Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Re: Why did our DTs fail so badly?

The Rams are not a Defensive franchise. They haven't been for a very long time. What puts butts in seats????Touchdowns, big plays, 1000yd receivers and 1500yd rushers. I think that they are moving in the right direction, but were talking about second class citizens on the defense. You can't just flip a switch and expect all of the sudden that the SAME Rams are going to become tackling animals with a new coach or system. It takes time, dedication, personnel and practice. Although, there has been many inprovements on the defense they (defensive players) are still a few years away from becoming a force. This does not mean that they can't be contenders or even win the Super Bowl. For that all they need is to be adequate, just ask the Colts.

z.nrd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by badmoforamfan View Post
    The Rams are not a Defensive franchise. They haven't been for a very long time. What puts butts in seats????Touchdowns, big plays, 1000yd receivers and 1500yd rushers. I think that they are moving in the right direction, but were talking about second class citizens on the defense. You can't just flip a switch and expect all of the sudden that the SAME Rams are going to become tackling animals with a new coach or system. It takes time, dedication, personnel and practice. Although, there has been many inprovements on the defense they (defensive players) are still a few years away from becoming a force. This does not mean that they can't be contenders or even win the Super Bowl. For that all they need is to be adequate, just ask the Colts.

I was with you up to the Colts example.

For whatever reason...and it's probably several (including Sanders)...the Colts were a different defense in the playoffs.

In fact they ranked 2nd on run defense compared to all other playoff teams.

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by z.nrd View Post
    I was with you up to the Colts example.

For whatever reason...and it's probably several (including Sanders)...the Colts were a different defense in the playoffs.

In fact they ranked 2nd on run defense compared to all other playoff teams.
    I will admit that they did gell in the playoffs, but were they more than adequate?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12