Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Who are you hoping will make the biggest impact

This time of year I always get excited with all the new faces on the Rams squad, and there always seem to be one in the mix that I really get pumped for and I really hope makes a big impact. This year I am really liking this Ridgeway pick. The more I read on him and hear of him he remind me so much of Bruce. He should be an interesting one.

The media seems to have fell in love with Hedge****. I think I have seen more articles on him then most first rounders.

Who are you hoping to see make a huge impact?
    Last edited by RamWraith; -05-01-2005 at 10:49 AM.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Who are you hoping will make the biggest impact

Ronald Bartell is the one that is starting to call to me. Howard is close to where I live and I read an article about Bartell on draft day. I am getting a good feeling about him. He seems well grounded and talented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

all of those db's in particular carter because I like big hitters and he's from the south

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

:ramlogo: I'll be watching O.J. Atogwe.:ramlogo:
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

ramstiles is offline Registered User

Yeah I think O.J. Atogwe will be worth watching although I expect Barron to do a good job even if its unspectacular

general counsel Guest

Barron is going to change this team. Remember the difference in the offense when turley replaced st clair, and that was BEFORE bulger had two years of experience and a full off season of workouts and training camp for Pace.

Bulger will have time to throw, havoc will once again reign down the field, especially as curtis blossoms into the best #3 in the nfl.

We will score more, finish drives, get leads, and that more than anything else my friends, will take the pressure off the defense.

ramming speed to all

Return to Glory

general counsel

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I was thinking the same thing GC. If Barron pans out early this year, and Rex Tucker can stay healthy, we will arguably have the best offensive line in the NFL. Add that to the best receiving squad in the league, as well as arguably the best RB tandem in the league, this offense is going to be scary.

That said, the player that I hope makes the biggest impact is O.J. Atogwe. Weather Archuleta is healthy or not, I think this guy may be starting come September. He's mature, smart, and a playmaker. As long as he can adjust to the NFL level he'll be successful.

general counsel Guest

Double Z, we are basically in agreement. I think OJ can help in a big way. That being said, if both OJ and Barron play to their potential, i think barron will have a greater impact. You raise an outstanding point highlighting Tucker because he could be a big impact guy as well. Even if tucker cant play, i feel reasonably good with sapaia at guard (or tercero for that matter), at least to the point that i dont think its really a drop off from where we were last year. Barron will be such an upgrade from the revolving door at right tackle last year, including without limitation grant williams (aka the human whiff machine), he has to help in a material way. At least we all better hope so or it will be another trying season, trying that is, to keep bulger healthy.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

On offense:
    I think the guy who has potential to make the biggest impact is Alex Barron. If he can consistently beat his man without help, opposing defenses will have to gamble to pressure Bulger. At this point in his career Bulger should be able to exploit those matchups.

On defense:
    Chris Claiborne

Biggest overall improvementjwill be: Special teams!!

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

the only problem with the improvement of the special teams is how many of those guys that we signed to be special team deamons are going to make the roster

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

I agree with all of the above-mentioned players; however, I am thinking that the acquisition of Terry Fair could have a huge impact for the Rams. If he can stay healthy (much like Rex Tucker) his ability to return kicks and the speed and talent he could bring to the table as our nickel corner could be outstanding.

WHAT SAY YE?

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

If Terry Fair makes the team it will be because of his return skills. He won't see much time on the field other than that.

RealRam is offline Registered User

We have a number of very promising rookies and veteran additions this year.

For now, one body I'm hoping will be thrown effectively / successfully into the line of fire is our big FB, Madison Hedgeman. I kind of imagine him as a bigger version of our former 'Hammer', blasting and smacking open some holes for Jackson and Faulk to follow through.

This guy seems to be a Hummer vehicle. ...At 6-3, 270, and having played FB at North Carolina, I hope he makes the team, establishes himself as a force, and contributes big time to our bread'n butter, steak'n potatoes running game.

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

On offense...I gotta go with Barron.

On the defense...Bartell... or OJ.... OJ or Bartell....

.....OJ....it is!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm hoping for Incognito. It probably won't be this year, but by next year he could be displaying his potential. I don't have much patience with headcases, but I can't help but root for this kid. He's a bundle of fire that hasn't learned how or when to control it, but when he does he is going to be outstanding.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast