View Poll Results: Is Bradford part of the problem?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, he is part of the solution!!

37 67.27%
  • Yes, he has not played near good enough.

3 5.45%
  • He is a small part of the problem, he could be playing better, but could also be much worse.

13 23.64%
  • He is a bust!!! Suck for Luck and trade Bradford!!!

2 3.64%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Who thinks bradford is part of the problem?

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Who thinks bradford is part of the problem?

I really don't think he has been. Give any qb a group of wr's that can barely get open and when they do they forget how to catch, then besides that put that qb behind an O-line that couldn't block there grandmothers. Anyone think Brady would have a stellar year with this unit? he'd of been broken by game 4.

Bradford is stronger then any of us thought. If he had a line that could protect and wr's that weren't mainly 3rd/4th stringers for other teams that could get open and catch this season would be completely different.

Yes, i know i'm playing the "what if" game. and yes Bradford has missed some reads and over thrown some passes, but if you seriously think Bradford is part of the problem, then you my friend, are delusional!!!

I make the this thread cause i have seen a few posts by people thinking he is one of the major factors of why were 0-5.

We do not need luck, we need Bradford, behind a decent o-line and with wr's that can catch, if that happens, we will play good football!
    Last edited by Tampa_Ram; -10-22-2011 at 09:58 PM.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: Who thinks bradford is part of the problem?

Sam Bradford is not part of the problem. He needs both receivers and protection. The elite QB's in this league with few exceptions have both. Sam has had neither. When you play for a bad football team, your mistakes get magnified. He is also adjusting to a new system.

With that said, Bradford needs to do a better job in several areas. He needs to make better reads. He needs to help out his blockers by getting rid of the football quicker. He needs to be more accurate in critical spots. All of this will come with repetition and experience.

We have many more glaring needs to worry about than the performance of Sam Bradford.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I know this is a topical and common angle, but (no offense) I hate this poll.

Sam Bradford was the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year last year. He passed for more yards as a rookie than any QB in history other than Peyton Manning, throwing to a below average receiving corps (to be kind).

Now, after 5 games in his second season, fans feel the need to question whether he is the problem.

Forgive me if I decline to validate this poll with a vote.
    hawaiianpunch likes this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

Sam Bradford was the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year last year. He passed for more yards as a rookie than any QB in history other than Peyton Manning, throwing to a below average receiving corps (to be kind).

Now, after 5 games in his second season, fans feel the need to question whether he is the problem.

We all know what Bradford did as a rookie, what he did in his collegiate career, what he has done thus far this season. we all know and understand how good he really is(most of us at least).

Maybe you didn't read all of the thread, especially the last couple lines, or maybe you just hate people thinking that e is a problem. I made this poll based off the people who think he is a problem when he clearly is not. This is more or less sarcastic poll showing how he isn't the problem and proving it from other members. This thread was made to validate Bradford, which you did, even if you declined to vote. Hate this poll if you want, you played your part just the same, hating the hater and backing Bradford.

I think you might hate this poll, just because there are people out there who actually think he is a problem, and not cause a poll was made out of it. at least thats what im sensing.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Hey Tampa,

I get what you are doing. I too do not think Bradford is "part of the problem" but as stated by NJ, there are things for him to improve on (I have high degree of confidence he will get better) but we are lucky to have this kid. I think the clan members that think he is the problem is very small minority.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

My answer would be a combination of Option #1 and Option #3.

Bradford is "part of the solution" in that he's one of the young pieces this franchise needs to build around. He has the skills and the intelligence to be a very good quarterback, and the Rams need to surround him with better tools so he can grow and reach that potential. You can see flashes of what he's capable of doing every week, though. He's going to be one of the players that will help turn this franchise around.

Having said that, Sam is not playing perfect football out there and he'd be the first to tell you that. Yes, he isn't well protected. Yes, his receivers are dropping balls. But he's also failing to see the entire field at times, holding onto the ball too long, and not being as accurate as we all know he can be, especially in the red zone. When you play poorly, then yes, you become part of the problem. In Sam's case, he represents a very small part and one that will likely correct itself once Sam finds himself in better circumstances.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    I think you might hate this poll, just because there are people out there who actually think he is a problem, and not cause a poll was made out of it. at least thats what im sensing.
    Not exactly.

I hate this poll because it will cause the Chicken Littles and naysayers who want to blame everything and everyone to come out of the woodwork to bash Bradford.

I hate this poll because it will cause others to feel the need to defend Bradford.

I hate this poll becuase it will cause others to make statements about Bradford not being perfect as if that is a revelation.

Again, I'm not criticizing you. I get it. This is a "hot topic" on Rams message boards these days.

Nonetheless... I hate it.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Having said that, Sam is not playing perfect football out there
    I hate this poll becuase it will cause others to make statements about Bradford not being perfect as if that is a revelation.
    You called it!

Signed,
    Nick
    (Bringing Obvious Revelations to the ClanRam since May 2004)

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Sam Bradford has played very well when you take the circumstances into account. Throwing to what is likely the worst Receivers in the league. Dealing with a sieve like o-line. Handling a completely new offensive system. All of that and he has only thrown 2 picks, one of which his receiver fell down on the route and the DB basically had to just take a step back and catch.

ljcrayton is offline Registered User

"We will rally around Sam Bradford, and we will be the Greatest Show on Turf again."

Mark My words, we are a lineman or 2 away from being unstoppable. Granted, Clayton, Lloyd, and amendola may not be Holt, Bruce, and Hakeem, but they are pretty close. We have rode Steven Jackson for too long. In the last 5 years or so, when was the last time a team rode a running back to the superbowl? Yes, the steelers rode "the bus" to the superbowl but let's face it, we need Slammin Sammy.

He's one tough son of a gun. Can you imagine 4 6'4 over 300 pounds guys pounding throughout a game and still able to throw the ball very calmly. Our problem is our line. I believe that our line just need a spark and if Bradford sits out this week, next week we got the saints with Bradford coming back with 2 new hungry receivers.

Patience guys, it's time to unleash the beast known as Bradford and we will have a competitive football team. It sparks your offensive line when a 50 yard pass is completed...that's all we need.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

he is a small part of the problem. He is still the future of the franchise. Still a great qb and will lead this team to big things. We all know that it's mostly been our receiving corps, new offense, SJax injury, cornerback woes and oline problems that have held us back but Bradford still hasn't played well. Twice this year we've closed the gap and started to play well only to have him commit enormous turnovers that stalled all momentum.

I have the utmost confidence he will rebound and have a brilliant career. Still that doesn't mean he's played great this year.

Jockelite is offline Registered User

Given the supporting cast of the O line and the lack of "hands." I think it is fair to say that Sam's play is one of the least concerns when looking at this team.

BEER is offline Registered User

Dude the O line looked as good as Bradford last year. We threw 10 yard passes and the line did not have to pass protect longer than 1 second! Your a very smart football guy, but your blind passion throws you from the truth.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    My answer would be a combination of Option #1 and Option #3.

Bradford is "part of the solution" in that he's one of the young pieces this franchise needs to build around. He has the skills and the intelligence to be a very good quarterback, and the Rams need to surround him with better tools so he can grow and reach that potential. You can see flashes of what he's capable of doing every week, though. He's going to be one of the players that will help turn this franchise around.

Having said that, Sam is not playing perfect football out there and he'd be the first to tell you that. Yes, he isn't well protected. Yes, his receivers are dropping balls. But he's also failing to see the entire field at times, holding onto the ball too long, and not being as accurate as we all know he can be, especially in the red zone. When you play poorly, then yes, you become part of the problem. In Sam's case, he represents a very small part and one that will likely correct itself once Sam finds himself in better circumstances.
    Freaking Nick! I knew exactly what I was going to write until I read your post and you stated exactly what I was going to say.... Sam has made some horrid throws this year that were at important part of the game and had a wide open WR and enough time to throw it he just misfired.(probably would of dropped it anyhow! -_-) I love Sam and think the world of the young QB and like Nick stated he'l be the first to tell you he hasn't played 100% or close to what he would like.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Well the answer is yeah he is part of the problem as he part of the team. All the players are part of the problem. But I would say the ones that are injured and not playing are a bigger part of the problem then Sam is...

My take on Sam play this year is he's play well at times and not so well and other times, all to be expected for a QB in his second year on a rebuilding team.

I'm going to always compare Sam's career to his favorite QB Troy Aikman. They both started on teams that where bad.

Troy Aikman first two years Troy had 18 INT's in both years and his rating was 55 and 56..
    he had 9 and 11 TD's..

Aikman did not play much better in his third year... So what changed and made Troy into a HOA player?

Michael Irvin, was on the team already but he was a second year player and missed games early in his career took him awhile to become a pro WR,

Emmitt Smith was not drafted until 1990... Troys second year.. and he was just a rookie.

I look at the Cowboys and compare them to the Rams. Sam is a young QB with some young players, except SJ. But SJ is at the end of his career and he can't help too much from the sideline.

We need to add a Justin Blackmon "type" player and a Trent Richardson "type" player in the next two years... both need to be great players.

Give Kendricks a couple of years to become a solid TE and Sam will keep pace with Troys numbers and maybe a ring our two!

Troy had three tough years before he became a great QB, Sam is on track. IMO
    Tampa_Ram and Ironmaidenram like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast