Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Whose fault is it?

So which of the choices above should be blamed for our horrible season. My personal vote is for injuries. The amount of injuries that we have had make the Giants look like healthy team. It's almost impossible to impliment a game plan and win the game when you are worried about losing another guy. Bulger is too concerned about getting hit again, so he isn't focusing correctly on the field. With the offense off the field so much the defense never catches a break.

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

Re: Whose fault is it?

yeah injuries and/or greg olsen

can't wait for '08

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I don't want to close the book on '07, nor will i want to if we go 0-15. You live and die by your team. Preparing for next season is merely a give-up ploy.

Spiderwolf is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Defense View Post
    So which of the choices above should be blamed for our horrible season. My personal vote is for injuries. The amount of injuries that we have had make the Giants look like healthy team. It's almost impossible to impliment a game plan and win the game when you are worried about losing another guy. Bulger is too concerned about getting hit again, so he isn't focusing correctly on the field. With the offense off the field so much the defense never catches a break.
    Injuries are certainly a part of it, but Bulger and Stephen Jackson are both over rated. This season is over, and at this point, I hope we wind up hgetting the #1 pick, and I pray for a quarterback. Bulger looks absolutely horrible. Let Ferrot start for awhile.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderwolf View Post
    Injuries are certainly a part of it, but Bulger and Stephen Jackson are both over rated. This season is over, and at this point, I hope we wind up hgetting the #1 pick, and I pray for a quarterback. Bulger looks absolutely horrible. Let Ferrot start for awhile.
    You do realize Bulger's hurt, right? That's probably related to why he looks horrible.

snackdaddy is offline Registered User

No doubt injuries are a big reason for the problems. But how many times has a coach kept his team from sliding into an abysmal losing streak and kept the team afloat until the injured players returned? I gotta think if they're this bad now, that they weren't near as good as most of us thought when they were healthy. I think most of the blame goes to the coach. He still looks like a rookie HC thats in over his head. He took what was once a quality NFL offense, dismantled it and put together probably the worst offense in the NFC.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by snackdaddy View Post
    He took what was once a quality NFL offense, dismantled it and put together probably the worst offense in the NFC.
    You make it sound like Scott Linehan is out on the field causing all the injuries.

The offense all starts at the offensive line, which (I don't need to tell you) has been completely decimated by injuries.

But on the flip side, was the OL physically unprepared for the season? Who could answer that with 100% assurance? Maybe.

blood85 is offline Registered User

As I mentioned earlier, in another post, Bulger should NOT be in there, let the guy recover. It's not like we are doing anything offensively anyways.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Injuries don't put a player with broken ribs on the field, coaches do. The blame is theirs to shoulder and so will be the consequences.