View Poll Results: Who will have the greatest impact on Sam Bradford's success or failure in 2012?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brian Schottenheimer

13 27.66%
  • Rodger Saffold

8 17.02%
  • Scott Wells

6 12.77%
  • Brian Quick

4 8.51%
  • Steve Smith

1 2.13%
  • Danny Amendola

1 2.13%
  • Jason Smith

1 2.13%
  • Lance Kendricks

4 8.51%
  • Someone else (who?)

9 19.15%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Who is the key to Sam Bradford's success/failure in 2012?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Who is the key to Sam Bradford's success/failure in 2012?

Who has the greatest potential to impact Sam Bradford's performance in a positive or negative way in 2012?

Judaxi is offline Registered User

Re: Who is the key to Sam Bradford's success/failure in 2012?

I honestly believe it is the QB coach. In his rookie season Sam was making his reads, keeping his eyes down field, and making good throws. Last year with no QB coach you could see his fundamentals slipping and he stopped trying to make reads. He needs someone who can coach him up after every single series so he can correct his mistakes.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

I voted other because I wanted to vote for the entire Oline, but since I couldn't I voted for the biggest question mark on the line, Jason Smith. Saffold has to fix some technique issues, but I feel that Smith's problems run a bit deeper than that.

If the Rams offensive line can consistently keep Bradford off his back and give him time I believe he can be as good as anyone in the league.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

I think it is the entire o-line no question about it. When he had a good one his rookie season, he did very good with a bad receiving corp. So if O-line can be back to good, with this upgraded WR corp and RB tandem. I am sure success and vast improvements will come by easily

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

The greatest impact? I'll say Saffold.

Nothing cures happy feet like knowing that you consistently have 3-4 seconds to get rid of the ball before someone hits you from behind.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is offline Registered User

I went Rodger Saffold, man the blind side is still a huge responsibility IMO. If Rodger Saffold can have a great year that would do wonder for Bradford's health.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

If I had made "the entire O line" an option, it would probably have received 99% of the vote (with the remaining 1% going to Ross Perot). Making it a list of INDIVIDUALS is what makes this a challenging question.

JM7
    JM7 is offline Registered User

I went with Schotty; good play calling is crucial for a young qb and effective play calling will hide some offensive weaknesses and allow Sam to learn and grow.
    laram0 likes this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

I voted other: Sam Bradford.

Maybe its a bit of cheating, as the poll was about who besides Sam Bradford will impact his performance the most, but I didn't see anything to that effect. A lot of guys will influence him in a lot of different ways, but the guy who has the most impact is Bradford himself. He needs to stand tall and forget last season, and keep playing the way he did his rookie year. Bradford plays well, and everyone else will start playing better too....maybe.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Drew Brees played with Jermon Bushrod and Charles Brown/Zac Streif at LT and RT, clearly they can be mediocre or bad. The QB must be able to step up and make quick and accurate throws. I went witch Schotty. He must be able to adapt to what the D is giving him. He has to be able to put Sam in a position to exploit the weaknesses of the other team.

THE DREAM TEAM

Agrajag is offline Registered User

There was too much ugly from last season, so it really can't just be one person this season.

I say other for the offensive line.
    live4ramin likes this.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I went with Brian Schottenheimer as his responsibility as OC is to consistently place Sam Bradford in the best possible scenarios via play design/play calling to succeed. Brian must implement schemes that maximise the strong points of all eleven players on O, while disguising as much as possible their frailties. There can be no attempts at shoving square pegs through a round hole. I believe this is precisely why Jeff hired him to be his OC, and (along with coach Cig's help with Sam), I see no reason for him not to have moderate success from the get go.

To be sure, Schotty can't block or catch passes, but he can really help the guys who can through clever schemes and efficient tutelage. Brian must find a way to regularly cook up a great meal come game day with the ingredients on hand. There won't be any running to the store at halftime ..

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If I had made "the entire O line" an option, it would probably have received 99% of the vote (with the remaining 1% going to Ross Perot). Making it a list of INDIVIDUALS is what makes this a challenging question.
    Thats why I am saying Paul Boudreau. I think coaching will be key this year.
    live4ramin and jsimcox like this.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    I went with Brian Schottenheimer as his responsibility as OC is to consistently place Sam Bradford in the best possible scenarios via play design/play calling to succeed. Brian must implement schemes that maximise the strong points of all eleven players on O, while disguising as much as possible their frailties. There can be no attempts at shoving square pegs through a round hole. I believe this is precisely why Jeff hired him to be his OC, and (along with coach Cig's help with Sam), I see no reason for him not to have moderate success from the get go.

To be sure, Schotty can't block or catch passes, but he can really help the guys who can through clever schemes and efficient tutelage. Brian must find a way to regularly cook up a great meal come game day with the ingredients on hand. There won't be any running to the store at halftime ..
    Shotty. And this is why ^

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    I voted other: Sam Bradford.

Maybe its a bit of cheating, as the poll was about who besides Sam Bradford will impact his performance the most, but I didn't see anything to that effect. A lot of guys will influence him in a lot of different ways, but the guy who has the most impact is Bradford himself. He needs to stand tall and forget last season, and keep playing the way he did his rookie year. Bradford plays well, and everyone else will start playing better too....maybe.
    I went this way as well. It says: "who will have the greatest impact on Sam Bradford's success/failure in 2012?"

The "key" is obviously Sam Bradford. All the other's can contribute and play well, but if Sam doesn't play well, none of the other stuff will matter. They can block better, coach better, catch better, so-on and so-on. but if Sammy doesn't read the defense or throw the ball accurately, none of that other stuff will make a hill-of-beans difference.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast