Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Haterade is offline Registered User

Re: Why do they think they have the #1 offense?

In post #1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy G. Biv
    Why does every other thread from a seahawk fan say they are the #1 offense? I've seen a couple of regular posters on here explain how the seahawks are indeed not the #1 offense, but the #5 offense.

I'm begging for someone to tell me how this works. How can the seahawks with a straight face say they have the #1 offense?
    I believe we gave the same answer, which wasn't sufficient enough...

So.... in post #8
    Because nothing except points matters.
    We finally reply with points per game...

If you wanted to dispute that yards per game was a non-factor, why did you address your first post to ask such a question?

To have it answer by two different seahawk fans, only to insult them for responding to you finally post that "Because nothing except points matters. "

And when we respond to that one too, you imply that we were somehow lying or avoiding the question when you didn't even ask the question you wanted an answer to until post #8.

yesiamahawkfan is offline Registered User

who really cares...we have a great offense, you have a crappy defense(the same could be said MAYBE the other way around meaning you guys have a grea O, but I think we have a average D)

Im sick of you whinning, who cares if were 1 or 5

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

use those stats to determine the standings.
    Actually, wins and losses determine the standings. And how are wins and losses determined? By points.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

If you wanted to dispute that yards per game was a non-factor, why did you address your first post to ask such a question?
    The original question was more rhetorical than anything. Everybody knows when you guys say you're the #1 offense, you're talking about yards per game. My question was trying to be semi-polite instead of just saying "you don't have the #1 offense". That would have been more to the point, but I was trying to give you guys a way out.
    who really cares...we have a great offense, you have a crappy defense
    You'll get no argument from me. Your #5 offense is going against our #31 defense. You guys may hang 50 on us. I certainly hope not, but with our D, who ever knows? I'm not fooling myself, you guys have a great team, this is the best product you've put on the field in quite a long time, maybe ever. We will have to play a near perfect game to win it. But after last year's trip to Seattle, I'm not giving up the ghost just yet.
    who cares if were 1 or 5
    Well, nobody really. I just got this thing about facts. If somebody is going to say something as a fact, I would like it be an accurate fact. For example, if you people said "I think we have the top offense in the league". Well that's an opinion, and everyone is entitled. Or if you said, we have the #5 offense. That's an accurate fact. I could live with that, too. But when you guys say "we are the #1 offense". That's inaccurate.

Go ahead, call me anal, but I just like to see accurate facts when a fact is given.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

Haterade is offline Registered User

The original question was more rhetorical than anything. Everybody knows when you guys say you're the #1 offense, you're talking about yards per game. My question was trying to be semi-polite instead of just saying "you don't have the #1 offense". That would have been more to the point, but I was trying to give you guys a way out.

I just got this thing about facts. If somebody is going to say something as a fact, I would like it be an accurate fact.

Go ahead, call me anal, but I just like to see accurate facts when a fact is given.
    Sounds like you need the out more than we do.

You ask a question, but claim it's rhetorical because you wanted to be polite and basically argue it right away.

It seems you want to dispute the term #1 offense. If you ask any NFL analyst, they'll most likely come to a consensus that yards per game are the indicators of a #1 offense. Whether it's right or wrong, it's common place.

We have provided facts and all you have provided is your opinion that points are more important.

Everything is accurate except your opinion that your way is the only way to judge an offense.

Seehawkrun is offline Registered User

Why don't we just combine the two? Seattle is #1 in the NFL when it comes to yards and #5 when it comes to scoring points. IS there any other team that has better stats in both categories?

theodus69 is offline Registered User

It might also help that the Seahawks are in the worst division in football, Yes it is true, our division sucks and I think the hawks schedule is weak all around so hawk fans keep your pants on. It's not worth the indecent exposure ticket yet!:tongue:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    It might also help that the Seahawks are in the worst division in football, Yes it is true, our division sucks and I think the hawks schedule is weak all around so hawk fans keep your pants on. It's not worth the indecent exposure ticket yet!:tongue:
    Weak or not. The Seahawks have the best offense in the NFL right now. Stats don't lie. The schedule may be easy but they still have to get it done. We could have the best Offense if Bulger, Bruce and Holt hadn't been injured.
    RamsFan16

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

IS there any other team that has better stats in both categories?
    That's a fair question. It got me to wondering how these rankings may match with success. Quick, down and dirty analysis based on statistical leaders:

Points leaders
    2004 - Colts - 12-4
    2003 - Chiefs - 13-3
    2002 - Chiefs - 8-8
    2001 - Rams - 14-2
    2000 - Rams - 10-6
    1999 - Rams - 13-3

Yardage leaders
    2004 - Chiefs - 7-9
    2003 - Vikings - 9-7
    2002 - Raiders - 11-5
    2001 - Rams - 14-2
    2000 - Rams - 10-6
    1999 - Rams - 13-3

Man, I miss GSOT.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    That's a fair question. It got me to wondering how these rankings may match with success. Quick, down and dirty analysis based on statistical leaders:

Points leaders
    2004 - Colts - 12-4
    2003 - Chiefs - 13-3
    2002 - Chiefs - 8-8
    2001 - Rams - 14-2
    2000 - Rams - 10-6
    1999 - Rams - 13-3

Yardage leaders
    2004 - Chiefs - 7-9
    2003 - Vikings - 9-7
    2002 - Raiders - 11-5
    2001 - Rams - 14-2
    2000 - Rams - 10-6
    1999 - Rams - 13-3

Man, I miss GSOT.
    That is some Nice research. Very nice research Hub
    RamsFan16

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Seehawkrun
    Why don't we just combine the two? Seattle is #1 in the NFL when it comes to yards and #5 when it comes to scoring points. IS there any other team that has better stats in both categories?
    Sorry, I guess I didn't actually answer that question. Kinda lost myself in my own little tangent. Let's see here....comparable offenses. Well, there is us, of course (2nd in yards, 6th in scoring), the Colts (4th in yards, 2nd in scoring), Denver (3rd in yards, 7th in scoring), the Chiefs (7th in yards, 8th in scoring), and the Chargers (10th in yards, 3rd in scoring).

I don't think any other teams are top 10 for BOTH categories. I think an argument could certainly be made the Seahawks have the hottest O in the league right now.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Largent80 is offline Registered User

Stats only show so much. Really, the Hawk O-Line has really come together. The right side has solidified, and the left side speaks for itself.

I think that, and also, Mack Strong (fullback) and Jeremy Stevens (T.E.) are having good years as well. So, those are the blocking reasons why the O is doing good. Hasselbeck has it together in this offense now too, and throw in Alexander and WR's that actually catch the ball and you have a pretty good offense.
    NFC West Champions Again in 2005

Large_Ant is offline Registered User

Because nothing except points matters.

It's the same with us. Don't tell me how many yards we're going to gain, tell me how many points we put up. That is the ONLY stat that matters.
    Actually, that's not true at all. You can put up points all day but it's all for not if the other team puts up more. the ONLY stat that matters is wins and losses. And last time I checked, we've got more of those than the Rams. And as far as that "easier schedule" noise, we each play a weak opponent in the NFC North (Packer/Vikings) and from the NFC South, you guys got the Saints while we got the Falcons. I'd say you got the better end of that deal. The rest of the schedule is the exact same so...

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Large_Ant
    Actually, that's not true at all. You can put up points all day but it's all for not if the other team puts up more. the ONLY stat that matters is wins and losses. And last time I checked, we've got more of those than the Rams. And as far as that "easier schedule" noise, we each play a weak opponent in the NFC North (Packer/Vikings) and from the NFC South, you guys got the Saints while we got the Falcons. I'd say you got the better end of that deal. The rest of the schedule is the exact same so...
    I'd say you got a better deal playing Indy in Week 16 when Indy won't need to win the game since they should have homefield locked up.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Seehawkrun is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    I'd say you got a better deal playing Indy in Week 16 when Indy won't need to win the game since they should have homefield locked up.
    The Rams have one victory over teams with at least a .500 record (Jax) and a couple of extremely close calls against poor teams (Cardinals, Saints) plus a loss to one of the worst teams in football (SF.)

Seahawks have beat Dallas, Atlanta and the Rams in ST Louis and were a missed field goal away from a win on the road against Washington. We haven't even played San Fran yet this season. I'd call the Hawks' schedule tougher as of right now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast