Like Tree12Likes
  • 7 Post By Ramendola16
  • 1 Post By laram0
  • 2 Post By Ramhearder
  • 2 Post By DirtySkeez

Thread: Why I Love Jeff Fisher

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

Why I Love Jeff Fisher

As some of you know, I was at yesterday's game. I try to go to games as often as I can because they often give better insight as to what's actually happening in the game. (Snead's philosophy works!) Sunday's brawl was no exception.

Anyone who saw the game knows that, on an incomplete pass, Kaepernick got the most unbelievably "roughing the passer" call. Not only was the hit due to Robert Quinn being pushed by a Whiner, but the hit would hardly constitute as a hit in Jr. High football. The entire Dome booed, as well it should. The boos continued for at least 3-4 more plays. On what I assume was commercial break, our illustrious coach came on to the field to have a "friendly" discussion with the referees. The replay of the penalty kept playing on the big screen, and Fisher was attempting to show the refs how asinine the call was. At the point, the crowd had quieted down, probably because we'd been booing to almost 5 minutes straight. The break ended, and the refs simply shook their heads at Fisher while motioning for him to return to his sideline.

And what did he do?

Instead of throwing a fit, yelling loudly, or otherwise acting in an immature manner, he simply walked slowly back to the sideline. As he did, he made the stereotypical motion for the crowd to get loud. That was all we needed. The place snapped, and erupted like I've never heard before. There may have only been 50,000 Rams fans there, but they packed the force of 100,000+.

The Jeff Fisher effect is real, folks. I bear witness!
    Rambos, laram0, eric2810 and 4 others like this.

Tampa_Ram is online now Registered User

Re: Why I Love Jeff Fisher

That roughing call was complete garbage. On TV you could hear how loud they wre, can't imagine how much better it was in person. Fisher is definitely what the Rams needed!!!

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

On the TV I saw JL and I believe Chris Long make that motion a few times while the booing was going on too.

SWFCRAM is offline Registered User

The officiating crew made some poor calls yesterday - for both teams. If that had been the stand-ins at the beginning of the season then the press would have had a field day.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Fisher was fired up yesterday. I saw the raw emotion from him that trademarked his days in Tennessee. It was obvious to me that he wanted that game just as badly as the players did. His gestures of joy at the end of the game proved as such. It is also great that he was instrumental in bringing in ex-Ram greats like Bruce and Ferragamo while Jack Youngblood was on hand to work with the linemen. Awesome.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Fisher was fired up yesterday. I saw the raw emotion from him that trademarked his days in Tennessee. It was obvious to me that he wanted that game just as badly as the players did. His gestures of joy at the end of the game proved as such. It is also great that he was instrumental in bringing in ex-Ram greats like Bruce and Ferragamo while Jack Youngblood was on hand to work with the linemen. Awesome.
    I watched the game on TV and there was no mention of those guys being there. Makes sense based on the throwback unis. I'm sure Jack Youngblood was pleased with the performance of the DL. Ike and Vince, maybe not so much with the offensive output.

Go Rams!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Fisher is the man with the plan!
    DirtySkeez likes this.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Why I Love Jeff Fisher

Stache ftw!!!!

Ramhearder is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramendola16 View Post
    As some of you know, I was at yesterday's game. I try to go to games as often as I can because they often give better insight as to what's actually happening in the game. (Snead's philosophy works!) Sunday's brawl was no exception.

Anyone who saw the game knows that, on an incomplete pass, Kaepernick got the most unbelievably "roughing the passer" call. Not only was the hit due to Robert Quinn being pushed by a Whiner, but the hit would hardly constitute as a hit in Jr. High football. The entire Dome booed, as well it should. The boos continued for at least 3-4 more plays. On what I assume was commercial break, our illustrious coach came on to the field to have a "friendly" discussion with the referees. The replay of the penalty kept playing on the big screen, and Fisher was attempting to show the refs how asinine the call was. At the point, the crowd had quieted down, probably because we'd been booing to almost 5 minutes straight. The break ended, and the refs simply shook their heads at Fisher while motioning for him to return to his sideline.

And what did he do?

Instead of throwing a fit, yelling loudly, or otherwise acting in an immature manner, he simply walked slowly back to the sideline. As he did, he made the stereotypical motion for the crowd to get loud. That was all we needed. The place snapped, and erupted like I've never heard before. There may have only been 50,000 Rams fans there, but they packed the force of 100,000+.

The Jeff Fisher effect is real, folks. I bear witness!
    Amazing. I was going to post a thread on this myself. I was also at the game. I have never heard the dome as loud as it was in that moment...well, maybe when the refs put their arms up with 30 seconds left in Overtime, but i digress. I met coach Fisher last night and told him how much this city needed that win and even more so, his gesture to interact with the crowd. The amazing thing was that he captured all of the negative energy of the boos and turned it into a booming cheer. He said "yeah, we really needed you guys in that game". Nice guy by the way.
    gap and DirtySkeez like this.

DirtySkeez is offline Registered User

I can attest to Fisher being a great guy. I went to school with his son Brandon and his daughter whom i cant think of her name off hand at CPA in Tennessee. He was actually in my grade. Anyways his Dad was always at the games to watch his son. He would actually game plan with our coach (coach pac) to help us win games. Hes a very smart and sincere guy from all that i have seen. You guys really got lucky by gettting him for a coach. He really gets the most out of his players... just look at what he did with albert haynesworth. noone else has been able to keep him in control or get the production out of him. Good play caller... you got the whole package and a new ram fan me... lol

GO RAMS
    bradwill and Ramendola16 like this.