View Poll Results: Who will be more productive?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kenny Britt

15 60.00%
  • Brian Quick

10 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Who will be more productive?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Who will be more productive?

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are when it comes to these two. Both playing the same position and will be battling for reps in camp. I hope Quick wins the starting job if we don't draft Evans or Watkins.
    Last edited by Rambos; -04-26-2014 at 03:36 PM.

kman is offline Registered User

Re: Who will be more productive?

I went with Britt..at least hes shown some big potential..thats all I can go with at this point..

RuffRams is offline Registered User

I'm going with Quick. I have hope that he will pull it out this year as a solid starter. He better, because when he was drafted I was giving him a 3 year leash. With 3rd year as a must be solid year. Vincent Jackson-esque

RealRam is offline Registered User

Same here, Ruff. This is BQ's time to put those tools to work and make plays, to be more consistent.

-

Last edited by RealRam; -04-27-2014 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Images
    RuffRams likes this.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Weight room phenom.
    I'm the guy that walks up after the argument's started.

chucknbob is offline Registered User

I said Britt. Not that I think he'll do well, I just haven't seen ANYTHING from Quick to make me think he's going to break out.

Randart is offline Registered User

I went with Quick as even if which I feel it is a big if, Britt makes it out of camp and is the starter he gets hurt allot. Quick seems resilient to injury thus far and I feel is a good blocker also helps us in the run game. I think he could have a fine season. Britt I feel will be a spot situational guy if he can stick on the team and stay healthy!

I even go so far as to agree with the front office Kool Aide of we have a nice core of recievers, and just need to give these utes a chance to come along. Would love to add one more to the mix in this draft, to really get a feel for where we are etc... Like many I think Evans gives us a dynamic player that would be very hard to match up on added to our other guys. And Watkins would be a true Number One, but so uncertain of where our team is going in this draft WR may be waaaaay down on their lists.
    Last edited by Randart; -04-27-2014 at 11:51 AM.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are when it comes to these two. Both playing the same position and will be battling for reps in camp. I hope Quick wins the starting job if we don't draft Evans or Watkins.
    I listened to a radio interview with Softli the other day, and he was asked about Quick. Tony implied that "the light hasn't gone on for him yet" as regards the mental part of the game. He didn't sound particularly optimistic overall. Then again, coming from Tony Softli, who knows?

I think all of us are rooting for Quickie to prove worthy of his draft status, and help out the team. As to your question "who will be more productive," I view it as a toss up. They both are loaded with "potential," but neither have lived up to the hype consistently. My preference would be Brian ..

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

If the wheels haven't fallen off, I think Britt is the proven, if difficult, quantity; he had nearly 1500 yds and 12 TDs in his first two seasons on a struggling team with an unsettled QB situation. BQ has 458/4 on a similar team. Britt was picked 30th. BQ was 33rd.

Not an easy choice despite the numbers; I watched the Carolina game again recently. Forgot the big plays BQ made , probably because of the trauma of Sam's injury & general testiness of the game. Then again, he dropped an easy one early on that killed a drive,iirc. I certainly thought he would do better with Clemens than he did since they'd grooved a bit in preseason but he largely disappeared, it seemed to me. If Sam hadn't gone down, would we be looking at that game as a coming out party ? Or just another tease ?

Just checked on PFR; BQ caught the same number of passes(9) in 7 games with Sam as he did in 9 with KC. But he matched the early numbers despite getting shut out thrice with KC. Yes, I said thrice; deal with it...lol... Then again, nearly double the yards with Sam(196 vs 106).

Which BQ will show up; the flubhander who blows hot reads & gets hit in the back with the ball or the beast who makes plays I've seldom, if ever, seen a Ram WR make in 40+ years as a fan ?
    MauiRam likes this.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    If the wheels haven't fallen off, I think Britt is the proven, if difficult, quantity; he had nearly 1500 yds and 12 TDs in his first two seasons on a struggling team with an unsettled QB situation. BQ has 458/4 on a similar team. Britt was picked 30th. BQ was 33rd.

Not an easy choice despite the numbers.

Which BQ will show up; the flubhander who blows hot reads & gets hit in the back with the ball or the beast who makes plays I've seldom, if ever, seen a Ram WR make in 40+ years as a fan ?
    You nailed it! Trying to choose between these two presents a real conundrum (for me anyway). As you say, which Brian is gonna show up?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I lean towards Britt by a very slight margin.

The bottom line is that there's a lot of pressure on both of these guys to produce.

Britt signed a 1 year contract and the Quick "project" is in year 4.

Time to ____ or get off the pot!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm not expecting a ton out of either. The Britt deal is the '14 version of the '12 Steve Smith signing. As for Quick, he was a rare draft day mistake for Fishead. They flew out to ASU and fell in love with a workout. They took a 4th round receiver in the 2nd round.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Here is my hope for Quick. That in OTAs and Camp he is giving the starting job. Meaning he gets most of the reps and he starts in the preseason games with the ones including Bradford. It should be his job to lose. As Hub mentioned Steve Smith, the Rams gave him the starting job and by week four or so he was benched. I hope the Rams give Quick the same opportunity at this point, he's either going to start making plays and play at a higher level or he's not. If Britt gets the starting job and by week three he's benched and then they try Quick, I will be disappointed. I would rather find out Quick can't play at this level and move on.
    MauiRam likes this.

I was looking at Alshon Jeffery numbers 89 catches, 1421 yards, 7 TDs and thought wow we could have drafted him. Then I looked closer. He had 150 targets 150! The Bears used him a lot. He averaged 16 yards per catch and caught the ball 59% of the time, when targeted.

Quick was targeted only 36 times and caught the ball 50% of the time for 302 yards, 2 TDs and a higher avg. 16.8.

If Quick was targeted 150 times he could have produced, 75 Catches for 1260 yards and 8 TDs.

OK not an exact science but it stands to reason if you play him and target him more often he can produce very good numbers.
    MauiRam and Randart like this.

turbofargo is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I was looking at Alshon Jeffery numbers 89 catches, 1421 yards, 7 TDs and thought wow we could have drafted him. Then I looked closer. He had 150 targets 150! The Bears used him a lot. He averaged 16 yards per catch and caught the ball 59% of the time, when targeted.

Quick was targeted only 36 times and caught the ball 50% of the time for 302 yards, 2 TDs and a higher avg. 16.8.

If Quick was targeted 150 times he could have produced, 75 Catches for 1260 yards and 8 TDs.

OK not an exact science but it stands to reason if you play him and target him more often he can produce very good numbers.
    Have to wonder is the targeting because we spread it out more, or could it be cause his route running and seperation skills are lacking?

This is going to be a big year from him. 3rd year is make or break for WRs it seems, and if we don't get a WR in the draft he is going to have to show his worth. Hopefully he will. Not sold on Britt, think he is too much of a head case and wasn't all that productive in his prime years. I hope he makes me eat crow in saying that and blows the comp away, but not holding my breath.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast