Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Why the Rams May Finish 0-16

By Bernie Miklasz
    09/30/2007 7:12 pm

I’ll go with an “I” formation to set it up…

INJURIES: The nastiest among us refuse to acknowledge this as a factor, but the Rams have been ripped apart by health issues, especially on the O-line. To pretend otherwise is ignorant and dishonest.

INEPT COACHING: Apparently, overwhelmed Rams head coach Scott Linehan is the only person who watches this team who can’t see that quarterback Marc Bulger is (A) hurt; (B) playing the worst football of his career; (C) a combination of both. Why did Linny covet Gus Frerotte as an expensive No. 2 quarterback if he isn’t going to use him when it makes perfect sense to do so? Linehan is losing it.

INCOMPETENT FRONT OFFICE: Lousy drafts, nonsensical free agent signings (Lenny Walls?) and misguided financial decisions regarding roster composition have combined to slowly drain the talent base. I’ll have to double check on this to make sure I didn’t miss better examples around the NFL but I’d have to believe that WR Drew Bennett was the worst big-money FA signing of the offseason. And now this: they have Linehan as HC, and vow to stick with him, even as fans turn on Linehan with increasing disdain. Good luck selling tickets in 2008.

INERTIA: do the players care? Where is the energy, the desperation? Have they quit on Linehan already? Why did we see underachieving DE Leonard Little and other Rams goofing and giggling with Dallas WR Terrell Owens after their team was busted up 35-7 by the Cowboys? This is unacceptable.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Why the Rams May Finish 0-16

And now this: they have Linehan as HC, and vow to stick with him, even as fans turn on Linehan with increasing disdain. Good luck selling tickets in 2008.
    Wait, did Bernie just slip in a nugget that the front office has told him they will be sticking with Linehan in 2008? I'd like to see him clarify that statement.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

They can think so all they want, but if the FO really does stick with him if we do actually somehow go 0-16(never done before by the way... by anyone), then I won't have faith in the Rams again until we get a new owner.

Hey, how much money do you think we as a clan could put together? Enough to buy the Rams?

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Looks like the I's have it!
    Linehan definitly has a problem with decision making, weather its leaving a injured Bulger in too long,waiting too long to bring in GUS or even knowing the right time to throw the red flag.
    0-16 is a real possibility with Linehan as HC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Romo2Superbowl Guest

oh cmon its not possible to go 0-16 in this league the talent level is to close

When jackson returns you guys will win at least a few games

blood85 Guest

0-16, that's scary to hear....but at this point, it is a possibility. With that being said, I don't think it will happen, and we should win a few games.

flaram1228 Guest

0-16 certainly is a possibility at this time. We couldn't even score with Jackson at full speed. The Rams really suck this year and weren't even that good with everyone healthy. Bulger is not what he used to be and his inaccuracy throwing the ball has caught up with him. When Holt and Bruce were a little bit faster they made up for the errant passes with their athleticism. It doesn't really matter though because this season if the Patriots stay healthy, there isn't nay team in the NFC that can beat them, IMHO. Good Luck next year lil Ram-O's. I've with guys since the days of Roman Gabriel and Jack Snow. It's getting harder and harder to keep doing it.:\

Romo2Superbowl Guest

I dont think the patriots are that far ahead if at all ahead of dallas, we will find out in 2 weeks

BigGameMN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by flaram1228 View Post
    Bulger is not what he used to be and his inaccuracy throwing the ball has caught up with him.
    I don't understand that. Bulger has had his problems before (getting rid of the ball) but accuracy never was one of them.

THoltDaBest81 is offline Registered User

Rams aren't going 0-16... Last year the Titans started 0-5 and ended up 8-8. I know they had Vince Young, but look who they didn't have. They had unknown recievers and I guess you could say a young and unexperienced defense. Now I know this year Rams have more talent than last years Titans. Wouldn't you say so???

Milan Guest

There's no way that we will go 0-16. It's just not very probable.

TommyG Guest

the league is way too balanced for the rams to go 0 and 16.

Hey look at it this way. At least our expectations weren't as high as say 1-3 chicago, 1-3 san diego, 1-3 philly, 0-3 New orleans. **** will buff out. It always does.

snackdaddy is offline Registered User

Unhappy Re: Why the Rams May Finish 0-16

Quote Originally Posted by THoltDaBest81 View Post
    Rams aren't going 0-16... Last year the Titans started 0-5 and ended up 8-8. I know they had Vince Young, but look who they didn't have. They had unknown recievers and I guess you could say a young and unexperienced defense. Now I know this year Rams have more talent than last years Titans. Wouldn't you say so???
    But the Titans didn't have Scott Linehan as their head coach.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Okay, the Rams "may" finish 0-16 -- as in could -- but that is probably as difficult as going 16-0. At least from laws of probabilities and other math marvels.

Have we already forgotten we started 0-5 five years ago? That season ended 7-9. Yes, yes, I know ... different HC, different players, and the earth was not as warm as it is in 2007.

I realize things are so gloomy and painful right now. I just don't think we will finish the season winless.

0-16. Good grief.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Wait, did Bernie just slip in a nugget that the front office has told him they will be sticking with Linehan in 2008? I'd like to see him clarify that statement.
    You're asking the wrong question.

The right question is: if the Front Office has lost faith in Linehan and is starting to think about making a change, do you think they'd let Bernie know that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast