Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Who helped their stock and ....

Looking at last nights game. Who helped their stock and who hurt their stock?

Risers:
    Brooks--Although his named wasn't called at middle linebacker last night, he was all over the field

Groce--Might get a closer look at nickel

Rice--3 sacks verse third string, might warrant a step up to second string to see how he performs against a little better talent

Fallers:

Atogwe--Got burned last night

Timmerman--I thought was the cause of the mess in pass blocking early on

McCollum--Thought was as good as Timmerman

Timothee--pack your bags son, we hardly knew ya!

Hagans--doesn't really seem to fit any where. Looked scared out there

Who else??

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Re: Who helped there stock and ....

Adeyanju looked really good.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Hagans--doesn't really seem to fit any where. Looked scared out there
    I gotta disagree with ya, Wraith......23.5 ypr on KR, and 10.5 ypr on PR? We couldn't get two returners to do that last year, much less one. I think he helped himself.

I think Incognito and Setterstrom both helped themselves. Both held down the LG spot well.
    Last edited by Nick; -08-11-2006 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Merging back to back posts
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is offline Registered User

Risers:

Rams "D"

Claude Wroten

Fallers:

Dominique Byrd

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I gotta disagree with ya, Wraith......23.5 ypr on KR, and 10.5 ypr on PR? We couldn't get two returners to do that last year, much less one. I think he helped himself.
    Football is more than just numbers, though. The numbers look fine, but he didn't when you watched him on the field, IMO.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

but surely its a good thing he can put up those numbers while looking lost? if he gets more focused he could put up even better numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Football is more than just numbers, though. The numbers look fine, but he didn't when you watched him on the field, IMO.
    I'd rather have a lost-looking returner who gets 10.5 yards per punt than a smooth-looking returner who gets less than 10.5 yards per punt.

I gotta disagree with you, Nick. Football IS numbers. As long as Hagans keeps his PR avg. in double digits, he can look as lost as an atheist in church for all I care.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247
    but surely its a good thing he can put up those numbers while looking lost? if he gets more focused he could put up even better numbers
    Maybe, maybe not. I just was not very impressed with him last night. I thought he nearly bumbled two catches, and he just didn't seem like he was very aware of what was going on in regard to seeing the field in front of him and utilizing his blockers. I don't recall seeing him used at WR either, which makes me wonder if his chances to make this roster depend in large part to those return skills. If so, I think he has work to do.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Victor and wroten on the upside. I thought fitz helped himself vs ragone as well. I dont think mcollom and timmerman really hurt themselves in the sense that they arent going to lose their jobs in week one.

By the way, how fat is claude terrell. I think the guy has his own zip code.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I'd rather have a lost-looking returner who gets 10.5 yards per punt than a smooth-looking returner who gets less than 10.5 yards per punt.
    And who ever said it was an either-or situation? It's one game, yet you make it sound like we're backed into a corner with only these two choices. I'm sorry, but a guy gaining 10.5 yards on two returns against last year's third worst punt coverage team while looking lost and making two questionable catches in the process just doesn't have me excited. If he looks better the next couple of games, then maybe he can convince me. But in this case, I just don't understand how the numbers are the entire story when they don't at all show the problems that existed on the field.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Risers

Matt Turk. He had 1 punt on 2 yard line that led to a saftey and another inside the 10

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    And who ever said it was an either-or situation? It's one game, yet you make it sound like we're backed into a corner with only these two choices. I'm sorry, but a guy gaining 10.5 yards on two returns against last year's third worst punt coverage team while looking lost and making two questionable catches in the process just doesn't have me excited. If he looks better the next couple of games, then maybe he can convince me. But in this case, I just don't understand how the numbers are the entire story when they don't at all show the problems that existed on the field.
    I don't think we're backed in a corner at all. I also think it's too early to make a judgement on Hagans. I've heard several fans who don't like how he looked last night. You said he looked "lost". I saw elsewhere that a fan was calling for Linehan to cut him today. That's the part I don't understand. The only tangible evidence of this guy's performance was rather positive (2 PR for 21 yards, 2 KR for 47), yet fans are down on him for intangible appearances. He looks "lost"? Why does it matter if, that is IF he continues to return at the pace he showed last night?

Wraith said (and I assume you agree) that Hagans stock fell based off of how he looked. My point is our qualitative assessment of his appearance shouldn't matter a hill of beans compared to his performance.....and his performance was pretty decent compared to everybody else we have tried back there recently.

Milan is offline Registered User

Fisher (RB) and Adeyanju helped their stocks. Lenoard Little showed explosiveness and he didn't really need to help his stock.

Mo Williams helped his as well.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

first of all 10.5 yds avg. punt returns is that all that, and 23yds for kickoffs,altough not horrible but its nothing special,remember most times he gets 15 yards before he even sees someone from the other team if the kickoff goes to the goal line,i am one of the guys who also thinks he looked lost last night and i am not the least bit impressed with him,but its one game.he deserves another shot next week,so lets see what happens and i really think incognito looked great,this guy is the real deal and as gc said terrell is just plain FAT.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I think my point was with Hagans was that I think we looked hesitant and VERY insecure with the ball. Although he had no fumbles, I believe it will be only a matter of time. An given the reports from camp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast