Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is robbins?

TRUERAMFAN is offline Registered User

Who is robbins?

Man this is sure frustrating these pathetic moves the rams have made so far. Signing Robbins? AJ feely? You would think after coming off a season of only winning 1 game we would be making a bigger impact.

I just hope we dont screw the draft up too.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Who is Robbins?

Both Robbins and Feeley are solid signings of good veterans. These players bring not only much needed experience but, at the same time, great depth. It is too early right now to figure out what effect -- or exactly how -- the addition of these two journerymen will help the Rams in 2010 but I have the feeling they will, again, based on their experience.

And I'm optimistic about the draft too, especially with the early picks.

Drummerman1011 is offline Registered User

Re: Who is robbins?

With how young the roster was last year, we really needed some solid veterans to bring our young players up. All of these people may not like that we are signing ex-eagles and ex-giants veterans, but there is a reason for it. Spags is trying to create a team that holds the same values as his previous teams. What better veteran players to help teach than his own ex-players who he thought so fond of (and helped him succeed at that).

Thats why I wouldn't mind if we signed someone like Antonio Pierce or something like that. We didn't have enough veterans last season.

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Negativity and pessimism. Bah!

New coaching staff, new GM. New gameplan and direction. RealRam is right. We have ZERO idea what is planned. We are ALL "armchair quarterbacks". Any former NFL General Managers out there in the Clan? No? Then I would suggest we ALL take a deep breath and go to our "Happy Places", mmmmkay?

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

peramoure is offline Registered User

Well, I hate the AJ Feeley pickup, moreso the money we paid him, but I love Fred Robbins. Big run stopping DT. I like it a lot.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by peramoure View Post
    Well, I hate the AJ Feeley pickup, moreso the money we paid him, but I love Fred Robbins. Big run stopping DT. I like it a lot.

More importantly, he's not Hollis Thomas, in that he doesn't have to surgically cut his jersey off his back at the end of each game.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Scidog68 View Post
    Negativity and pessimism. Bah!

"...take a deep breath and go to our "Happy Places", mmmmkay?

Scidog - who's your Avatar. Is it that guy we got from the Seahawks awhile back? (Forget his name).
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

RAMarkable is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post

Scidog - who's your Avatar. Is it that guy we got from the Seahawks awhile back? (Forget his name).
    Isaiah Kazcyvenski? I'm willing to wager that its Scidog's mug superimposed over a Ram players picture. Could be wrong though.

WHAT SAY YE?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Isaiah Kazcyvenski? I'm willing to wager that its Scidog's mug superimposed over a Ram players picture. Could be wrong though.

WHAT SAY YE?

Well its Steven Jackson's body as far as i can tell!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TRUERAMFAN View Post
    You would think after coming off a season of only winning 1 game we would be making a bigger impact.
    You would also think that, with ownership in transit and a pretty weak free agent pool this year, fans would know not to expect this team to be major players in the market.

But for some, that doesn't appear to be the case.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Robbins is the guy your gonna hate when the Rams pass on Suh....

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyramsfan View Post
    Robbins is the guy your gonna hate when the Rams pass on Suh....
    I think you're jumping to entirely wrong conclusions about what we got in Robbins & what it necessarily means regarding the Rams' priorities & #1 pick.

Note Spags' description of Robbins as a vet leader & depth in the below article & the impressive productivity/versatility of Robbins.I also like that the guy really wants to play on Spags' team again.I'll take that over a payday hunter like Peppers, no matter what the talent differential. We need a buttload more quality bluecollar hogs to bring out the best in guys like Long who are already on the team & whatever other impact guys get added. It's not an either/or proposition,imo.

By Nick Wagoner
    Senior Writer

The Rams added another piece, a big piece, to their defensive line Monday, signing mammoth defensive tackle Fred Robbins.
    Robbins came to St. Louis over the weekend for a visit and was clearly a priority for coach Steve Spagnuolo and the team.
    The arrival of Robbins in St. Louis comes on the heels of the past six seasons spent in New York. It was there that Robbins emerged as a mainstay of the Giants’ defensive line and first worked with Spagnuolo.

“I am very happy we were able to get this deal done with Fred,” Spagnuolo said. “He is a player I am familiar with and he is a veteran who has been very productive on some very good defenses. He will add leadership to our defense and depth to the defensive tackle position.”

In two years under Spagnuolo – then the Giants defensive coordinator – Robbins had two of his finest seasons, posting 5.5 sacks in each year and combining for 79 tackles, 32 quarterback hurries and 19 quarterback hits in those two seasons.

“I’m excited to join the Rams and I’m really looking forward to playing for Coach Spagnuolo again,” Robbins said. “The two seasons I spent with Coach Spagnuolo were two of the best years of my career. He’s a great coach.”

Robbins’ performance earned him the role of captain on New York’s defense where he was regularly looked to for leadership. Robbins spent his first four seasons in Minnesota where he showed enough promise to be coveted by the Giants in 2004.

Since he started getting regular playing time in his second season (2001), Robbins has missed just three games of a possible 144 in that span.

At 6’4, 325 pounds, Robbins has the size and versatility to play the nose tackle and the three technique positions, the type of versatility Spagnuolo covets in a defensive lineman.

Robbins, 32, was originally a second-round pick of Minnesota out of Wake Forest. In 10 seasons, he’s amassed 28.5 sacks.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

The Rams need to pick up Hank Baskett and move him to DE. Then we could announce The Bask' n Robbins d-line.

This was the best I could come up with so pardon me for it's obvious failure.

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    The Rams need to pick up Hank Baskett and move him to DE. Then we could announce The Bask' n Robbins d-line.

This was the best I could come up with so pardon me for it's obvious failure.

lmao wow! original but extra crispy!

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

I love the Robbins signing. We have way too much youth on this team and we need a vaeteran like Robbins to come in and bring his leadership and knowledge. I think it also shows that we may be leaning more towards Bradford with that first pick as opposed to Suh.

Hopefully Robbins can help to jump start that defense and get us to a winning season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast