Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ramstiles is offline Registered User

Who wants Mike Martz

With all this talk about Mike Martz returning Who would be happy if he returned as our new OC

As you can guess I would

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Who wants Mike Martz

Results is what will make me happy. If it happens to be Martz as our new OC, GREAT!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I'm another who just wants results, and I liked Saunders system, I still do. It's a run heavy adaptation of the Martz system, it just didn't work this year as well as it had, primarily due to our offensive line. There's no guarantees that the Martz system would have done well with our line this year either. But there's one big reason for bringing him back. He gets the most out of his receivers and quarterback.

If Martz was to be brought back in, you could count on Bulger having at least a good year versus what we've seen the last two. You could count on Avery and Barton being quality pick ups because they'd be used. I mean come on. Mike Furrey and McDonald? Former Rams who were backups at best, and all of a sudden they're major fantasy pickups! Furrey was switched between offense and defense for goodness sakes!

For all the Bulger haters, yes, maybe Bulger was simply a product of the Martz system and looked good the one year out of it simply because he, Holt and Bruce were still playing a bit of Martz ball out there. But isn't that the exact reason to bring him back? Get a return on our investment?

Now, as our best years were clearly before Martz had a chance to muck with teh roster, he should have no personnel involvement other than deciding who's playing and to put in a wish list for our aquisitions. Let the head coach and Devaney take care of the actual signing of players.

bean89 is offline Registered User

Firstly I would just like to say hi to everyone, and secondly i keep seeing all this talk about how Steven Jax just wouldnt get used etc. have people forgot how good Marshall Faulk was working under Martz? Surely having Martz as OC would make Jax a more dynamic running back?

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

jackson is surely about as dynamic as he could get already, and martz doesnt have a power running game to take the pressure off bulger like many think we need.

maybe having the pass wacky mad mike offence will make people fear our passing game as well as already fearing jackson. that sounds interesting!

majorram is offline Registered User

I'm all for it...............................holy crap i would be excited!!

steve
    "The breakfast Club"

majorram is offline Registered User

man I'm still pumped... at least it would be entertaining to watch...

steve
    "The breakfast Club"

fearsome foursome is online now Registered User

Let's see......hire a coach that was fired by three of the worst teams in the league? (Lions,Rams,*****) I don't think so.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Welcome Bean!

Yes, there is that concern that Jackson won't be used as effectively as he would in a power run game, but if Jax is going to get that 2500 yards that he wanted back in 07, I can't think of anyone else whom he'd rather have as an OC. What we forget is that in 2006 when we had that good, almost playoff year, is that Jax caught 90 balls out of the backfield for 800+ yards in addition to having 1500 on the ground. He was catching little dump offs and made the defenders either hesitate and watch him, stalling the pass rush, or he mad ethem pay when they let him catch the ball.

bean89 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Welcome Bean!

Yes, there is that concern that Jackson won't be used as effectively as he would in a power run game, but if Jax is going to get that 2500 yards that he wanted back in 07, I can't think of anyone else whom he'd rather have as an OC. What we forget is that in 2006 when we had that good, almost playoff year, is that Jax caught 90 balls out of the backfield for 800+ yards in addition to having 1500 on the ground. He was catching little dump offs and made the defenders either hesitate and watch him, stalling the pass rush, or he mad ethem pay when they let him catch the ball.
    That's my point exactly. In the years where Martz was HC, Faulk was getting yards through rushing and in the air, therefore making him a more dangerous player.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

I dont. But thinking about Saunders makes it a major upgrad. lol, man this team is all messed up

Big-Dave314 is offline Registered User

yes i would love to have martz back

TheBritishRam is online now Registered User

I'd love to see him back, Bulger would be back in the system he performed the best in (forgetting about the small matter of turnovers)

bruce4life is online now Registered User

Bring back Martz now. Everyone here at the clan should write a letter to Billy D and tell him how we feel.. lol

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I don't want Martz back. I don't know what impact he had on our drafting, but let me throw a few names out that were drafted under his tenure, Trung Candidate, Robert Thomas, Damien Lewis, Adam Archuleta, Jimmy Kennedy. No Hall Of Famers here.

We need a new direction. Let's not forget what he did in the 2002 Super Bowl where we were 2 touchdown favorites. Sorry, I don't buy into bringing back a problem or at best a questionable coach/decision maker.

Go Rams!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast