Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By sjacksonrules

Thread: Why the Rams draft WASN'T a failure

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Why the Rams draft WASN'T a failure

We did what any good team does, build from inside out. Anyone notice we have done that every year under spags?

09 Smith, Laur, Fletcher
    10 Sam, Saffold, Murphy
    11 Quinn, Kendricks, Pettis

We have focused on the main structure first. Now we have a good foundation. I would say in the next year or so we can start getting flashier in the draft.

I for some reason didn't like the Quinn pick at first. When I got over the fact that the falcons did what they did I realized the Rams made a great pick. I can't wait to see Quinn, Long, Hall, and Robbins that is a hydra with four heads right there. Then Selvie, Gibson and Ah You on relief who is going to stop that? Those who didn't like the pick will change their mind when Quinn and Long both have double digit sacks.

The Kendricks, Pettis, and Salas picks are real nice. The one thing that Charley Casserly said about these three are that they are smart guys will be able to learn the offense quickly. Obviously we want to win now. We can still develop guys like onubon and maybe gilyard but we need guys that can catch and run now. They said Salas lead the nation in receiving yards so why was he not drafted higher? Those who didn't like these picks will change their mind once Sam starts slinging the ball around to these fellas and they are racking up the yards.

The rest of the draft I'll have to see how they pan out. I trust spags if he went defense with the rest of the draft I am sure some if not all will help this team.

Guys its time to start that ole band wagon up I am sure there will be people hopping on this year. At least we all know who was here during the dark times.

One thing that some said last year is that it was different from previous years because we have Bradford now. Well now we can all say we have Bradford he can play and play good. Guys this year is going to be great I hope we all get to see that game on 9/11 it will be memorable.

Go Rams!
    Last edited by sjacksonrules; -05-03-2011 at 11:18 PM. Reason: left a part out.
    live4ramin and Ram Mar Ram like this.