Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    39thebeast is offline Registered User

Who is your headcoach next year?

I think Devaney needs the chance to bring in his own guy to coach the team or a new GM to help Devaney brings in his own guy. If he has his own guy he will be completely in sync with the coach in a combined effort rebuilding. 2 great examples are Thomas Demitroff bringing in Mike Smith and Bill Parcells bringing in Tony Sporano. There are a bunch of guys who should be on our radar, but be realistic Bill Cowher isn't walking into town.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Who is your headcoach next year?

My guy is Rex Ryan he is tough defensive coach who has created a defenses that have almost single handdedly won games. I think the D-line men we have are better suited for the 3-4. Adeyanju and Carriker at Ends, Ryan and an additional big body at NT. Long could play OLB along with Little. We would need to add some beef to pair with Spoon, but thats fine.

In addition some of Ryans best defensive players are free agents and could give him additional pieces to install his system. Rey Lewis (probably gets locked up by Ravens), Terelle Suggs, Bart Scott, Dawan Landry(RFA), and Jason Brown. Suggs or Scott along with either Brown or Landry in addition to some of the guys we already have will give the Rookie coach a great base to build his defense.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Spagnola or the Titans D Coordinator (Schwartz?) should be in consideration...but we do not want to keep Haz if it means we keep Venturi, et al...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Bill Cowher isn't walking into town.
    I just heard in ESPN that he might replace Crennel in cleveland

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Ron Rivera was on the short list before, may be worth looking at again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Spagnola & Schwartz are high on my list. And in past threads Grimm's name came up a lot, I think he is also a great candidate. Whom ever we look at should come from a winning line of coaching, not a no one as Linehan was, A pedigree if you may.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE View Post
    Spagnola & Schwartz are high on my list. And in past threads Grimm's name came up a lot, I think he is also a great candidate. Whom ever we look at should come from a winning line of coaching, not a no one as Linehan was, A pedigree if you may.
    Agreed. Look at the Cards, they got a guy who was on a great Pittsburgh Steelers team.

Grimm would definitely be a consideration, but my personal favorite pick would be Spagnuola from the NYG. Schwartz would be great as well, I think we need someone who strives for discipline. Look at the Giants, they make next to no mistakes and is a big reason as to why they do so well game to game. They don't kill drives the way our team does. We need a disciplinary who knows football. And that should also be our main concern with the remodeling, so to speak, of the entire organization.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan View Post
    Spagnola or the Titans D Coordinator (Schwartz?) should be in consideration...but we do not want to keep Haz if it means we keep Venturi, et al...
    Schwartz that woundn't be a bad choice.
    :ramlogo:

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

This is what I will say. If Andy Reid is fired, and he is not given the job here (unless he chooses another team) I will absolutely lose it. Philly would be insane to fire him, and by doing so it would essentially bring Jim Johnson to St. Louis as well and he would help immensely with the defense. That would be killing two birds with one stone, IMO.

Keenum is offline Registered User

I would want it to be Haslett, because that meant we finished up the year pretty well and finally got things together.
    HOWEVER, if we continue to be horrible and Haslett is gone, I agree with most of the candidates mentioned. I like Spagnola especially.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    This is what I will say. If Andy Reid is fired, and he is not given the job here (unless he chooses another team) I will absolutely lose it. Philly would be insane to fire him, and by doing so it would essentially bring Jim Johnson to St. Louis as well and he would help immensely with the defense. That would be killing two birds with one stone, IMO.
    Why Andy Reid? What has he done. You think Martz threw the ball alot.... Johnson is a nice DC but no guarantees he will go with Andy...

The Rams can do much better than Andy Reid.....

Go Rams

itsguud is offline Registered User

I don't think we should leave Devaney there. He was brought in by Ziggy and I think we need a full clean house up front. Someone with no ties to the past drought of this team.

I'd like to see Schotenhiemer... he was amazing in SD minus not being able to win in the playoffs.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Devaney has done a good job based on what he has been given to work with... keep him... everyone else gets the boot. Haslett deserves a shot at turning this ship around but after the last couple of weeks where it looks like bulger has thrown games to cover spreads in vegas haslett will get nothing but a pink slip

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Why Andy Reid? What has he done. You think Martz threw the ball alot.... Johnson is a nice DC but no guarantees he will go with Andy...

The Rams can do much better than Andy Reid.....

Go Rams
    Uh, 4 NFC Championship appearances with 1 Superbowl appearance. He has created a great coaching staff, parlaying Brad Childress and John Harbaugh into head coaching jobs. Couple that with only two losing seasons in his 10 seasons in Philadelphia and you're saying he isn't qualified for the job? He's proven and better than what we'll get from any rookie coach.

To go even further, if Phil Savage is fired to make room for Cowher and we don't make an attempt to get him as our GM, likewise with Reid I will absolutely lose it.

Ski_Money is offline Registered User

Jimmy Johnson for GM, the rest is history

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast