50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saints

36 72.00%
  • Falcons

14 28.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lostsoul is offline Registered User

Who would you rather have us play?

Say we beat the Hags sunday and make the playoffs, if the Falcons win their game we play the Saints. But if the Saints win and Falcons lose we play Atlanta.

So who would you prefer to play?

ramfan56 is offline Registered User

Re: Who would you rather have us play?

Niether

Atl.

Holt Your Horses is offline Registered User

I voted Saints just because i felt like a victory was closer in that game that the Atl one. Watching the Atlanta game was tough because they just pushed us around. They werent flashy just executed very well. That is always a scary team to play. That being said the Saints would be a handful too, i was just thinking maybe Breesy tosses a couple picks and Wedgie Bush drops a punt or something.
    Defence Wins Championships

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Talk about a lose, lose situation. Can't we play Carolina instead? lol

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Either cause that means PLAYOFFS

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Tough to call, both teams are a nightmare for a team with as little talent as the Rams.
    I say as of right now I dont really care, Id just be happy to get to the playoffs.
    Back to the original question though- Id say we match up better with the Saints. Although I think the Saints are better than the Falcons. I just feel the Saints would give us a few more chance's to dig out a victory. Atlanta would methodiclly march down the field, playing safe, efficient football.
    If we beat Seattle this Sunday, and Mike Hoom................. has no ill effects from the injury, that will be a huge boost for our offense come next week against the Saints.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

doesn't really matter,both of those teams are very good but considering we would even get a chance to play them at HOME after 1-15 season, bring either one on.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I would rather play the Saints. It shows how much they need the big play. When they don't get it they have to scrum for anything they can get. We basically were toe to toe with them until that heartbreaker INT. On the other hand Atlanta plays perfect football. Great mix with run and pass, have A LOT of TOP, and basically use 15 plays each drive. Its pretty easy for me.

Bosna-Ram is offline Registered User

As long as we play at home we could beat aether one. We would have better chance to beat Saints on the road than Falcons. So, I would say Atlanta here, and Saints there.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I picked the Falcons. We don't really have the secondary to hold up against the Saints, and their D is really aggressive, another thing we aren't handling very well this year.

I feel like a Falcons team in the playoffs against us wouldn't be very creative, and someone we could hold up against.

locazn is offline Registered User

I would rather play the Saints. I felt we had a chance in that last battle..turnovers just killed us. We are basically in playoff mode now so we can't make ANY mistakes. If we play our best football and don't make mistakes and penalties , we can beat anybody! GOOO RAMMMSSS!!!!

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Honestly i would rather play the saints because i like our pass D more than our Rush D and the saints have a good passing offense but a not so good rush offense so it will be a good matchup. Plus we have oj atogwe who can change the game with a Brees pick

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Well here's the deal, these two teams are both very dangerous, but they play differently.

Saints:
    Drew Brees is a machine passer. He can throw anywhere, any time. He is elusive, and although kind of short, stands tall in the pocket and is extremely patient, quick, and intelligent.

Their offense is based on attacking deep with speed, and they also have size with Marques Colston who can make the clutch catch. They will make big plays that sparks momentum.

However, putting pressure on Brees consistently disrupts him, especially outside pressure where he has to step into the pocket more, where his short stature is a disadvantage. He has the most batted balls out of any QB.

If we can stop the big plays, the Saints aren't that hard to beat.

Their defense is aggressive. They have a good secondary, a solid linebacking corp, and their d-line terrorized the Falcon's o-line.

Falcons: They are essentially a better version of us. They rely on the run game to spark openings where they use their methodical timing passing game to finish off business. Ryan gets the ball out quickly to Roddy White, and recently Jenkins has been getting better.

They use a lot of no huddles, and dinks and dunks like us. However, they have better talent, so their dink and dunk becomes a rhythmic slow torture for any defense.

To stop this offense, we have to disrupt their timing. Jamming their receivers, giving Ryan lots of different looks and such is vital.

Like the Saints, their defense is very aggressive. They relentlessly pressure Brees, and their d-line, especially Abraham, was a monster. Their secondary is also pretty solid.

Now at these individual positions, here's who I feel we would play better against:

*QB: Saints (Brees isn't Matty Ice)
    *RB: Falcons (I feel that we stop power backs better than speedy backs)
    *WR: Saints (Roddy White > Marques Colston)
    *TE: Saints (Tony Gonzales can still be dangerous, especially with our OLBs)
    *O-Line: Falcons (Both O-lines are very solid, but the Falcons' might be a bit weaker than the Saints)
    *D-Line: Saints (Better match-up, Jackson ran all over them)
    *Linebackers: Saints (Jackson had a great game against them)
    *Secondary: Falcons (Bradford had a better game against them)

So, in conclusion it's really hard to say. But IMO, I would pick the Saints.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Saints so the secondary with Ron Bartell can better shut down that passing game seeing that we were one red zone INT TD return away from keeping it a one point game. We also have a chance to get DX and Hoomanawanui on the field to give our offense another dimension.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Premature thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast