View Poll Results: Who is winning the battle for the third QB spot?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ragone

4 8.89%
  • Fitzpatrick

41 91.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Who is winning the battle for the third QB spot?

If it's "moxie, toughness and a will to win" your looking for, Fitz showed all that and more in the amazing performance against the Texans last year. He tailed off in subsequent action, but IMO what he did against Houston was a good indicator of what he is capable of. In that game he was abrubtly thrown in the mix without time to think about the situation and just concentrated on the task at hand. A task that he completed in impressive fashion.

As far as Ragone, his numbers have been OK but he does not look comfortable or mechanically sound to me. Maybe he'll turn things around and look more confident in the next two games, but at this point I think Fitz has been the much more solid competitor.

theodus69 Guest

Hell, I'd smoke (smoker) before I took Rogaine(ragone). Fitz should be in the right choice!

clucas1107 Guest

I'm thinking more about his NFL Europe MVP effort last summer & his three Conference USA MVP seasons.
    In his rookie year with Houston, game one against Jacksonville was without Dominick Davis & an injury-filled offensive line. Game two against Tampa Bay featured three Andre Johnson deep ball drops that could have changed the outcome of that game.
    Bottom line...anytime he's played regularly, he's been MVP. Comments in my previous post were more with those thoughts in mind.

Lamb Of God Guest

I say keep both and drop Ferrotte, but that's likely not happening.

vicsportsaddict Guest

Two more exhibition games to go....despite only a few weeks working with Linehan's offense & new cast of players, Ragone's performance last Saturday reflects a growing comfort level with the system & personnel.
    What I will say is this...either one of them are better than a vast majority of the third QB's in most camps & probably more than a few two's. Indy & Cleveland immediately come to mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12