Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: why is everyone freaking out?

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

why is everyone freaking out?

LOL.. I always say the rams will go superbowl every season... but I do so as a fan... I don't expect us to do great out of the gate this season... neither does anyone else.. There is this guy named steven jackson who is injured...and that Danny WR.. ya .........know the all purpose yards leader last season... ron bartell.. jason smith.. . . calling for salas to get fired on the 2nd week... and then a coach that took a 1 win team to a game shy of the .........playoffs in a season... you guys know the rest of the west has to play these teams too right? . . . just cuz KC is falling apart doesn't mean the wheels came off here... I still expect us to make the playoffs.. as previous mentioned . . . 2-5 would be a good start to season given our situation and schedule.. If we get a single win before week 7 we will still be in contention.. because our division is weak... We win the division this year... that's been the expectancy and we are still on track... things didn't look great but .. guys relax .. or atleast breath for 10 seconds ..... goosfrabbba
    ManofGod and ZiaRam like this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Re: why is everyone freaking out?

What a great post!!! Everything you said is true i think the biggest thing why everyone is so blah about is we finally have so much potential and talent and we put ourselves in position and then shot our own foot off!! But regardless you are right, I see us winning the Dallas came this first half but not sure another game? The Redskins? We match up well with the Ravens... hmmm Well guess the main factor is having Danny and ESPECIALLY Steven back!

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigtiger737 View Post
    .. because our division is weak... We win the division this year...
    Uhhhh, our division's not gonna roll over and play dead. We're not gonna beat anyone the way we're playing right now.
    With all the gravitas of Jackie Treehorn.

bltkmt is offline Registered User

Plus, I think we could/should have beat the Giants. We beat ourselves and teams that do that don't make the playoffs.

supachump is offline Registered User

Why are most people assuming we are going win all these division games? I don't think that is a given. I bet we split most of those division games. We need to win NOW.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by supachump View Post
    Why are most people assuming we are going win all these division games? I don't think that is a given. I bet we split most of those division games. We need to win NOW.
    Exactly Superchump! We need to win now, or as Stan hinted to Spags after the game, 'Some heads are gonna start rollin'!
    We're not freaking out, we're just tired of the BS, the Rams as a franchise hands its fans year after year. It's hard to have confidence in this team, when the 'Same Ol' problem continue to persist.
    Some fans draw the hard line.....For me this is the 'GSOT' FOREVER....Don't give BS like Monday night. If you're a Ram and you can't play up to GSOT standards,with no fear of any opponets or media bias, a calling out should be just deserved.

Rams should assume to win every game and get rid of the losers mentallity all together. It could through hard work and dedication. Rams performances on the field, the 1st two games in will require much more work to show improvement the rest of the season.

'The Greatest Show on Turf' is the Rams defining reputation......Rams always need to believe that!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RAMK1NG is offline Registered User

Once steven Jackson comes back I think it will make a big diffrence in our redzone plays and passing game..

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

It has been an incredibly frustrating start to the season.! I didnt expect the Rams to beat either the Eagles or the Giants, but I did expect the games to be closer on the scoreboard. Its not like the Rams have been bullied or completely outclassed.? What I didnt expect though, was the turnovers and general sloppiness of our play, just when they have had the chance to put the knife in. This breeds doubt, doubt breeds mistakes.? I was hoping a lot of these kinks would have been ironed out by now, but the lockout has hurt the offense more than I thought it would. Of all the sports Ive ever followed, and its a long list. American Football is by far and away in my mind, the sport where MOMENTUM plays the biggest role. At the moment the Rams are football's equivalent to the Hindenburg, so much promise, yet, in reality, just full of hot air come crunch time.?

Its time to get our mojo back, starting this week v the Ravens. No more excuses Rams fans. The Ravens will not look past the Rams, especially after their loss to the Titans. But make the Ravens earn it for crying out loud Rams. IF the Rams cannot solve their red zone woes quickly, then you can kiss this season good bye. I would'nt mind so much if we were truly horrible, Id could at least put my finger on it. We can beat the Ravens, no doubt in my mind there. It would be a great tonic to get our season back on track.!

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMK1NG View Post
    Once steven Jackson comes back I think it will make a big diffrence in our redzone plays and passing game..
    Hopefully JAX can come back soon with his good health, to bring in the leadership this team is desperately lacking at the moment. Yeah, Rams miss his big difference!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rambos is offline Registered User

It's easy for the fans to say if we are 1-6 or 2-5 and we can go on this run, but what about the players who are putting in the work, I think they will be at a very low point if we can't win at least 3 games before we play so called easier teams. We can't give up 7 points on offense and have dropped balls and you all know the rest... and beat anyone!

Lets win next week!
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-22-2011 at 10:07 AM.

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

I'm not saying I think that they will run away and instantly beat the other teams.. I think we will.. my point was more that we will all (in the division) ... not beat most of these teams either.. I don't think anyone in the division will have over 9 wins just like last year... and that's how this has been expected by analysts and everyone before the season began... I'm just saying lets get setven back and then if we drop the ball against division oppnoents we can worry.. expecting to win every is an athletes way of thinking.. it's always how I think if I play.. but because loses can mess up a players mind it's important to be managing the reality a bit also

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

As a fan, I find it very disappointing that a lot of people basically just wrote off the first 7-8 games of the season. Comments like "Well, i expected us to be 2-6 or 1-7" demonstrate the ultimate losers' mentality.To me, more is expected in the year after we made a 6 game improvement. More is expected in a year we upgraded multiple positions. More is expected when Stan Kroenke opened up the wallet and paid good money to support the effort of Spags and Devaney. More is expected now that Sam Bradford has a year under his belt. More is expected the year after we were on the verge of a division title, albeit in a weak division. Assuming we'd get our asses kicked early in the year and then dance through the "soft" divisional games is the worst possible line of thinking.

I am a realist. I knew it would not be easy with Philly, NY, Balt, GB, Pitt, NO etc. on our schedule. I know we have a ways to go before we can be considered a real good football team. But I fully expected us to battle, play smart and win a couple along the way. I never assumed we'd get beat and I can guarantee you the players and the coaches don't go into the season thinking that either. The problem is, we've hurt ourselves with stupidity and by playing beneath our abilities. Both have to stop.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I am a realist. I knew it would not be easy with Philly, NY, Balt, GB, Pitt, NO etc. on our schedule. I know we have a ways to go before we can be considered a real good football team. But I fully expected us to battle, play smart and win a couple along the way. I never assumed we'd get beat and I can guarantee you the players and the coaches don't go into the season thinking that either. The problem is, we've hurt ourselves with stupidity and by playing beneath our abilities. Both have to stop.
    NJ nailed it. I have said similar things oon other posts. Stop the stupid. Win now. We have had two game swhereby stupid mistakes have totally doomed us. I do not have loser mentality and never expected to go 1-7 and then cake walk through our divisional opponents. I expect much more then I am seeing. I do not accept the losing.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by dgr
    as Stan hinted to Spags after the game, 'Some heads are gonna start rollin'!
    Interesting. What else did he say in that meeting?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

TekeRam is offline Registered User

It's not that I wrote off the first 7 games, it's the fact that we play all of our NFC non-divisional opponents during that time frame as well as the Ravens. We went 7-9 last year against a cupcake schedule with the AFC West and NFL worst Panthers on the schedule as well as our own sorry division, and yes, it is sorry right now.

The way that the schedule is set up, we have almost ALL of our playoff caliber teams(7 total) in those first 7 games. The only one not there is Pittsburgh. The Giants seem to be the one to leave out and we should have won that game. I'm mad about it, absolutely, but there's a strong defining line between losing these past two weeks and the losing we did in much of last year and all the previous 3 years.

We're now beating ourselves. We have the talent and ability to win any given Sunday. We couldn't say that before this year. Do we have work to do, of goodness yes. Rookies need to work on their hands and routes. Vets need to man up. Sam needs to learn how to throw a damn fade route. The defense is on fire and will keep us in the game through three quarters almost no matter what. When the offense starts to do its part, we're going to be scary.

So yeah, I "wrote off" these first 7 games, and I figured we'd win 2 of them. We still can, and probably will. It has nothing to do with our team being bad, but it does have everything to do with playing the hard part of our schedule up front when Bradford is not yet on the top of his game, rampant injuries, and overall not playing good football. I still expect to go into the week 9 Arizona game at 2-5, but now those 2 wins could come against anyone.

As for the second half... does anyone think that the Bengals and Browns will really be able to compete with us when we're firing on all cylinders? What about Seattle who barely got to Pittsburgh's side of the 50... at all? The whiners? They just lost to a guy with a punctured lung and a guy who needed Michael Irvin's reality show to make the NFL. Arizona I think we might split with but they don't scare me. 2-5 and 6-3(Pitt, Zona(A), mystery) still make 8-8 and that'll win the division, just you wait.
    I believe!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast