Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 43 of 43
  1. #31
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Why I don't think Stan Kroenke is good for the Rams.

    Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    I was not tracking a Chargers Vikings move to LA. However The jags and Bills are looking real hard at it.
    Buffalo seems to be thinking of a move to Toronto more than LA once Ralph Wilson croaks.

    Khan does not have any plans in the works for a move to LA. He would want to protect his investment in building a better team here. I just don't see him wanting to loose money in the intrest of more money later. Kroenke on the other hand has his wife's money to burn. Yes Khan could buy the team and move it, but that is not my point at all. Is in my intrest for the Rams to move to LA as its closer to Korea and the west were I will likely be stationed. It's nothing for me to jump in a plane and see the Rams live any where in the world. Please bear with me.
    And Kroenke wouldn't want to build a better team here either? It takes time to build a winner in the NFL, so even if he were "conspiring" to move the Rams as we speak, he'd want to have the makings of a winner in place so he could have a smash success in Los Angeles.

    My point was as to who would be the better owner. Khan will build a better team. Kroenke has too many plans that don't involve the best intrest of the Rams. That is my point. I have stated facts as to why I believe this. Khan is the one with all the marbles to lose here. A couple bad seasons and he looses too much money. Kreonke looses seasons and replaces them with an NBA championship or Stanley Cup. Think about it for yourself.
    Kroenke also knows that neither a Stanley Cup nor an NBA title hold a candle to a Super Bowl Championship in the public eye. It is in his interest to build a winner here, and his wealth actually grants him the financial resources to make the team successful on the field and off.

    If Kreonke does not get the Rams, so what, he builds his stadium in LA and gets a expansion or the Jags Bills as a booby prize.
    Kroenke isn't involved with the financing or building of the stadium in Los Angeles. He's just on the league's commission checking out the progress of getting a stadium there. That is not the same thing.

    Khan is a self made man, he is not going to risk his hard eaned cash on failure. I see him as the owner that brings stability. I see him as the owner that brings in the Atogwe's and he will be the one standing at Peppers door at midnight getting him to come play for the Rams. He will be the owner that brings in Tomlinson to back up Jackson. And just maybe, maybe he will build a bigger better stadium in ST Louis. Like the one Jones did in Dallas.
    Stan Kroenke is a self-made billionaire independent of his wife's riches. He is well aware of the "hard earned" aspect of his wealth. And as he has more wealth than Khan, he has a greater margin for error in terms of running the team. That's what will bring stability, not handing the keys to the team to a guy who must be successful immediately or he will be forced to pull out of the team. Kroenke isn't going to bail on this franchise in all likelihood. Also, the greater wealth leaves him able to spend more to promote the team than Khan-which has a far greater bearing on this franchise becoming a successful business than on field success.


  2. #32
    lordwhttgr's Avatar
    lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.
    Posts
    759
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Why I don't think Stan Kroenke is good for the Rams.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Buffalo seems to be thinking of a move to Toronto more than LA once Ralph Wilson croaks.



    And Kroenke wouldn't want to build a better team here either? It takes time to build a winner in the NFL, so even if he were "conspiring" to move the Rams as we speak, he'd want to have the makings of a winner in place so he could have a smash success in Los Angeles.



    Kroenke also knows that neither a Stanley Cup nor an NBA title hold a candle to a Super Bowl Championship in the public eye. It is in his interest to build a winner here, and his wealth actually grants him the financial resources to make the team successful on the field and off.



    Kroenke isn't involved with the financing or building of the stadium in Los Angeles. He's just on the league's commission checking out the progress of getting a stadium there. That is not the same thing.



    Stan Kroenke is a self-made billionaire independent of his wife's riches. He is well aware of the "hard earned" aspect of his wealth. And as he has more wealth than Khan, he has a greater margin for error in terms of running the team. That's what will bring stability, not handing the keys to the team to a guy who must be successful immediately or he will be forced to pull out of the team. Kroenke isn't going to bail on this franchise in all likelihood. Also, the greater wealth leaves him able to spend more to promote the team than Khan-which has a far greater bearing on this franchise becoming a successful business than on field success.

    Unless I'm misstaken, it will be a Kroenke/Khan team that runs the Rams as Kroenke isn't selling his 40% share. That gives Khan more buying power. It shows us the Kroenke is willing to let the team go down hill to suit his own needs. Yes, Kroenke was there when the Rams went 3-13 and he did nothing. Kroenke was there when the Rams went 2-14 and well, did nothing. Kroenke was there when the Rams went 1-15. Do I need to say what he did,,,block someone else from comming in. Let me make my point some way else.

    In 1995 Georgia F moved the team with Kroenke to St Louis and got a new Stadium. Four years later she added Dick Vermeil and the Rams went to 2 Super Bowls with the team they built. She got players like Marshal Faulk and Kurt Warner from other teams and drafted Tory Holt and Issac Bruce. Lets not forget She was holding the reins when Eric Dickerson was drafted as well as a host of other big name players. Khan could be that man also. That is what I want for the St Louis Rams. success, not more of the last 3 years. Kroenke was here the last three years. He wasn't sick and he wasn't poor. Where was he? I saw him at Nuggets games. I saw him at Avalanche games. I never saw him at Rams games, not like I saw Georgia.
    Last edited by lordwhttgr; -05-30-2010 at 05:24 AM.

  3. #33
    Goldenfleece's Avatar
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: Why I don't think Stan Kroenke is good for the Rams.

    Kroenke wasn't the majority owner. What was he supposed to do? Buy Chip out while the team was obviously on a path down? Order Chip to make changes in the front office? Order Devaney to trade for some big name player he saw on t.v.?

  4. #34
    Rambunctious's Avatar
    Rambunctious is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,198
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: Why I don't think Stan Kroenke is good for the Rams.

    I appreciate your passion Lordwhttgr and the fact that you have stuck around the thread to defend it but...

    Several of your points conflict with each other and some are statements of fact without a foundation.

    1) You say that Kroenke has his money and his wife's money to pull from so it would be no problem to waste a little money moving to LA... but later you say if Kahn owns 60% he will have more buying power. Kahn from what I know is pulling his money together to buy the team and will never have anywhere near the deep pockets as Kroenke.

    2) Kroenke was with St. Louis through the bad times but also through the super bowl years. Personally I don't think as a minority owner he was responsible for either but how can you hold him responsible for the bad but not give him credit for the good?

    3) I have no idea how many Rams games he went to but the point is neither do you. Owners get the cameras turned on them but not usually minority owners. Georgia was our majority owner and the focus. Kroenke could have attended every game and no one would have noticed. You see him at Nuggets and Avalanche because.... that's right... he is the owner of those teams.

    4) You say Kahn has no plans to move the team. How do you know this? Not making plans public is not the same as not making them. Again you don't take Kroenke for his word but you do Kahn.

    5) You use the success of his other teams as a reason he doesn't need to make the Rams successful.

    First he doesn't need any team to be successful... he doesn't even need any teams. If money was his main motivation he would just stick to real estate and the billion he already has.

    So if he doesn't need the money than shouldn't the success of his other teams be a positive. He took over the Nuggets in 2000. Since then they have won three division titles ending an almost 20 year drought.

    Just some thoughts. Keep up the passion.

  5. #35
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,491
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Why I don't think Stan Kroenke is good for the Rams.

    Passion that is this misguided and illogical has little utility.

  6. #36
    lordwhttgr's Avatar
    lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.
    Posts
    759
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Why I don't think Stan Kroenke is good for the Rams.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    I appreciate your passion Lordwhttgr and the fact that you have stuck around the thread to defend it but...

    Several of your points conflict with each other and some are statements of fact without a foundation.

    1) You say that Kroenke has his money and his wife's money to pull from so it would be no problem to waste a little money moving to LA... but later you say if Kahn owns 60% he will have more buying power. Kahn from what I know is pulling his money together to buy the team and will never have anywhere near the deep pockets as Kroenke.

    2) Kroenke was with St. Louis through the bad times but also through the super bowl years. Personally I don't think as a minority owner he was responsible for either but how can you hold him responsible for the bad but not give him credit for the good?

    3) I have no idea how many Rams games he went to but the point is neither do you. Owners get the cameras turned on them but not usually minority owners. Georgia was our majority owner and the focus. Kroenke could have attended every game and no one would have noticed. You see him at Nuggets and Avalanche because.... that's right... he is the owner of those teams.

    4) You say Kahn has no plans to move the team. How do you know this? Not making plans public is not the same as not making them. Again you don't take Kroenke for his word but you do Kahn.

    5) You use the success of his other teams as a reason he doesn't need to make the Rams successful.

    First he doesn't need any team to be successful... he doesn't even need any teams. If money was his main motivation he would just stick to real estate and the billion he already has.

    So if he doesn't need the money than shouldn't the success of his other teams be a positive. He took over the Nuggets in 2000. Since then they have won three division titles ending an almost 20 year drought.

    Just some thoughts. Keep up the passion.
    1) once again,,, it will be a Kroenke/Khan team as apposed to a Kroenke alone team.

    2) Kroenke bought the 40% share for 85 million. His share was worth 450 million and is now valued at 300 Million. When Georgia was ill in 2008, he did nothing. Say to yourself, I am going to loose 100 million dollars and realize that you do have a say in what goes on with it. He holds 40% not something insignificant like 5%.

    3) your right.

    4) Khan spokesperson Jim Woodcock told Kaplan, “Shad completely intends to remain bound by his agreement with Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez while the NFL and its owners consider the bid. His commitment to St. Louis is every bit as strong today as it was when his agreement with Chip and Lucia was announced in February. If the opportunity presents itself with the NFL, Shad intends to close on the purchase.” written by Howard Balzer

    Stan Kroenke is on the commitee to build a Stadium in Los Angeles. Funny isn't it that he can find the time to look for a stadium in LA but not a decent QB. It's not like he has a 450 million stake in it.

    "I am going to attempt to do all I can to keep the Rams in St Louis" Stan Kroenke. A billionare doesn't have to attempt anything. Who is opposed to the Rams staying? The fact that he use the word attempt is an insult to our intellegence. He has the money and expertise to build a stadium in St Louis and keep the Rams here. It is not like he knows about realestate or building shopping centers right? Please.

    Ough by the way, where does his family now live? Not the one he says is his home, but where does he live?
    Last edited by lordwhttgr; -06-02-2010 at 11:00 PM.

  7. #37
    lordwhttgr's Avatar
    lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.
    Posts
    759
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Why I don't think Stan Kroenke is good for the Rams.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Kroenke wasn't the majority owner. What was he supposed to do? Buy Chip out while the team was obviously on a path down? Order Chip to make changes in the front office? Order Devaney to trade for some big name player he saw on t.v.?
    Absolutly!!!! He ownes 300 Million Dollars worth of St Loius Rams.

  8. #38
    lordwhttgr's Avatar
    lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.
    Posts
    759
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Why I don't think Stan Kroenke is good for the Rams.

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Passion that is this misguided and illogical has little utility.
    Perhaps. But my post was simple. I was direct and to the point of why I "think" Stan Kroenke is bad for the Rams.

    I await your reasoning as to why he is good.

  9. #39
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Why I don't think Stan Kroenke is good for the Rams.

    Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    Absolutly!!!! He ownes 300 Million Dollars worth of St Loius Rams.
    And because his minority share is "outvoted" by Chip's majority share, does not make decisions regarding this franchise's operations. However, with a 100% share and his personal wealth, he can and likely will spend what it takes to make the franchise a success both on the field and off.

  10. #40
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,491
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Why I don't think Stan Kroenke is good for the Rams.

    Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    Perhaps. But my post was simple. I was direct and to the point of why I "think" Stan Kroenke is bad for the Rams.

    I await your reasoning as to why he is good.
    I've answered that question several times. He is a very deep pocket with experience running sports franchises and strong ties to the St. Louis area.

    Anything else is pure conjecture.

  11. #41
    MauiRam's Avatar
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Maui, Hi.
    Age
    70
    Posts
    4,782
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: Why I don't think Stan Kroenke is good for the Rams.

    Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    Fact: he has stated that he was behind moving the Rams to ST Louis.
    So what does this have to do with your argument that "he isn't good for the Rams?" Are you implying via this statement that he is a moveaholic? He should seek rehab for moving a team or two? As I recall, it was Georgia who moved the Rams ..

    Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    If I'm not right tell me. Stan Kroenke is trying to back door his way into owning the Rams.
    Stan had an option in his contract as minority owner that he as such, retained the right to match any offer the majority owner chose to accept (i.e. Chip and Lucia). An offer was made and accepted, and Stan exercised his option. Simple as that - nothing "backdoor" about it. Rather it was all very straightforward ..

    Your opinion of Stan is just that: an opinion, just as is mine or anyone else's. Postulating what may possibly be going on in Silent Stan's mind, may be intriguing, but let us not imply that we really know - as we simply do not ..

    My opinion is that Stan will be an excellent owner. Shalid might have been a good one as well, but I personally prefer Stan by a large margin.

    Fact: Shalid is a complete rookie - he has never owned a pro team.

    Fact: Stan is anything but a rookie, he owns several pro teams. They have done well under his guidance. His pockets (his own pockets, I am not including his wife's) are much deeper. He is no novice when it comes to knowing the ins and outs of the Rams, since he's owned 40% of them for some years now .. I will be completely astonished if he is not the 100% owner of the Rams prior to the start of the regular season.

  12. #42
    lordwhttgr's Avatar
    lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.
    Posts
    759
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Why I don't think Stan Kroenke is good for the Rams.

    Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Your opinion of Stan is just that: an opinion, just as is mine or anyone else's. Postulating what may possibly be going on in Silent Stan's mind, may be intriguing, but let us not imply that we really know - as we simply do not ..

    .
    Your right. As my statement to start the thread stated it was my thoughts. Based on the facts I presented. I don't know that Stan is going to move the team. He may very well be useing the LA stadium to get one here. It is all possible that he will be a good owner. I just don't see it by his actions.

  13. #43
    lordwhttgr's Avatar
    lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.
    Posts
    759
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Why I don't think Stan Kroenke is good for the Rams.

    I wonder what Stan's input was on Atogwe?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Jim Thomas Live
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -11-23-2008, 08:57 PM
  2. Gordo Post Game Chat
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-03-2008, 02:27 PM
  3. Jim Thomas Live-Feb. 5th
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -02-06-2008, 12:24 PM
  4. Postgame With Gordo, Dec. 30
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -12-31-2007, 03:31 PM
  5. Jim Thomas Live, October 30
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-30-2007, 08:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •