RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Whoever we draft, don't start blasting the front office ...

The general consensus so far has been that this new front office has started steering us in the right direction ...

They have made some calculated moves to improve the roster, while drastically changing the attitude at Ram's park ...

So when this front office doesn't draft YOUR GUY tommorrow, refrain from blasting them - it gets old very quickly. It's not your job, and I assure you that they know more than you do ...

If you believe in this front office, and I for one do, understand that they have done DUE DILIGENCE in every pick they make. We have football men running the team now, and they understand the needs, understand who is available, understand what it takes to build a winner ...

I for one hope we draft Curry at #2. It we pick Curry, great ... if we pick an OT, great ... if we pick Marc Sanchez, great ...

I have confidence that any decision they make will be for the right reasons, as I am sure this team has been analyzed from head to toe with a fine toothed comb ...

Here's to a great draft tommorrow, the first draft with the NEW and IMPROVED front office! GO RAMS!

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: Whoever we draft, don't start blasting the front office ...

Very good observation, and I will definitely not be ripping the front office regardless of what happens tomorrow. As I've said on past threads, I have complete and total faith in Billy Devaney and company. I would prefer we took an offensive tackle, but again, I will be happy with whomever we get.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    The general consensus so far has been that this new front office has started steering us in the right direction ...

They have made some calculated moves to improve the roster, while drastically changing the attitude at Ram's park ...

So when this front office doesn't draft YOUR GUY tommorrow, refrain from blasting them - it gets old very quickly. It's not your job, and I assure you that they know more than you do ...

If you believe in this front office, and I for one do, understand that they have done DUE DILIGENCE in every pick they make. We have football men running the team now, and they understand the needs, understand who is available, understand what it takes to build a winner ...

I for one hope we draft Curry at #2. It we pick Curry, great ... if we pick an OT, great ... if we pick Marc Sanchez, great ...

I have confidence that any decision they make will be for the right reasons, as I am sure this team has been analyzed from head to toe with a fine toothed comb ...

Here's to a great draft tommorrow, the first draft with the NEW and IMPROVED front office! GO RAMS!
    Agreed good post. Sometimes fans unnecessarily complain about what more experienced football people do, when they obviously know more than us. If you are complaining about what John Shaw and Jay Zygmunt do fine, but I think it is obvious that Billy D and Spags are football who know what they are doing. Just look at the giants draft the year they won the superbowl. Picks 1-7 where all significant contributors thats one hell of a draft.

RealRam is offline Registered User

This 2009 draft should end up being a very safe one. That is, SAFE being the very least, absolute minimum benefit. I am not the worried at all.

But to go on record, Infinite, no, I will certainly not blast our front office.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

I think if we do draft Sanchez they'll use him for trade bait. It might be a good Idea,but i'd like to keep Sanchez,because I think it might be a long time before we draft or trade or find in F.A. a franchise Q.B.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

eric2810 is offline Registered User

That's good you brought this up Infiniti' because I was thinking the same thing. It's pointless to blast the front office because they didn't draft the player they wanted in Horns next year. The way I see it, let's say I like one player over that player, yet by the end of the day no matter who we draft we have to look at the pick positively and believe it's a win-win situation regardless. I've been waiting quite a while for this draft, now lets go get it over with! The suspense is killing me...

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Great post, I totally agree. We could draft some no name wideout in the first round and I would stand behind our FO. Sure I would be shocked and wonder how he somehow slipped under the radar, but I would stand behind the pick.

In Devaney I Trust.

(I would rep you, but I'm pretty sure I already did earlier today)