rNemesis is offline Registered User

Who replaces Nai"ll Diggs at LB?

Who is going to replace him now that he is out for the season?

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Who replaces Nai"ll Diggs at LB?

Either David Vobora, Bryan Kehl, or Chris Chamberlain. Larry Grant is probably staying at right OLB. Lets hope these guys can step it up because I'm expressing concerns about drafting an OLB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

ouch. out for the season eh? i rewound that play a few times and it definitely looked like his shoulder took a major crunching at an odd angle. it was a tackle for loss at least...

Kehl has been finally getting reps in practice they said just 2 weeks ago. I sure hope he can surpass Vobora and Chamberlain's production. the play of DV and CC, has been decent this year, but they're not ones I feel great about being out there as every down LB's. Other teams will be sure to capitalize on their being out there. they're great tacklers, but it seems like they get pushed around a bit in the run defense.

I really like Diggs' play in the game before he got hurt... he was running sideline to sideline for the Rams on Sunday. big loss. its too bad Bobby Carpenter didn't pan out. here's hoping Kehl's ready to step it up!

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I'd say it will be Vobora at strong, didn't he start over Grant either this week or last week at the weak backer spot?

Grant will then play the weak like he had earlier this year.

While Diggs has played very good for us this year, losing him doesn't make me say, "Oh no, there goes the playoffs!"

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    I'd say it will be Vobora at strong, didn't he start over Grant either this week or last week at the weak backer spot?

Grant will then play the weak like he had earlier this year.

While Diggs has played very good for us this year, losing him doesn't make me say, "Oh no, there goes the playoffs!"
    I totally agree, it should NOT make you say that or feel that way. He is a very good player, but as ALL teams do, especially the great ones, you rebound, replace, and continue without MISSING a beat or lettign it pull the team's production down

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

We shouldn't have a big drop off because Vobora's specialty was stopping the run while Kehl and Chamberlain are both better coverage linebackers.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

Id say vobora. Hes a very nice guy and has a sick car. After that probably kehl.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

talent wise, we dont lose much on paper .. experience and leadership is what cant be measured and will have to wait till gameday to find out.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Alec22 View Post
    Hes a very nice guy and has a sick car.

Yep. GREAT reasoning .... it'll be him for sure.

That IS a sick car tho.
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I watched a bit of Spags' press conference and he expressed that the loss of his leadership would be big, but seemed to indicate that he was hoping to get Diggs back in the building to keep his presence around the team. That struck me as odd, as injured players, especially those on IR tend to stay away from the team. Still, if we can have a "free" LB coach on the sidelines, I'll absolutely take it!

Spags also seemed to say that the expected recovery time will be 5 months, which would put it right around the draft. We signed him to a two year contract, so there's a good chance he'll be back, since Spags likes him so much.

As for who will replace him, Spags mentioned Vobora, Grant and Chamberlain by name, saying all had experience over there. In my mind, it just means that the line needs to step up just a bit more to harass that offensive line.
    I believe!

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

We will rally around Kehl, Vobora, Chamberlain and Grant, and we will play good football.

Now is the time for these guys to step up and perform. We have a division title to win.

Let's go Rams!!

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Whoever comes in to replace him should be made aware by Spags that if they don`t rise to the task then they are off the team at the end of our season..no point keeping players on the roster we can`t rely on when they are needed as they most certainly are now.
    Flajole has been great when it comes to coaching LB`s for many years so if whoever it is fails then it`s hard to believe it`s down to poor coaching.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Maybe we can come up with certain packages that we could use as a strength. Possibly put Dahl in at a LB spot and throw James Butler back at SS...Dahl is a great run stopper and tackler, lacks a bit of coverage but is a good player.