0 0%
  • Dick Vermiel

7 25.00%
  • Someone else

12 42.86%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    GameTime Guest

Who would you want as the Coach

I am not a Martz hater. In fact, he could throw the ball every play this season and call all of his timeouts in the first minute of regulation and I would still support him.

But, If Martz was not the head coach, Who would you pick to lead the Rams?

GameTime Guest

Re: Who would you want as the Coach

I think Herm Edwards is an awesome coach who really connects with his players. I think it is important to have a guy who can coach up his team and motivate them to overachieve.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Ah yes, the famous "if not Martz, then who" question, an offseason favorite. I would want Bill Cowher. His style couldn't be more different than Martz, but his results speak for themselves....playoff appearances in 9 of his 13 seasons, playoff wins in 7 of his last 11 seasons, he gets the job done. There's just something about the Steeler's organization that I like, maybe it's the stability..2 HC's in the past 37 years, I like that.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I'd go with John Fox.

jkramsfan Guest

Dickie V Coached The Only Super Bowl Win,i Have To Go With Him,cowher Second I Love The Way He Gets Into The Game.

rawkhrdr Guest

somebody bad...that way you guys would be worse than my beloved Hawks...but if I were a Rams fan, I would pick Tony Dungy, then maybe your defense would get better. Or even Monte Kiffin. Your defense needs some word and it definitely would be nice to have a defensive minded HC.

viper is offline Registered User

I'd have to go with Dick Vermiel. He got us to the big dance and won, with a little help from his friends (coordinators). He's done some good things in KC and seems to have gotten past the mistakes of the Tony Banks era.

Don't shoot me here, but, Bill Belicheck might be a close second. His ability to do more with less is admirable.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I'd go with Al Saunders. I'd miss the high-flying offense too much with any of those other coaches. Maybe Norv Turner or June Jones as a close second.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I was just thinking Al Saunders before I scrolled down to see EDM had the same idea. Great minds think alike!

Not sure how the great June Jones' offense would translate into the NFL but that could be interesting. The high-flying offense they have down there in Hawaii is one reason why I thought Timmy Chang would be a good draft pick for the Rams.

I don't think Vermiel would be nearly as successful as he was without Mike Martz. I mean he wanted Jeff Hostetler instead of Kurt Warner.
    Last edited by ZigZagRam; -07-16-2005 at 07:06 PM.

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    I don't think Vermiel would be nearly as successful as he was without Mike Martz. I mean he wanted Jeff Hostetler instead of Kurt Warner.
    Kansas City has started looking pretty good since Vermiel got there. Especially their offense. They play it pretty wide open as do the Rams. Maybe DV learned something from Martz? Could happen.

psycho9985 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by viper3
    Kansas City has started looking pretty good since Vermiel got there. Especially their offense. They play it pretty wide open as do the Rams. Maybe DV learned something from Martz? Could happen.
    you can bet on that Viper3.I think if D.V. would have stayed we would have a couple of more rings.With Martz as Offensive coord.:smoke:

talkstoangels61 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    you can bet on that Viper3.I think if D.V. would have stayed we would have a couple of more rings.With Martz as Offensive coord.:smoke:

You can bet that psycho9985.....we would have been the dynasty we were! :angryram:

general counsel is offline Registered User

I dont believe that dick vermeil staying would have helped the defense in 2000, which was a debacle of biblical magnitude. Furthermore, the rebuild of the defense in 2001 had nothing to do with vermeil. Martz, with the front office, went out and got aeneas. remember, london fletcher left and was replaced by the human airconditioner which had nothing to do with martz, other than his support of lovie's choice after the front office decided not to pay for fletcher.. the 2001 team was better than the 99 team. If you want to blame martz for losing the superbowl, that is a separate question, but i dont see how you can argue we would have won again with vermeil when the defense fell apart after the 99 season.

As for other coaches, they all have their strengths and weaknesses. Vince Lombardi is no longer available. As for vermeil, has anyone seen the kc defense play lately? Did bringing back his old buddy gunther cunningham help last year on defense? Bellichick is not available. Jimmy Johnson anyone?

ramming speed to all

general counsel

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I picked someone else, and that someone else would be Lance Armstrong. NO ONE beats him.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Well tx, lance sure doesnt have any problems with clock management. However, can he take a hit or is he just a speed guy like skeets nehemiah?

Lance could be competitive on deep patterns, as long as he is on that bike, i dont think anyone could stay with him, especially if the nfl adopts the new rules pertaining to mountain climbing in the red zone.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast