majorram is offline Registered User

Who will win the C positon

Clan my money is on Romberg, I think hes look real good and I think that hes got great chemistry with Mark and Cog, this is the line up I would like to see

Pace
    Setterstrom
    Romberg
    Cog, what a beast that guy is
    Barron

nice to see that we have good depth along the line

thoughts

steve:l

"The breakfast Club"

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Who will win the C positon

Quote Originally Posted by majorram View Post
    Clan my money is on Romberg, I think hes look real good and I think that hes got great chemistry with Mark and Cog, this is the line up I would like to see

Pace
    Setterstrom
    Romberg
    Cog, what a beast that guy is
    Barron

nice to see that we have good depth along the line

thoughts

steve:l
    My money has been on Romberg since the end of last season. There comes a time when it is time to move on, and I think that time has come for Andy. He gave us some great years, no question, but if the battle for center is as close as Linnehan says, then it isn't rocket science that you pick a guy who is ten yrs younger. Romberg should win the job and be a fixture on the line for a few years. As for Fry not having adequate reach to play guard, may I mention that Romberg's arms are supposed to be too short to play center ... Brett seems to have done ok, and I think Dustin will do ok as well. Whatever Fry lacks in reach I am sure will be compensated by his natural strength, desire, and just plain old nastiness.

ramsfan1975 is offline Registered User

my vote is for romberg as well.

we finnaly have depth on the line! no more of the days where the back ups were old enough to get social security checks, or only had one leg left ect.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsfan1975 View Post
    we finnaly have depth on the line!
    I mean this as courteously as possible when I say I wouldn't get too excited. that depth you're heralding include a hand-me-down from the Cardinals 2006 O-line and a non-aggressive limp-wristed 'hasn't played a true nfl down in nearly two years' C. Terrell for the guard position; Plus, as much as I'd hate to say it, I think Setterstrom still has some youth-induced growing pains to go thru before proving solid season-long starter, but he WILL get there. I think a few games into this season will be needed to get him settled in as a full time starter. An unimpressive Goldberg as the utility guy. And as much as i like Drew Strojny and his potential, he hasn't proven enough on the field yet. (I leave Steussie out of the equation since you've specifically bespoken aged players)

But with the center position- I have to whole-heartedly agree with you. Almost too much depth when you think about the possibility that Fry may be exposed to relegation to the practice squad.

The Rams depth on the O-line is much improved from last year, but I don't think there's enough experience and consistency there to allow us to breathe a sigh of relief; one or two moderate injuries could send the whole musical chairs dance to begin again.