Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Why I love this site, by Roy G. Biv

Fan boards are a dime a dozen. Anyone can start up a message board out of his mother's basement, and open up shop. And when you spend a little time at the vast majority of these boards, you will find one of two situations. Those boards will either be,

1. as empty as opening night of "The X-rated Story of Rush & Rosie: The Musical"

or

2. a beyotch fest filled with self-esteemed challenged young men who get off to the sound of their own keyboard while convincing themselves that THEY are the story, not just the observer of the story

Here at ClanRam you find neither (for the most part), and THAT is what I love about it here. Numero uno as mentioned above is never a problem. There's always something going on, and I appreciate those who can keep even the offseason filled with witty threads. It sets this place apart from others.

On the 2nd note, I can be almost as encouraged. With one glaring exception, this place is free of those practitioners of the verbal masterbatory arts. Nobody, except one, is so pretentious as to think they bring anything more than a fan's eye view to the table. Yet at the same time, everyone, except one, is able to bring a sharp eye with solid, empirical, perceptible evidence worthy of evaluation.

Kudos to this place. To the posters that bring the proverbial variety being the proverbial spice of life. To the Mods that keep the roses growing while pruning the weeds. To Dez who keeps the life-blood pouring from his wallet into the site. Thank you all.

"I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

EvilXenu is offline Registered User

Re: Why I love this site, by Roy G. Biv

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few... or the one.

Nice post, RGB! I agree whole-heartedly!
    And you thought Mike Martz was "mad"!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Most EXCELLENT

Well said, Roy, well done! Kudos to you my friend, for reiterating what, indeed, many of us would want to say more often in terms of appreciating the work and dedication of Dez, Mods & Co. here in Clan land. That is why I love this site... Quality.

Long live the Clan! :bash:

PS: unable to 'Rep points' you right now but you certainly deserve it on this one!

blood85 is offline Registered User

This site is truly the best.

Kudos to you my friend
    Well thank you, RealRam. I gotta be honest. When writing that post I was thinking of many, but you and Chiguy in particular. You two are examples of how we can bring typically different ends of the spectrum, yet bring value to a board. You are always so upbeat and positive, while Chiguy is typically more; I don't want to say negative, but maybe skeptical. But both of you bring value to the board, because both of you bring a perspective of the team that is needed.

Neither of you make yourself the story, and neither of you try to impose a persona on others that is larger than the reality of the poster. And that's what's beautiful. A true yin-yang situation. And you two are just an example, this board is filled with those kinds of posters; for the most part.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

GreatCowGuru is offline Registered User

Yes, my rainbow friend, this place is as fresh as a newly mown hayfield. It is indeed refreshing to be able to wander about without fear of stepping into something soft, yet feel moo-ved by the great discussions. The moderators do a great job of keeping us within the fence, and don't mind if we jab each other with a barb now and then. Here I feel free to graze each thread. You don't have to have skin as thick as leather to enjoy this place.

It's as fine as a two-pound steak dinner.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Where else can you find something like the Great Cow Guru

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Guru: Eat Mor Chikin?

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Well done, RGB. Kudos to you. Great post. Superlatives.

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Except one... except one.... I've been properly chastised and will strive to do better.

Seriously though, very well done. I second that emotion!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

rams70 is offline Registered User

Amen to that, enjoy it here. Besides, on most days, my location matches that of the Great Cow Guru.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    Except one... except one.... I've been properly chastised and will strive to do better.

Seriously though, very well done. I second that emotion!
    rest assured ramsanddodgers, you were not in mind when I mentioned the exception. I respect you too much for that. Maybe I should explain the concept of the exception, as I understand it.

"The exception" is a symbolic concept that can (and usually does from time to time) manifest itself in a literal body on any message board. The exception is one who has such little significance in the real world that they feel a need to escape to the internet world of message boards. However, not as you or I do. We come here as ourselves, with all our positives and negatives, no pretenses. But "the exception" comes here to re-create themselves in the form of something they are not; an insider with lofty knowledge of the subject at hand.

When it comes to true insight, all of us are on the same playing field; which is to say, none of us are insiders. None of us are players, coaches, executives, employees, or team reporters. We are merely fans. And most of us are happy to be so; fans, with opinions, and arguments, but no more knowledge of the inner sanctum of our subject that the guy next to us. The exception, however, doesn't realize that. They truly believe they are not only closer to the story than everyone else, but they see themselves as part of the story itself. It's sad really.

As it pertains to this board, I see very little of that. Other boards are overflowing with exceptions (to the point of making the phrase ironic), but here, "the exception" rarely manifests itself. It happens here, obviously. In this world of shadowy pseudonyms, no board will be free of "exceptions", but at least here when it does manifest itself, it is as obvious as (to steal a phrase I recently saw here) a turd in a punchbowl (vulgar yes, but so is the manifestation I refer to).

Here, the exception is exactly that, an exception; not the rule. Hopefully, it will remain so.

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Thank you Roy, but I didn't really think you were singling me out. The first sentnce in my reply was in jest but the second line was meant to be taken at face value.

As for the "respect" part... wait until you get to know me better, my friend!

I know exactly twhat you were referring to as "exceptions" for although I do still peruse 3-4 other Rams' Boards this is the only one I tend to (ahem) contribute to (ahem) on a regular basis would be here. None of the others compare to the quality here.

Thanks Dez for making this possible!! :l:l
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

GreatCowGuru is offline Registered User

Yes, my children, eat more chikin.

Roy, my colorful acquaintance, you are one of those people who have a way with words. Other people.....not have way. (Thank you, Steve Martin.)

Since I, being a Guru, am in touch with not only my inner self, but also the cosmic conciousness, I see a situation such as you describe using my inner vision. It would be as though a water buffalo had invaded the herd, posing as a Brahma. Even though there is similarities between the animals, the bovine intellect is lacking in the water buffalo. In fact, he would have to 'buffalo' his way through a conversaton.

In this world of shadowy pseudonyms, no board will be free of "exceptions", but at least here when it does manifest itself, it is as obvious as (to steal a phrase I recently saw here) a turd in a punchbowl (vulgar yes, but so is the manifestation I refer to).
    Roy, you seem to be unfamiliar with country wisdom. I shall, with the experience I have gained living in a rural setting most of my life, attempt to explain things to you so that you, too, may see the inner good in all of this:

Those who come here pretending to speak only USDA Prime shall be exposed to say only USDA Grade B, unfit for consumption by humans. Therefore, they shall be as lasting as a fart in a whirlwind.

My children, the Guru shall take his leave for now, even though I shall not be going anywhere. While I am pondering the mysteries of the universe, let me leave you with these thought to ponder amongst yourselves:

Why do they call it a 'pigskin' when it is made from cow leather?
    Why isn't 'phonics' spelled 'foniks'?
    Is it socially acceptable to yell 'MOVIE!' in a crowded firehouse?

Be well, my children. I shall return.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GreatCowGuru
    Roy, my colorful acquaintance, you are one of those people who have a way with words. Other people.....not have way. (Thank you, Steve Martin.)

Bovine humor works for me. Good stuff Guru.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast