Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    majorram is offline Registered User

Re: Who'll Return Kicks?

I would love for hagans to show what he has but I think the Rams staff will go for Big Mac on KR and PR, please run forward Shaun!! they may try out Curtis...

steve:l

"The breakfast Club"

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by majorram View Post
    I would love for hagans to show what he has but I think the Rams staff will go for Big Mac on KR and PR, please run forward Shaun!! they may try out Curtis...
    Here are some quotes from Linehan that give a good indication of where we are. I get the impression they want to ease Hagans along on kickoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Linehan
    (On WR Shaun McDonald as a punt returner)

“Well he’s a fast guy, but he’s quick. I think he’s both. He’s got the ability to turn a return into a first down because he’s got the ability to make the first guy miss. His devotion to it this whole off-season. It’s something that he wants to do, his whole approach has been that this is a way that he feels he can really help this team, and that helps me as well. He’s had a few returns here, and he hasn’t done anything to make me think he’s not going to be very good at it. I feel very comfortable with him there, I think we’ve still got to get those other guys a little bit of work there and we’ve got to come up with a kick returner.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Linehan
    (On making a decision on a primary kick returner)

“We’re going to utilize Kevin at times. We’re also going to look at some options…we haven’t decided what we’re going to do with where we’re at with Marques and some of the other options of guys who have returned here before.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

There is also the chance that the Rams still have their shopping cart out and may sign a player recently cut. Dewaine Carpenter conceivably could be released to make room for another wr/kr/pr guy. Also there is the chance that Fred Russell will clear waivers and be placed on the practice squad giving him the opportunity to learn and improve his kr/pr skills.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12