Rambos is offline Registered User

Why I want Fisher as our HC

Why Fisher, let me start by saying I still want Mike here, but it looks like it’s a done deal. So why Fisher, defensive coach, younger coach with 11 year as a head coach don’t ,want a college coach that does not have a clue about the NFL.

Some numbers on Fisher from his BIO

98 victories and has amassed more regular season wins than any AFC head coach over the last six seasons with 61. He ranks third overall in the NFL behind Tony Dungy (64 wins, 30 in the NFC) and Andy Reid (63 wins). Fisher led the Titans to four playoff appearances (1999, 2000, 2002, 2003), two Division titles (2000 & 2002), two AFC Championship Games (1999, 2002) and one Super Bowl berth (XXXIV). (61 regular season wins and 5 postseason wins). Last year, he became the fourth youngest coach (46) to win 90 regular season games since 1960. Only John Madden (41), Don Shula (41), and Bill Cowher (44) were faster to 90 wins.

Former player…

A former defensive back in college at the University of Southern California, Fisher played for Robinson in a star-studded defensive backfield that included future NFL stars Ronnie Lott, Dennis Smith and Joey Browner. Former Titans offensive lineman Bruce Matthews also was one of Fisher’s USC teammates. Fisher’s career statistics included five interceptions and 108 tackles. The versatile Fisher also served as the Trojans’ backup kicker and earned PAC-10 All-Academic honors in 1980

Hallmarks of a Fisher-led team include stout rushing defense, the ability to possess the ball with a strong running game and poise in the midst of adversity. In nine of the last 10 seasons, the Titans defense has ranked in the top 10 against the run and they are the only team in the NFL that can boast such a streak. In 2003, the Titans finished first in the NFL in rushing defense for only the second time in franchise history (1993).

In 1991, Fisher headed west to be reunited with his college coach John Robinson, serving as the Los Angeles Rams’ defensive coordinator. “Come home Fisher”.

He is a University of Southern California, guy! Shaw lives here…maybe he can reach this idiot.

He young with a ton of experience, I think you have to be young to relate to theses players today. I think he can get the Max out of SJ and build a D that can PLAY.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Why I want Fisher as our HC

Well, that certainly is a rather impressive resume. My question is.....does he want to leave Tennessee?

Rambos is offline Registered User

9. Jeff Fisher. Fisher, one of the most stand-up guys in the league, probably is safe for a while. He did, after all, finish 13-3, 13-3, 11-5 and 12-4 in a span of five seasons from 1999-2003. Then again, the Titans were 5-11 last year and are 1-3 at the quarter pole. If they lose a dozen games, Fisher could be in trouble.

This article is a little old, 10 coaches on hot seat. Fisher was 9 when they where off to a 1-3 start now they are 4-9, it just might be time for a change of scenery and it might not be his choice much like Mad Mike, by the way was number on with a bullet on this list.

“When Jim Mora blew a gasket in his last season as the Saints' coach, he said the shelf life of an NFL head coach with the same team was 10 years and that he had stayed a year too long. San Diego coach Marty Schottenheimer, who is in charge of his fourth team, agreed with Mora.”

“Though Fisher's under contract and couldn't leave Nashville if he wanted to, speculation continues. One report had Fisher in line to replace the Rams' Mike Martz. Another had him replacing Dom Capers with the Texans. It's not going to happen.”

Not sure what will happen, he maybe a long shot to come here, but you never know.

All i know is I would love to have him, he still is my frist choice.
    Last edited by Rambos; -12-12-2005 at 03:11 PM.

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

hez defintely my first choice too
    but would he want to come to the rams??

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Rambos, I agree with all of your reasons that J. Fisher would make an excellent coach for the Rams; but there is another reason I would like to mention.

1.) Fisher would know how to effectively use a power-back like S. Jackson. Remember how effective Eddie George was in his prime? Fish knew how to design and game-plan runs so a big Power back could be successful.
    2.) If Jackson starts "dancin" I promise you Fisher will chase him all over the field with a big hickory stick!!

WHAT SAY YE?

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

No, No, No.

His team always seems to be missing nothing, even though they have had a good defense, special teams, and a good offense. Yet something was always missing.

I want a young coach that will breathe fresh air into this team. Fisher is not the guy to do that.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.