Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Why Does This Organization Have Low Expectations Year after Year?

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Re: Why Does This Organization Have Low Expectations Year after Year?

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Expectations? Or hopes?
    I have no idea what others were thinking when they predicted the playoffs.
    I expected 9 wins minimum this season and until the injury they were on their path to that.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    A lot of people had playoff expectations for the Rams in 2013.
    A lot of people play the lottery too. There is nothing wrong with hoping we are good enough to gain a playoff berth. Conversely, "expecting" is an entirely different path altogether. I know I liked our chances to show improvement this year, and still do. Our defense still has to suit up and play every game, there's plenty of room for improvement there. Our O-line surely needs to improve along with our group of young receivers. I see no reason that we cannot progress in these areas.

Playoffs? Even with Sam healthy, we play in a division (this kills me to admit it) that arguably contains two of the best teams in the league. Right now Fish and crew and the entire team have been given a huge pitcher, and a bushel of lemons. Each and every one of the aforementioned must contribute - period. One of the best lessons our youth filled roster could learn given the circumstances is - it is never over unless you give up. This should be an interesting year. Our group of highly paid men have an opportunity to display real character both individually and collectively. Capitalizing on it will pay dividends throughout their careers. Will they ...?? Is there a player on our roster who will step it up several notches and become a leader? I suppose we are going to find out ...
    PARamfan and NJ Ramsfan1 like this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 1980RAMS View Post
    Every year for the last 10 years have been so horrible.

This team doesn't have any motivation to improve.

Our Franchise quarterback goes down and are biggest move is getting Brady Quinn.REALLY??>>

Is that what a team who cares about winning does? Fisher comes out 7 games in and says TRADES ARE NOT A OPTION.

IF we really cared wouldn't everything be on the table for improvement. This season is over and the management and ownership has given up on this team already. Stan is the richest owner in the NFL. He has the capacity to save this season. But no. He is willing to throw it all away. Must be tanking for the move to LA. It is the only reasonable reason.
    Every year for the last 10 years have been so horrible.

The team was really bad over the last 8 years. But since we have changed owners and coach, they have played better. They have added a ton of YOUNG talent building for the future.

This team doesn't have any motivation to improve.

If Stan is not motivated to win why, spend so much on a vet head coach? Why spend all but 250K in cap? Why spend thousand on UDFA trying to get any advantage we can get? Why trade for 1st round draft picks that cost more to draft?

I don't see the Old LA Clippers here...

IF we really cared wouldn't everything be on the table for improvement? You have to be honest with yourself, do you really think we are close to winning the division this year? The answer is no, so why give up any draft picks. Think long term not short term.

But no. He is willing to throw it all away. You do understand the NFL has a Cap right?

Must be tanking for the move to LA. It is the only reasonable reason. How does losing have anything to do with a move to LA?

RebelYell is offline Registered User

The Rams have 2 first round picks in the next draft. I wonder, is it safe to expect them to take players with those picks or maybe trade the picks? Or should we hope they don't just pass on the picks?

RAM29JACKSON is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    And the Cards, who have shown themselves to be a pretty decent team this year even with lackluster QB play from Palmer

IE the other team in the division fighting for 3rd place with the Rams.

the Rams aren't bottom feeders but they aint floating towards the top either LOL

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RAM29JACKSON View Post

the Rams aren't bottom feeders but they aint floating towards the top either LOL
    I find it very odd when purported Rams fans post negative sentiments with "smilies" or "LOLs." What does that mean? Are you happy when the Rams don't succeed? Do you find it funny to highlight negative aspects of the team?

I don't get it.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

What were you expecting from our team after 9 straight losing seasons? For us to become a 12 win team in the best division in football? I am A DIE HARD RAMS HOMER I repeat DIE HARD FAN but one has to take off the fanatic googles to assess the Rams team has improved over the last two years. We are still the youngest team in the league and still have a draft from the RGIII trade to hit on a few draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I find it very odd when purported Rams fans post negative sentiments with "smilies" or "LOLs." What does that mean? Are you happy when the Rams don't succeed? Do you find it funny to highlight negative aspects of the team?

I don't get it.
    that forever is the problem with text on a screen as converstation.
    People tend to read posts like etched in stone angry statements.
    I made a light hearted joke about the Rams not being that good,thats all.
    Like,..if we wwre actually talking to each other..you would hear that comment in normal conversational tone through a smile. Just kidding with friends/pseudo friends..thats all it is.

Look...I'm a man in my 40s. I realize teams go through stages and there could be 20 year gaps before a team is good again. I also realize sports is entertainment and I don't rap my self esteem in whether a favorite team wins or loses. I'm a sports fan in general and appreciate all teams and all players..but I will always gravitate towards the Rams and packers because of childhood influence and living in Southern California even though the Rams left.

when I put smileys n LOL, it means I'm having fun n kidding around. It doesn't mean I'm mocking anything...ok, I'm mocking it but not in a negative hateful fashion LOL
    PARamfan and DE_Ramfan like this.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I have no idea what is happening in this thread

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I made a light hearted joke about the Rams not being that good,thats all.
    Okay...

That seems like a weird thing for a Rams fan to do.

And, what you're calling a "joke" came accross more as a taunt (perhaps contrary to your intention).
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -10-23-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    What were you expecting from our team after 9 straight losing seasons? For us to become a 12 win team in the best division in football? I am A DIE HARD RAMS HOMER I repeat DIE HARD FAN but one has to take off the fanatic googles to assess the Rams team has improved over the last two years. We are still the youngest team in the league and still have a draft from the RGIII trade to hit on a few draft picks.
    nope, no one expected 12 wins. Just not this horrible nose dive after competing last year with Seattle and SF

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Okay...

That seems like a weird thing for a Rams fan to do.

And, what you're calling a "joke" came accross more as a taunt (perhaps contrary to your intention).
    read the entire post please. I pretty much explained it. I 'm a Rams fan, not a Rams card carrying gang member LOL

anyway ....the Rams are in sad shape and its time for each individual player to just play as good as they can to save their job there or still find another team if they get released because the GM and the coaches need to start finding the better free agents. Fisher caught magic once because of McNair but I doubt he knows how to create a winning formula.

Vermeil either somehow adjusted or the fact is most of his same formulas actually worked in the 70s and late 90s because he knew how to win...+ God and Warner helped out LOL and they had 2 quality QBs at the time....the Rams organization as whole, both front office and coaches/players need to try fricken harder.

They are just as much to blame for the fights this past week and are mentally weak as well.

the Rams had a decent 70s and 80s and a nice late 90s/early 2000s.

its time to change things again and they better find that process this off season

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

WWIII will start over an email where Obama forgot to put a smiley and a lol.
    RAM29JACKSON likes this.

thoey is offline Registered User

Why *Do Rams Fans* Have Low Expectations Year after Year?

FTFY... I am sure the "organization" has high expectations and goals every season...

(Why don't we have strikethrough ability?)
    This space for rent...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12