View Poll Results: Who will be the last of the 1999 Rams to go?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Torry Holt

9 17.31%
  • Orlando Pace

17 32.69%
  • Trent Green

1 1.92%
  • Leonard Little

25 48.08%
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Who will be the last?

Hard as it is to believe, the Rams have only 4 players left on the roster who were with the 1999 Championship team: Orlando Pace, Torry Holt, Trent Green (who, of course, was injured in 1999, and has not been continuously on the Rams since), and Leonard Little (who was suspended for half that year).

Who will be the last to go?

eldfan is offline Registered User

Re: Who will be the last?

Good question I say it is between Pace and Little but I will go with Pace.
    :ramlogo:

zingers16 is offline Registered User

I think holt will stay. I know he is upset with the play this year and hasn't really shown much (also said to have been asking to be taken out of a game....which i dont think is true with the type of person he is), but i think with a different off. cord. he will do better.

I think green will be gone next year, and pace and little will retire rams....or at least i hope.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I'll say Pace since he is younger than Little they both have been banged up, but Pace is tough. I don't see green in the picture next year. I also think Holt will demand out.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Holt. Here's why. Trent Green, I'm sure, has realized his days are over soon then he once and this organization than they thought . Orlando is a HOF tackle, but he's been hurt too often lately and the Rams would be better of with him retired and hopefully next year's first round OT will take his place. Little I'm not too sure about, but I know Holt will stay because he can still be a threat in the passing game, and I'm going to think he will be resigned, unlike Ike.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Little, Reasons:

Holt will be the first to the group to leave. Without a passing game that goes deep or medium, his talent is being wasted, and he has gas in his tank. Further he is getting pricy in terms of salary. So likely the Rams are better off to trade him and get something back and allow Holt to finish his career with a bang and not a whimper.

Pace is a close second to leave. Right now with a pathetic line, the Rams need all the help they can get. But when was the last time Pace finished a season playing 70% or more of the games in a season? With Pace sitting on the bench nursing an injury, its money wasted.

L. Little--with all the Rams investment in Defense (and little to show for it) its likely Little will be the last to leave. Not too heavy a hit on the slary cap, less prone to being idle with injury.

I personally Like T. Green, but I don't think he counts as really being part of the 1999 class

Mooselini is offline Registered User

It's close between Holt and Little.

I'm afraid Holt will demand out. But thats by the end of next season (I think).

Leonard Little can still be disruptive againt offenses.

Both show life.

Pace is getting hurt every season.

I think in the end, Holt stays with the Rams...

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I think Holt goes this offseason to play with his brother in Carolina, despite veteran Mushin Muhammad's apparent revival after his Chicago debacle. One way or another, I think he wants right out of St. Louis and it would be pointless to keep him if he's dissatisfied with whatever regime happens to be in place at the start of the next offseason. If he stays, I'm betting it will be for a new coach, a new OL and probably a new co-ordinator, too.

Green, I think, is goneskis.

I've got a hunch that Pace retires at the end of this season. He could well stick around for another season, though.

Little, therefore, wins by default. I think he's been rejuvinated, this year, and his individual improvement has paralleled the overall improvement of the D Line. He stays at least till the end of next season, IMO, and possibly after that, if he's still under contract.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Gotta agree that it's likely to be Little. Esp if we change to a 3-4. Don't know if LL has the speed to play in space as an OLB but it might be less stress on his body & lengthen his career even more.

What's amazing me to me is that these 3 excellent Rams of whom we have so many good memories-I don't include TG, either- are still playing for us,not that they are the only ones.

According to NFLplayers.com, the average career is just over 3 seasons.

We struck it rich with these guys. They set standards for their positions that will not be easy for future Rams to match,never mind exceed. Hard to think that both Holt and Pace aren't first ballot HOFers. Leonard has always been underappreciated in the general NFL public's eye,imo.

I'll miss them all whenever & in whatever order they go.

RealRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    I personally Like T. Green, but I don't think he counts as really being part of the 1999 class
    Good observation RD. That infamous hit on Trent that destroyed his left knee (by the infamous Rodney) placed Green on IR during preseason and the entire year.

Question then: did Trent get a SB ring? [I've been following the NFL for decades and don't know how that works.] But you have a point in that he wasn't part of the 99 GSOT at all. ...Or was he?

In any case, I voted for Holt. A couple of weeks ago I had mentioned this same question, of our last SB Ramwarriors. ...What a difference from then to now!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    Good question I say it is between Pace and Little but I will go with Pace.
    I agree that it will come down to those two, however I think Little sticks around longer. The reason being......Little has value as a situational pass rusher. OTOH, there's no such thing as a situational LT, so I'm betting Pace runs out of gas first.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

zingers16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Don't know if LL has the speed to play in space as an OLB but it might be less stress on his body & lengthen his career even more.
    Little started with us as a linebacker. Granted he is getting old but he might be able to put up decent numbers and help the team.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Good observation RD. That infamous hit on Trent that destroyed his left knee (by the infamous Rodney) placed Green on IR during preseason and the entire year.

Question then: did Trent get a SB ring? [I've been following the NFL for decades and don't know how that works.] But you have a point in that he wasn't part of the 99 GSOT at all. ...Or was he?

In any case, I voted for Holt. A couple of weeks ago I had mentioned this same question, of our last SB Ramwarriors. ...What a difference from then to now!

If you'e on the team, you get a ring. Even the non-players get rings. I got a ring.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

I went with Pace. He can still hold up to the best of the pass rushers and should be able to do so for a couple more years. You really can't point to his inability to stay on the field as a deciding factor, as all of the players mentioned have had their injury issues at some point in their careers. Green is old, Holt isnt big game anymore and Little is running out of juice.

If you asked this question at the beginning of the season i would've said Holt. But now that the guy is asking out of games, I would like to see him go 1st. A few weeks ago he felt he was being phased out of the picture but now he's phasing himself out? PLEEEZ!!! Now there's the veteran leadership this team needs.