Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Who's in, who's out (Pete Prisco)

What might've been had the Rams won on Feb 3, 2002

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10240023/1

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Who's in, who's out (Pete Prisco)

Jones and Odgen are Canton-bound, but Pace is "on the bubble"? Thanks for auditioning, Mr. Prisco, but.........NEXT!

However, I am glad to finally see someone recognize Bruce as a HOF'er. Though the idea of Bruce in the same hall as Michael Irvin cheapens it for me.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Pace is in. Jones is in. Ogden is in. Give me a break, Petey. If you have such a short memory that you can't remember that Pace (before getting hurt last year) made the Pro Bowl every year and anchored the O line of one of the top 5 offenses ever to play the game, maybe you should get a new job.\

The whole "not as good as Ogden" and "not as good as Jones" is BS.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -06-29-2007 at 10:00 AM.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

its funny how everyone sings the praises of Walter Jones, but last year he was one of the worst starting LTs for giving up sacks

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'd agree with most of his choices. If Holt needs more work, he doesn't need much more. A couple more seasons should solidify his Hall status. I think McNair is at least on the bubble. His team came one play short of winning a Super Bowl, and he helped keep the Titans competitive for years until they had to sell off half the roster in a cap purge. He was one of the better mobile QBs in the league early in his career but got a lot more accurate as he matured. And he was the difference-maker that turned the Ravens from just a strong defensive team to a legitimate playoff contender last year.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    However, I am glad to finally see someone recognize Bruce as a HOF'er. Though the idea of Bruce in the same hall as Michael Irvin cheapens it for me.
    I'm more than a little confused and insulted by the above statement. Statically Bruce is well with in the top ten best receivers of all time. And how would it "cheapen" the hall of fame in anyway?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

He meant that Irvin tainted the HOF by being inducted.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mikhal5569 View Post
    I'm more than a little confused and insulted by the above statement. Statically Bruce is well with in the top ten best receivers of all time. And how would it "cheapen" the hall of fame in anyway?
    Not that I speak for HUbison, but I believe he was making a reference to the fact that the recent enshrinement of a clown like Irvin has a tendency to "cheapen" the rest of the members (both present and future) of the Hall of Fame. This in no way was a shot or disparaging remark at Isaac who is the epitome of the kind of person the NFL should be looking to enshrine.

WHAT SAY YE?

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

I think hubison means that the Hall is cheapened because of Michael Irvin. Prisco definitely put out an interesting list. It was good to finally see Bruce get his dew but not too sure about his comments on Pace. But hey, he is just a writer and this is his opinion.
    Sprtsmac :football:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by mikhal5569 View Post
    YEA, THAT'S RIGHT. BRUCE SUCKS !!!

I'm kidding. As my esteemed colleagues have already pointed out, it's the induction of Irvin, not Bruce, that has tarnished the once great luster of the Hall for me. In fact, mentioning the name Irvin in the same sentence as Bruce is an insult to Bruce. Which I've done twice now in this reply. Sorry Bruce.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

He calls Walter Jones the best lineman of the entire NFL for the past 7 seasons straight. Give me a ****ing break, that's bull****! Both Pace & Ogden in their primes were better (and they both have the rings to show for it) than Jones, and Roaf was better too. I've been calling Walter Jones one of the most overrated players for a while and this doesn't do anything to change that. Yes he was a Pro Bowl tackle, yes he was pretty good, but that was when he had Hutchinson (probably the best guard in the NFL for a few years IMO) by his side, he's much worse than his reputation would have you believe today. Hutchinson was the best player on the Seahawks line, Jones just got more recognition because he played tackle. I've even heard people call Walter Jones the best player in the NFL at *any* position - better than Tomlinson and Manning, bleh.

Jones isn't dominant, the Seahawks offense shouldn't scare anyone this year.

He's right about Isaac Bruce though, and Torry Holt can't be far behind either, both are sure things for the Hall of Fame when they retire, together with Faulk & Pace we'll have 4 guys on offense end up in the Hall from the GSOT days, not bad.
    Last edited by RamOfDenmark; -06-29-2007 at 03:51 PM.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

In/out HOF

Three Rams mentioned, and former Ram Kurt Warner
    by Pete Prisco
    sportsline.com/

Isaac Bruce, WR, St. Louis Rams
    Decision: Welcome to Canton.
    Bruce is seventh in catches with 887 and could get to fifth with a good season in 2007. He's seventh in receiving yards with 13,376 yards, and with 524 yards this season, he would move him into fourth place on that list. That's impressive.

Torry Holt, WR, St. Louis Rams
    Decision: Needs more work.
    He's still relatively young and playing at a high level, so he has time to get the work done. But for whatever reason, he doesn't get the due he deserves and that may hurt down the road.

Orlando Pace, T, St. Louis Rams
    Decision: On the bubble.
    He wasn't as good as Ogden and he's not as good as Jones. But he's been a heck of a player for a long time.

Kurt Warner, QB, Arizona Cardinals
    Decision: No way.
    Despite being a two-time MVP, Warner's success was too short. But he should go into the Good-guy Hall of Fame.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

Re: In/out HOF

i don't agree with him. holt if he retired today would get in. 6 straight 1300+ yard seasons, nfl record. Big O, come on one bad year.. i doubt it. he will get in. Kurt, i want to say yes. but he was not good for a long enough time.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

oops, sorry to jump the gun on that one fellas. For some reason I never even thought to think about Irving's past before I posted.:\ Anybody here a Barry Bonds fan?

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Re: In/out HOF

You think we could throw marshall Faulk into the mix? Isay he gets in after the minimum time to wait for nomination.

Bruce should get there. Barring something catostrophic, Holt should get in. I don't see Pace getting in based on his current record.

Warner is no way unless he leads the cards to a Super Bowl win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast