaps, can he get open and make plays? That has yet to be seen. I hope so.
    ManofGod likes this.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Bailey may be the best WR on the entire team. He is certainly our best option at #2 right now. Quick is still too raw, and Pettis lacks the speed to get constant separation.
    live4ramin likes this.

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

I feel we may be overreacting a bit to Bailey's first preseason performance. Let's keep in mind that the work he's done was against 3rd string CB's, so it's natural that he'd look good.

As for me, I'd take Quick. We need the size-speed blend that he gives us in the red-zone. Aside from that, he's just crazy athletic. The great Isaac Bruce himself said that he wished he had the body of BBQ.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramendola16 View Post
    I feel we may be overreacting a bit to Bailey's first preseason performance. Let's keep in mind that the work he's done was against 3rd string CB's, so it's natural that he'd look good.

As for me, I'd take Quick. We need the size-speed blend that he gives us in the red-zone. Aside from that, he's just crazy athletic. The great Isaac Bruce himself said that he wished he had the body of BBQ.
    For me. my vote for Bailey is not based on one preseason game. From what I have read he has had a great camp and has not been dropping balls. His college production is flat out sick. He may have done it against the third DB on the Browns but when he's on the field with Givens, Austin and Cook. He will be covered by the worst DB on the field not their best.

Both Bailey and Quick played well and both played against the same level of completion in that game. I would not be surprised if they are in a lot of personnel grouping together.

I'm still high on Quick and if he rises and plays to his size and skill sets that would make my year!
    live4ramin and ManofGod like this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Maybe the question shouldn't be who we want in the role, but which one of them is going to step up and take the job?
    live4ramin likes this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Maybe the question shouldn't be who we want in the role, but which one of them is going to step up and take the job?
    Interesting perspective on who becomes our number two wideout! V E R Y important.

Muy importante.

Last edited by RealRam; -08-26-2013 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Texto

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

I know i don't want Pettis who is for me no more than a back up, he looks slow, play small and drop balls that he should catch. I would prefer Quick based on potential but Bailey seems to be a good technician and it's important to have reliable player at this position. Even if Sam has to throw to the open guy, i think the X WR will be the guy the less targeted. With Givens, Austin and Cook sharing targets we need a reliable guy, Stedman could be that man.
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

Okay, my vote was for Quick ... BUT ... based on the twist that Nick suggested: "Maybe the question shouldn't be who we want in the role, but which one of them is going to step up and take the job?", it well may be Bailey!

Hopefully a win-win situation between Quick / Bailey with both coming through as 2 & 3 or 3 & 2.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

At this point, I think I've seen enough of Pettis to say I don't want him to start. He's a decent slot/Red Zone guy, but I don't see him as a starter on the outside.

I'd give Quick a chance.
    laram0 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Okay, my vote was for Quick ... BUT ... based on the twist that Nick suggested: "Maybe the question shouldn't be who we want in the role, but which one of them is going to step up and take the job?", it well may be Bailey!

Hopefully a win-win situation between Quick / Bailey with both coming through as 2 & 3 or 3 & 2.
    Correction -- I had voted for Pettis, not BQ. Sorry.

Bailey just might be the surprise and leave Quick to progress at a slower pace, albeit positive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12