general counsel is offline Registered User

who does pisa remind you of?

I think that pisa is our best outside linebacker since the great, great, great Isiah Robertson. Anyone else have a ram from the past to compare pisa to?

Spoon is fantastic. What a hitter! I agree with av, we may have finally recovered from the loss of london fletcher. Spoon will become an all time great rams linebacker, in the class of fletch, robertson, hacksaw and the great les richter.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: who does pisa remind you of?

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I think that pisa is our best outside linebacker since the great, great, great Isiah Robertson. Anyone else have a ram from the past to compare pisa to?

Spoon is fantastic. What a hitter! I agree with av, we may have finally recovered from the loss of london fletcher. Spoon will become an all time great rams linebacker, in the class of fletch, robertson, hacksaw and the great les richter.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    As defensive players go, I think Pisa is the toughest Ram since Jack Youngblood. The guy has been consistent and doesn't let injuries that would side line most players to effect his play.

Pisa is a warrior who needs to be resigned before the season is over.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    As defensive players go, I think Pisa is the toughest Ram since Jack Youngblood. The guy has been consistent and doesn't let injuries that would side line most players to effect his play.

Pisa is a warrior who needs to be resigned before the season is over.
    i agree totally with that.

MSRamman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    i agree totally with that.
    Make that two...

shoot, I was going to say that as well. But I am not sure he has the same tallent.

general counsel is offline Registered User

He may be the toughest DEFENSIVE player since jack youngblood, but he is not tougher than the second toughest ram of all time (after youngblood), one Mr. Tom Nutten. A close third goes to Hercules, dennis harrah.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RealRam is offline Registered User

GREAT question, GC! Really makes you think and compare in a positive way between PT and other Ram stalwarts on defense.

I'm thinking in terms of Ram LBs for now. First few that come to my memory:

Jack Pardee. Marlin McKeever. Hacksaw Reynolds. Isaiah Robertson. The only difference is that Tino has a more 'fun oriented' approach to the game. It used to be were most great LBs were more of a ferocious, mean / nasty and punishing type of warriors.

I look forward to the time when Pisa is regarded as one of these. His enthusiasm and toughness are giving him the right reputation so far. Let's keep him a RAM!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Attachment 844 Marlin McKeever, ca. 1964. Played some TE but was mainly a LB.

Clic image for larger view.

I'm proud of the fact that we can talk about Pisa Tinoisamoa in the same scope of toughness that LBs such as this one, from 40 yrs ago had and are remembered for. Jack Pardee also, was one underrated LB, but a consistent, hard hitting interceptor -- and not just of the ball but of the ball carrier.

GC mentioned Les Richter. He was another feared Ram LB. Tough as nails. :r
    Last edited by RealRam; -11-04-2007 at 01:02 AM.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I love Pisa, ive watched the NFL for maybe 7 years now, and ive yet to hear of another guy in the league to shrug of dislocations as much as him. The guy could dislocate his neck and still come out a few plays later and hit someone.

And im loving having an LB corps of Spoon and Pisa, the speed alone is just pure awesome to watch, but its great to have another playmaking LB alongside Pisa. Those two have been making key plays so far this season, but the main thing is they have been solid against the run, which is great considering their lack of ideal size. The team has to lock up Pisa before he becomes an FA. And if the Rams pick up another OLB in the draft next year then you can watch out for this defense.