View Poll Results: Who will lead the Rams in TDs in 2013?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daryl Richardson

0 0%
  • Isaiah Pead

1 2.17%
  • Terrance Ganaway

0 0%
  • Zac Stacy

2 4.35%
  • Chris Givens

6 13.04%
  • Tavon Austin

10 21.74%
  • Brian Quick

4 8.70%
  • Stedman Bailey

7 15.22%
  • Austin Pettis

4 8.70%
  • Jared Cook

12 26.09%
  • Lance Kendricks

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Who will lead the Rams in touchdowns in 2013?

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Who will lead the Rams in touchdowns in 2013?

Too many good choices. After much head scratching, I decided to go with Bailey. Quick is who I would like to grab the td title, but Bailey has been steadily productive throughout his college career, and will fly under the radar. He may not get much action early on in the season, but that should change midway. Which ever player wins, I am hoping for TDs in the double digits ..
    live4ramin likes this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

2012 - Brandon Gibson, 5
    2011 - Steven Jackson, 6
    2010 - Steven Jackson, 6
    2009 - Donnie Avery, 5
    2008 - Steven Jackson, 8
    2007 - Torry Holt, 7
    2006 - Steven Jackson, 16
    2005 - Steven Jackson, 10
    2004 - Torry Holt, 10
    2003 - Torry Holt, 12
    2002 - Marshall Faulk, 10
    2001 - Marshall Faulk, 21
    2000 - Marshall Faulk, 26
    1999 - Bruce, 12 & Faulk, 12

It's kind of interesting to see the devolution of the offense summarized by who's leading the team in TDs and how many it took to lead the team. As you can see it hasn't been that difficult over the past few years. And the competition is certainly wide open as none of the possible candidates have ever led this team.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

live4ramin is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=HUbison;464034]2012 - Brandon Gibson, 5

Good grief.
    "The horror"

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Stedman will benefit because of the double coverage on Tavon.

Fastcat is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Stedman will benefit because of the double coverage on Tavon.
    Judging from the ota's, Baily won't be starting, and if he does that means something SERIOUSLY went wrong with Quick and Pettis... Ijs

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    Judging from the ota's, Baily won't be starting, and if he does that means something SERIOUSLY went wrong with Quick and Pettis... Ijs
    But can anything really be judged from OTAs? Outside of monitoring any long-term injury status and/or the offseason fitness of a player, I'm not sure there's much to take stock from in OTAs. Certainly not any depth chart determinations.

And, just for discussion sake, what if Bailey does wind up starting? Is it because something "SERIOUSLY" went wrong with Quick and Pettis? Or because Bailey is a better receiver than anticipated?
    RealRam likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastified View Post
    None of the RB's have a shot. Committee. Going to be a WR or TE.

Bailey - 25 TD's last year

Cook - Has the size. Developing that chem with Bradford. Seem to really like each other.

Austin - going to be the go to guy

Will be one of those 3 IMO
    Really going out on a limb there.

I'll say Pettis.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

If Bailey is the turns out to be the better wr and starts ahead of quick or Pettis. It just means we hit on him and Quick may never pan out, Pettis will probably be on his way out the door, or one of the two are injured. I don't see him starting in a 2 we set. We will see

If Bailey is the turns out to be the better wr and starts ahead of quick or Pettis. It just means we hit on him and Quick may never pan out, Pettis will probably be on his way out the door, or one of the two are injured. I don't see him starting in a 2 we set. We will see
    I disagree. Why would it necessarily mean that? So if Bailey turns out better than you think he is, that means Quick is a bust?

I just don't think these are mutually exclusive situations. I'm not saying Bailey will be a starter this year, but if he is, it certainly does not mean Pettis and Quick are out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I disagree. Why would it necessarily mean that? So if Bailey turns out better than you think he is, that means Quick is a bust?

I just don't think these are mutually exclusive situations. I'm not saying Bailey will be a starter this year, but if he is, it certainly does not mean Pettis and Quick are out the door.
    Drafting a player in the 4th round you HOPE the guy can be a starter one day once he develops. If you draft a player in the 2nd round, he should be starting in year 2, if not sometime in yr 1 and or atleast making a significant contribution. Right or wrong? Ijs no team drafts a 4 rounded and EXPECTS them to be a day 1 starter. If Bailey becomes a journeyman written he will never be labeled a bust. But if Quick becomes one, well, what do u think he will be called? Lmao, he was the 33rd pick. This is simply but u don't get it?? I don't understand. And as far as Pettis goes, he was a 4rd pick so if Bailey takes his spot do u really think he won't be replaced somehow?? especially if he is nearing a contract which I assume he is.

Remember when we drafted Pettis and Salas? They both I believe were like top 5 in total catches in the college. Then when they got here both couldn't catch a cold? Then the next year Salas gets cut? And he was a 4th rounded I believe. I hope we have 5 HOFers on our we corps but I just can't see Bailey starting or really having a big role this year.
    Last edited by Fastcat; -06-18-2013 at 08:48 AM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Drafting a player in the 4th round you HOPE the guy can be a starter one day once he develops. If you draft a player in the 2nd round, he should be starting in year 2, if not sometime in yr 1 and or atleast making a significant contribution. Right or wrong? Ijs no team drafts a 4 rounded and EXPECTS them to be a day 1 starter. If Bailey becomes a journeyman written he will never be labeled a bust. But if Quick becomes one, well, what do u think he will be called? Lmao, he was the 33rd pick. This is simply but u don't get it?? I don't understand. And as far as Pettis goes, he was a 4rd pick so if Bailey takes his spot do u really think he won't be replaced somehow?? especially if he is nearing a contract which I assume he is.
    Austin Pettis is a 3rd round pick, not 4th. Also, you aren't considered a bust if somebody just outplays you.. In his rookie year Austin Pettis (a lot of us thought) was outplayed by Greg Salas and nobody considered him a bust. I think you can forget about Bailey starting this year anyways, I'd be willing to bet he does NOT start.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post

Austin Pettis is a 3rd round pick, not 4th. Also, you aren't considered a bust if somebody just outplays you.. In his rookie year Austin Pettis (a lot of us thought) was outplayed by Greg Salas and nobody considered him a bust. I think you can forget about Bailey starting this year anyways, I'd be willing to bet he does NOT start.
    Ur right I did say Pettis was a 4th rder. But imo bust status goes to 1st and 2nd round picks. And it doesn't matter if u get outplayed, didn't get "it", or just can't play. A bust is a bust, lol. But I'm not calling Quick a bust but if he isn't on the field a lot mid season he will be heading down that rode.
    Last edited by Fastcat; -06-18-2013 at 09:13 AM.

Agrajag is offline Registered User

I know what you're saying about him heading down that road, but I'm just not that worried about Quick just yet.

Will people be panicking if Tavon Austin isn't out there on every offensive play in his rookie year?

Honestly, as a fan I want the coach to have the freedom to substitute early and often, playing his rookies in situations where they can continue to build off of their success.

The receivers are young now, and Austin Pettis and Givens are the more experienced of the group, so I won't be surprised at all to see them catch more balls as things get going.

If you draft a player in the 2nd round, he should be starting in year 2, if not sometime in yr 1 and or atleast making a significant contribution. Right or wrong?
    Wrong, obviously. Rodgers being the perfect example. He certainly wasn't a starter in year 2. Why? Because he was a bust? No, because there was someone better ahead of him on the depth chart.

IF Quick/Pettis is not in the starting lineup in September, one would be wrong to take that as prima facie proof that they are "busts".
    Ijs no team drafts a 4 rounded and EXPECTS them to be a day 1 starter. If Bailey becomes a journeyman written he will never be labeled a bust. But if Quick becomes one, well, what do u think he will be called? Lmao, he was the 33rd pick.
    Now you're trying to speak in fan expectations and labels. Neither bear any relevancy in a serious discussion.
    This is simply but u don't get it?? I don't understand.
    Are you trying to say "this is simple"? Because no, I don't understand "This is simply but u don't get it".

1. I'm assuming u mean Aaron rodgers. If so he was a 1st rrounder and he didn't take a back seat to a 3rd or 4th rounder that was drafted AFTER him... Simple... See? And I said if quick isn't starting or contributing significantly he is Headed down the bust road.

2. I am a fan, speaking in fan expectations, and labels. This forum is for fans (I thought anyways) to discuss things... Who's gonna take it serious? its not like WE or I have a real say so on what goes on, but apparently u do... I thought u were a fan too or did I miss something here, coach?

3. It's still simple and I still don't get how u don't get it, lol. My point was if a 4th rounder takes a 2nd rounders (who was drafted a yr prior) spot or out performs him a mistake was made. Or you just have a very good problem to solve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast