RamWraith is offline Registered User

A whole list of problems

Sorry folks....but this team has some major issues!!

1) play calling was bad. What is with the receiver screens on 3rd and 6.
    2) This team was not coached ready to play.
    3) Bulger has something going on. He was completely off in 95% of his passes.
    4) Our O line should have been a strength has now become a liability in less than a week.
    5) Jackson should shut his mouth and play ball or at least hang on to it.
    6) Hasslett had NO success in New Orleans...what makes us think he can do anything here?
    7) Did I talk about play calling?
    8) Run defense is no better...in fact we might have bigger issues than that.

WOW...I am embarrassed. That was pitiful and I am looking a lot like a goat instead of a Ram. Welcome back to the 80's....I see nothing positive from this game. Well...maybe special team.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Re: A whole list of problems

This team is AWFUL...gonna be a LOOOOONG season.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

That's obvious.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

The offense looked horrible. We looked like the Lions offense when, well when Greg Olsen was their Offensive coordinator.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Good thing the Rams went out and invested in that fine PASS CATCHING TE. I think Bulger looked at him ONCE today.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I am so disappointed, I thought this was going to be a different season. I'm really ashamed of how poorly the offense played and Jackson should be completely embarassed. Bulger ain't looking like 65 million bucks either.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

DieHard23 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Jackson should be completely embarassed.
    absolutely couldnt agree more. i was embarrassed for him. how dare you announce a goal of 2500 all-purpose yards in a season and then lay the ball on the ground twice in the season opener. i guess that's what happens when you try to do too much instead of just lowering your shoulder and getting the yards that are there.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

1) I agree. Play-calling was not very creative. The Panthers always seemed to be on top of whatever we did.

3) That's as bad as I've seen Bulger play in a long time. A lot of throws going way over receivers' heads, behind them, and just off. He didn't get much time in the pocket, but that just goes back to the play calling because there are ways to counter heavy pressure. The Rams could take notes from the things the Panthers were doing in the first half to counter pressure.

6) Haslett did lead New Orleans to their first playoff victory in team history. He wasn't consistently good, but that's why he's the coordinator and not the head coach now.

8) Run defense wasn't good. Didn't contain on the outside well at all, but they got some good gains up the middle, too. The whole team needs to play the run better.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Panthers fans who have posted 3 posts had better be smart and stay out of our house. They have no business being here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I agree with Wraith, and I'm glad someone else is noticing the playcalling - it's just not working. Those stay routes that the Panthers usually use to great effect with Steve Smith - why the hell did we try them with Bruce/Holt a couple of times today for 0-2 yards? You need a shifty guy like Smith to pull that off, it's not a play that takes advantage or Bruce/Holt and their strengths. And all the checkdown passes, don't even get me started, when they know we never throw downfield those are extremely easy to cover (and at the same time when the secondary can stay up close to the line it makes running that much tougher for us too). Take some chances on offense! What a soul-sucking display today, a game like that just leaves you drained, ever since the first series we didn't move the ball at all and I'm putting a LARGE part of the blame on the coaching and playcalling today.
    Last edited by RamWraith; -09-09-2007 at 04:59 PM.