Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Why did we Draft Tavon Austin?

Stone Cold Tavon Austin is offline Registered User

Re: Why did we Draft Tavon Austin?

Quote Originally Posted by vanillasue View Post
    I could have scored the TDs on the passes he caught he was so wide open
    I remember throwing to guys like you in college and HS who thought they were all that or that they could do exactly what our star WRs did etc. but yet against the same squad they did nothing.....Give the kid credit he played well today and I am willing to bet all I own you could not of even gotten open vs the Colts D let alone scored etc. The Colts defenders are still NFL CBs and never forget that.....Fans like u piss off the guys like me who were good enough to play and start in college but just not the best (aka making the big leagues)
    MauiRam, THOLTFAN81 and Trevor like this.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

I could have scored the TDs on the passes he caught he was so wide open.
    Nick, LA Rammer, BIG-BLUE and 5 others like this.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

shower beers is online now Registered User

I could have scored the TDs on the passes he caught he was so wide open. That is how pathetic that Colt defense was. If it was so easy for Austin to get open like that how come he can't doo that every week ? He earned his pay check today. I want to see more.
    Somehow I just knew the conversation would be people defending their opinion that Austin is a bust, 9 weeks into his rookie year and after a 300+ all purpose yard, 3 touchdown performance.

Someone claiming they could do what he does is a first I think though, even for this board. Maybe we shouldn't be feeding the troll.
    Nick and hawaiianpunch like this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Nick, THOLTFAN81 and Torry Holt like this.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Austins numbers are quite well for a rookie. For people to be saying he's a bust is just silly, period.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Statements like this just crack me up. Nobody in the NFL is "allowed" to do anything by the opposition. As if the Colts D was planning...."let's see here, we've got Givens, Stacy and Cook all accounted for. Is there anything we're forgetting?" "Yea, coach, what about Austin?" "Oh never mind him, we're going to allow him to run wild. Shouldn't be a problem. You guys want to go down to Waffle House? Get a bite?"

The kid had a great day. Period.
    Let's hope the rest of the opposing Ds allow TA more of today's plays and be nice to the rookie.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

NFL is fast, even though travon fast he still needs time to adjust. We may not see anymore of these burst or maybe we will for the rest of season. if he can stay healthy i cant wait to see him go once sam back and we get a couple more pieces. i hope GSOT II is in the making!
    viper likes this.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

You know what, this is potential shown. Not only did Tavon Austin handily win this game for us, he set a record in the process. He showed us today what he can do. As i remember Chris longs first season. he wasn't really doing much either. Chris only had 4 sacks in his first season. Tavon just set a record in his rookie season, I think that has to merit something against the Colts in Indianapolis who also beat the Broncos. We slapped them around and made them look silly today, and it was on 3 phases of the ball. 2 phases were dominated by Tavon Austin. I like this so much, and i've been saying so much negative things, im just glad that i am a Rams fan talking about how much our first round draft pick blew away the Colts. I think we should be getting excited about it rather than questioning it at this point in time. A rookie season.
    Last edited by hawaiianpunch; -11-11-2013 at 03:59 AM.
    MauiRam, viper and LA Rammer like this.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

On the long TD pass - the Rams have tried a similar play with Austin previously. This is the first time it's hooked up. When fans say things like "well finally they are using him", nope. They've been doing that already but you didn't pay attention because it wasn't on the highlight reel.

Second, the slant that went for so many yards, I think all of us had something along those in lines as Austin's special feature. Turn a 7 yard slant into a 40 yard play. Nice to see them get him the ball while moving in some space. Very nice.

On that punt return, that was a little scary but he's shown an ability to return punts. That was a play where fans could have just as easily been cursing his name as quickly as they were cheering his name. I wonder if he had discussed his ability to take a chance on a ball like that with the coaching staff.

shower beers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    On the long TD pass - the Rams have tried a similar play with Austin previously. This is the first time it's hooked up. When fans say things like "well finally they are using him", nope. They've been doing that already but you didn't pay attention because it wasn't on the highlight reel.

It's already worked, our lineman just didn't trip anybody this time.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    It's already worked, our lineman just didn't trip anybody this time.
    This.

How many yards has Tavon lost because of stupid penalties, let alone TDs? Austin clearly has the skill set and talent to be very successful in this league and we saw a glimpse of it yesterday. Hopefully his 3 TD game can start a trend of consistent play week to week. What I want to see more of are those crossing patterns, the quick slant over the middle, where Austin takes dudes to school, it's a thing of beauty. He's able to beat everyone, he just needs some space and plays that are designed to block a certain way and create creases in the middle of the field. Let our playmakers--which I'm finally confident to say we have--make plays. Still can't stop smiling. TAVON BABY!!
    RealRam and hawaiianpunch like this.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

punahou is offline Registered User

Good game yesterday. This is how the season was supposed to be-- with the Defense setting the tone, and the offense playing off of that.

I will admit that Austin had a great game, and I am relieved that he's figured out he can do something in the NFL. Heres to hoping he doesnt become the Dexie Midnight Runners

Too Rye ah all

Peace out

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Gary, is that you?

Last edited by THOLTFAN81; -11-11-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Mikey is offline Registered User

Hopefully Shotty continues to use him like he did this week. I know there was one other game he was targeted for a long pass that was called back but this was truly the first time he was moved around in formation. The biggest thing Tavon needs to do is fix the drops. I believe he leads the NFL in them. Lets hope he corrects that going forward. I'm curious did he get the game ball? Or did the rest of the team for finally not shooting Tavon in the foot on his big plays.
    hawaiianpunch likes this.

vanillasue is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    On the long TD pass - the Rams have tried a similar play with Austin previously. This is the first time it's hooked up. .
    Exactly my earlier point - He finally got open. Now let's see if he can continue to do it.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast