View Poll Results: Who will get healthy this weekend?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rams run defense giving up 600 yards per game (Slight exaggeration)

7 77.78%
  • Edgerrin James with his 3.1 yards per, 3 TD, 695 yards (No exaggeration)

2 22.22%
    Rambos is offline Registered User

Who will get healthy this weekend?

Who will get healthy this weekend?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Who will get healthy this weekend?

I voted for Rams run defense. Edge had 94 yards on 24 carries vs. our D in the 1st meeting.

ramsfan1975 Guest

ok let me get this straight, we choose either the run defence giving up 600 yards on the ground this week OR edge getting 3.1 per carry ammassing 6 tds and 695 yards rushing???

you know that means he would have to touch the ball 224.19 times, even at a average of 20 seconds a play thats 74 minutes of just running the ball in a 60 minute game... talk about being gloomy sheesh!

maybe im missing something of having a brain fart.. someone please explain this to me ??:x

Rambos is offline Registered User

Rams run defense giving up 600 yards per game (Slight exaggeration)
    This is how it feels week in and week out.Key word exaggeration.
    Last edited by Rambos; -11-29-2006 at 10:59 PM.

BigGameMN Guest

I'm voting Edge and hope I'm wrong.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Call me the eternal optimist, but I think (er, hope?) that the Rams D holds someone under 100 yards. Gawd, they've got to figure it out sometime this year. The players we have can't be this bad, they just can't. Shoot, the lineman could fall down eveytime and do a better job of stopping the run.

Since the Cards don't have a running game, to speak of, we should have our best game of the year, defensively. Let's see what Mr. Haslett has planned....
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Call me the eternal optimist, but I think (er, hope?) that the Rams D holds someone under 100 yards. Gawd, they've got to figure it out sometime this year. The players we have can't be this bad, they just can't. Shoot, the lineman could fall down eveytime and do a better job of stopping the run.

Since the Cards don't have a running game, to speak of, we should have our best game of the year, defensively. Let's see what Mr. Haslett has planned....

Not sure where to start with this. After 11 games the Rams are ranked last in rushing defense. 11 games is a pretty good sample so I'm guessing they are not gonna figure it out. As stated James did have 94 yards aginst the Rams the first time around. I have a feeling that AZ will have their best rushing game of the year against us unless a couple of things happen. One way for the Rams to lower their rushing yards per game number is to take AZ out of their rushing game. The way to do that is to jump out to an early and large lead. This will make AZ pass the ball as they did last week against the Vikings. AZ only ran the ball about 10 plays. But that brings up the question; Is the Rams passing defense that much better than their run defense? They are ranked 10th in passing defense BUT that ranking is skewed by the fact that opponents run the ball against the Rams more than they pass as seen by the fact that the Rams are 3rd in passing attempts against. In the end the Rams defense is pretty bad, it's not an illusion, so for the Rams to win this game, or any game the rest of the season for that matter, they have to produce turnovers, one thing the Rams D is good at, and score when they have the ball. So get a lead, force AZ to pass, blitz on passing downs when possible and force trnovers. In the end it adds up to keeping the Rams defense off the field as much as possible.

ImJohnWayne is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Well... i voted for the Rams run D... because according to Haslett and Jimmy all Kennedy has to do is not turn sideways