throwback week

Rambos is offline Registered User

Why I would extend Bradford after 2013 season

I hear all the time that Bradford is not living up to his current contract. I keep hearing he's not elite.

BUT....

When you look at Bradford's numbers and compare them to Flacco this year they are very similar. Flacco is in his final year of his current deal and reports are coming out he is now seeking $20 million per year with Baltimore Ravens. And that's before the SB has been played, win or lose he wants a Brees type of deal, five-year contract worth $100 million with $40 million guaranteed.

The Rams are going to be in a good position after 2013 to extend Bradford before he's on the cusp of that elite status. I think it would be the perfect time to add two more years to his deal and have him locked up for four more years before we find ourselves in a position that could cost us 20 mil per and still not know if he is truly elite like Flacco.

I think like most of us feel that next year we will make the playoffs. The following year we will have all the draft picks on the roster from the trade and be ready to make a SB run.

Bradford is set to make $9 million next year, $14 million the year after and $13 million in his last year.

I would hope we can lock him up to a more friendly deal and if he become elite then we could pay him the Brees type deal when his 29 or 30.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Why I would extend Bradford after 2013 season

First and foremost I don't think Flacco is a elite quarterback yet, I would not be opposed to extended Samtwo more years at all. Most think he is over paid and needs to restructurewhich is so far from the truth. As you mentioned the 9-14 Mill is what many QB's get paid in the league already.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

That's simply...ideal. Hopefully this will come to fruition.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    First and foremost I don't think Flacco is a elite quarterback yet, I would not be opposed to extended Samtwo more years at all. Most think he is over paid and needs to restructurewhich is so far from the truth. As you mentioned the 9-14 Mill is what many QB's get paid in the league already.
    I don't think Flacco is elite either, even if he wins the SB. That said the Ravens now are in a bad spot if you ask me. He's going to get paid big time. He's an unrestricted free agent, what choices do they have really? But to pay him.

Head Slap is offline Registered User

Good question, especially as we woke up one January morning after a remarkable season only to find 2 of the most athletic quarterbacks in the league in division and an aging running back.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I don't think Flacco is elite either, even if he wins the SB. That said the Ravens now are in a bad spot if you ask me. He's going to get paid big time. He's an unrestricted free agent, what choices do they have really? But to pay him.
    I hear ya on that man they are in a bad position! Maybe they can have Trent Dilfer or Tony Banks dust off their cleats and come back for 9-11 mill a year? lol