Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: why is everyone freaking out?

Agrajag is offline Registered User

Re: why is everyone freaking out?

The Cardinals are actually my biggest concern with the second half of the schedule.

What are you going to do? Just have to let them play the games

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    As a fan, I find it very disappointing that a lot of people basically just wrote off the first 7-8 games of the season. Comments like "Well, i expected us to be 2-6 or 1-7" demonstrate the ultimate losers' mentality.To me, more is expected in the year after we made a 6 game improvement. More is expected in a year we upgraded multiple positions. More is expected when Stan Kroenke opened up the wallet and paid good money to support the effort of Spags and Devaney. More is expected now that Sam Bradford has a year under his belt. More is expected the year after we were on the verge of a division title, albeit in a weak division. Assuming we'd get our asses kicked early in the year and then dance through the "soft" divisional games is the worst possible line of thinking.

I am a realist. I knew it would not be easy with Philly, NY, Balt, GB, Pitt, NO etc. on our schedule. I know we have a ways to go before we can be considered a real good football team. But I fully expected us to battle, play smart and win a couple along the way. I never assumed we'd get beat and I can guarantee you the players and the coaches don't go into the season thinking that either. The problem is, we've hurt ourselves with stupidity and by playing beneath our abilities. Both have to stop.
    Too many times, the Rams fail in ballgames at controlling the momentum.
    Against Philly, The Rams D came out fired up and actually contained Vick and Co.
    Rams first offensive possession resulted in a 47 yrd scamper by Steven Jackson. Then his day was done; Momentum changer.
    Bradford bungles for a fumble, leading to a Philly TD. Momentum changer.
    The more the Rams beat themselves, the other teams are allowed to easily change the momentum in their favor.
    By half time the focus seemed lost for the Rams against Philly.
    It was the same aginst NYG, Rams came out strong, but game changing turnovers and missed oppotunities dictated the momentum in the Giants favor.

These kinks in the Rams armour, should have been worked out in preseason.
    There's no more patience for this teams' ineptness. This team, for too long has been wollowing in injury execuses, while lacking in focus on simple pass patterns that may require catching the ball.
    There is a definite Communication breakdown within this organization.
    When the same promblems occur week after week, year after year, then that team is not expecting to win, only preferring to be satisfied with BS!
    Rams should be mad as Hell and not take this anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

again... not saying anything accept.. we are not in a critical situation where people need to be getting fired... 0-2 is never great... but a lot of responces seem a bit dramatic for the circumstance.. and if you want to say it's losers mentality to be hopeful with a 2-7 record... it seems kind of hypocritic saying a couple sentences later your a realist and you ? lol.. "know we have a ways to go before we can be considered a real good football team". . . so are the losers just the ones who are willing to say we think we could lose?

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    It has been an incredibly frustrating start to the season.! I didnt expect the Rams to beat either the Eagles or the Giants, but I did expect the games to be closer on the scoreboard. Its not like the Rams have been bullied or completely outclassed.? What I didnt expect though, was the turnovers and general sloppiness of our play, just when they have had the chance to put the knife in.
    Couldn't agree with you more... at the beginning of the season I didn't expect it either... but after the 1st quarter in both games, I didn't expect to win, I was certain that WE had the momentum and personnel to win... that is why is so frustrating and why i'm freaking out...
    The giants, were dead, they were booing eli... and we gave the game on a silver platter...
    Last edited by NY RAMFAN; -09-22-2011 at 04:09 PM.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigtiger737 View Post
    again... not saying anything accept.. we are not in a critical situation where people need to be getting fired... 0-2 is never great... but a lot of responces seem a bit dramatic for the circumstance.. and if you want to say it's losers mentality to be hopeful with a 2-7 record... it seems kind of hypocritic saying a couple sentences later your a realist and you ? lol.. "know we have a ways to go before we can be considered a real good football team". . . so are the losers just the ones who are willing to say we think we could lose?
    No, its just the way the Rams are losing that would tend to get some to 'Freak out'.
    For too long now a losing trend has manifested itself within the scope of all things Rams.
    After every wash of games, the Rams can't seem to completely take out the stains of incompetence.
    They've tried tinkering with the machine, bringing in high priced detergents, but all what comes out is still dirty laundry.
    How can Rams fans not freak out, when they keep getting taken to the Cleaners?!
    Last edited by dgr828; -09-22-2011 at 04:48 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

You can loose to a team that outplayed you or you can beat yourself.We are coming mistakes that we cant look away at because if we do they become habits and normal.When you have a problem you correct it and then move,its not that we are just losing.Its the manor in which we are loosing.If we dont get a win soon it will be bad for the remainder of the season.This team is very young and impressionable if we get to the point where we dont think we can win thats what will happen....we wont win.We cant let this snowball to 0-5 or worse.You are being very naive if u think this young team can go 0-7 and then win out???No way lets be honest for a second and lets get a win before the air is let out of this balloon.

macrammer is offline Registered User

I do not think anyone is freaking out but some (including me) are just fed up with Rams losing. I see other messages that say be patient, stay positive, schedule tough, Spags is fine etc. I am wondering if the losing just takes over in the football fans subconscious? Are Ram fans too complacent? Losing the way we have in the first two weeks is nonsensical to me and I expect much more from our coaching and player personnel. No excuses, we have not executed and taken advantage of the opportunities afforded us by our opponents. Since 1980, we have had only a handful of winning seasons. 31 years perhaps 7-8 winning seasons. Enough is enough. We seem to finally have the player personnel (post Linehan debacle) along with coaching staff. It should start now.

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

I don't want to be anyones doormat, stop the stupid mistakes NOW!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12