Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Why not at least practice some no huddle?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Why not at least practice some no huddle?

It's no secret the Rams are going to a spread and uptempo offense. What harm is there in running some no huddle this week? The Packers came out and took it to us. Fisher wants to score six points but wants to handcuff the players in the process. I would rather see some no huddle then us going for it on fourth and six. We would never do that when the games count so why do it now? We will be running no huddle, why not practice it?

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Re: Why not at least practice some no huddle?

Its preseason. Theyre not going to reveal their gameplans just yet.

I'm expecting a large dose of no huddle this year, depending on the defense.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

They are practicing it, at Rams park.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Its preseason. Theyre not going to reveal their gameplans just yet.

I'm expecting a large dose of no huddle this year, depending on the defense.
    To my point if you are expecting it, what is it we are hiding? Week one we go no huddle and look lost, I'm going to wonder out loud why we did not work on it in games that don't count.
    UK Ramfan 83 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    They are practicing it, at Rams park.
    They are? They are open to the public, you think the Cards might have someone there taking notes?

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    They are? They are open to the public, you think the Cards might have someone there taking notes?
    They haven't practiced enough fake field goals in fake games to satisfy my requirements!!! Should I start a thread about it? If they operate one of those plays this year and it fails, I'm going to note that I voice my concern that this was not being addressed enough in the fake game scenarios.

Don't even get me started on the lack of laterals on kick offs.

When they hired Fischer I noted that he didn't practice the right types of plays in fake game scenarios to win.
    Last edited by RebelYell; -08-21-2013 at 03:31 PM.
    live4ramin and rammiser like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    They haven't practiced enough fake field goals in fake games to satisfy my requirements!!! Should I start a thread about it? If they operate one of those plays this year and it fails, I'm going to note that I voice my concern that this was not being addressed enough in the fake game scenarios.

Don't even get me started on the lack of laterals on kick offs.
    You lost me.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Fisher said previously the rookies were practicing lining up for the pledge of allegiance. Just guessing they used their left hands. I'll be monitoring the situation.
    Rambos, rammiser and VegasRam like this.
    I'm the guy that walks up after the argument's started.

rammiser is offline Registered User

It's no secret the Rams are going to a spread and uptempo offense. What harm is there in running some no huddle this week? The Packers came out and took it to us. Fisher wants to score six points but wants to handcuff the players in the process. I would rather see some no huddle then us going for it on fourth and six. We would never do that when the games count so why do it now? We will be running no huddle, why not practice it?
    Some things are better left for the regular season. The way we are going to use Austin and Cook. Formations we don't want the entire NFL to see and know what to expect. Not all practices are open to the public and I thought i read some where that some of the ones that were no photography was allowed.

Also how did the Pakcers take it to us? When the starters were in there it was 6-0 not exactly taking it to us. It should have been 7-6 if it werent for one of Bradfords few errant passes.
    Just Fix It

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Some things are better left for the regular season. The way we are going to use Austin and Cook. Formations we don't want the entire NFL to see and know what to expect. Not all practices are open to the public and I thought i read some where that some of the ones that were no photography was allowed.

Also how did the Packers take it to us? When the starters were in there it was 6-0 not exactly taking it to us. It should have been 7-6 if it werent for one of Bradfords few errant passes.
    Packers came out and set the tempo with no huddle, we did a nice job of keeping them out of the end zone.

You can run no huddle in a very vanilla offense. Has nothing to do with the plays or formations you run.

Every day you can find Rams practices being tweeted play by play and formation from fans.

Jim Fadler ‏@jimiramsboy now

Rams go empty, Givens on the far side of a trips and comes underneath wide open in front of Sam #ramscamp
    You also can see plays being posted on instagram like this one a few seconds ago. This one is far can't see much but I have seen endzone stuff. Point being all smart phones have cameras and video.

Instagram

No worries I don't want to debate it any longer it was a simple question that's all.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Packers came out and set the tempo with no huddle, we did a nice job of keeping them out of the end zone.

You can run no huddle in a very vanilla offense. Has nothing to do with the plays or formations you run.

Every day you can find Rams practices being tweeted play by play and formation from fans.

You also can see plays being posted on instagram like this one a few seconds ago. This one is far can't see much but I have seen endzone stuff. Point being all smart phones have cameras and video.

Instagram

No worries I don't want to debate it any longer it was a simple question that's all.
    I doubt Fisher is publicly broadcasting things to the public tha the doesnt want seen. I guess you could say we took it to the Packers to by driving down the field with ease but not scoring.
    Just Fix It

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I doubt Fisher is publicly broadcasting things to the public tha the doesnt want seen. I guess you could say we took it to the Packers to by driving down the field with ease but not scoring.
    I would you got no argument there!

RealRam is offline Registered User

You also can see plays being posted on instagram like this one a few seconds ago. This one is far, can't see much but I have seen endzone stuff. Point being all smart phones have cameras and video.
    To think that there was a time when our Head Coach, George Allen, was quite zealous - almost paranoid - of 'spies' watching the Rams practice! He is believed to be the first NFL coach to hire a full-time security man to guard the Rams training camp, binoculars and all.

Now I'm wondering if there isn't an UAV drone looking down over our Rams practice drills!

live4ramin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    To think that there was a time when our Head Coach, George Allen, was quite zealous - almost paranoid - of 'spies' watching the Rams practice! He is believed to be the first NFL coach to hire a full-time security man to guard the Rams training camp, binoculars and all.

Now I'm wondering if there isn't an UAV drone looking down over our Rams practice drills!

We don't play the Bears this year so I feel good that Obama will keep the unmanned drones away from Rams Park.

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

But we do play the Bears! On November 24th! *Gulp*
    laram0 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast