Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Re: Why the Rams May Finish 0-16

An 0-16 season would surely guarantee us the 1st pick in the draft and that would be nice, but at least 1 team will fumble away a game to us. Plus we do still have the Fortuniners left on the schedule.

general counsel is offline Registered User

how can he criticize the bennett signing when the guy hasnt been healthy yet? its 4 games into a five year investment.

As for ferotte, i believe bernie is 100% correct. you have to give your team the best chance to win and with bulger as hurt as he was after sf, gus should have played vs tampa when we still had a season.

Lenny walls. Does anyone really believe that he is worse than the average nfl #4 corner. The fact that he cant cover a starter one on one explains why he is a depth guy only. I think the signing was fine for what it was intended to do. He wasnt supposed to be a starter and its not the front office's fault that brown is suspended and hill is hurt.

The bigger issue is lack of pass rush. We addressed that (allegedly) with james hall and that hasnt helped much. We get no push at all up the middle and leonard is not doing well at this point. Thus, without a pass rush, we are dead in coverage.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

How many possessions in a row have we failed to score a TD?

Very similar to the Pre-Season stats for our First team Offense.

It's not like we are a competitive 0-4, is my point.

If it's 3-13 versus the number one Pick - give me the number one pick anyday.

3-13 and 4-12 is overrated. If you are going to lose, might as well improve your team.

Truth is offline Registered User

Looking at the remaining opponents:

Cards (x2)
    Ravens
    Seahawks (x2)
    Browns
    Saints
    49er's
    Falcons
    Bengals
    Packers
    Steelers

There are probably 5 games that we have a chance of winning IF we play well, or the opposing team forgets to show up (Home against Cards, Browns, Saints, 49er's, Falcons). Chances are we won't win all of those five. We might only win one or two of those (maybe none). We could catch a break at the end of the season if the Packers have their division clinched, we might not have to face their starters. I'm thinking that given their current level of play, the Rams might win 3 games, and I think that is optomistic.

In short, prepare for the #1 draft pick. With our FO staff and Coaching staff I'm sure we'll be able to pick-up a really good QB we can turn into a wide receiver, or maybe even an O-Lineman we can turn into a TE.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Bernie has said on his radio show several times that historically the Rams front office doesn't like to cut a coach with money left in their contract. If you sign a head coach the theory is you let him do his thing for 3 years at a minimum. The injuries aren't Linehan's fault. The problem is that Linehan just doesn't seem to grasp the entire picture. As was the problem last year, he seems overwhelmed. Last year he corrected things but that o-line isn't going to get healthy again this year.

Bennett was a horrible signing only AFTER you spend money on McMichael. Both players were redundant. Rams needed a speedster to spread the defense, not ANOTHER possession receiver.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

How many possessions in a row have we failed to score a TD?
    Tony, I believe that number is 30 or 31. Somewhere around there. Longest in the league, anyway.
    give me the number one pick anyday. ... might as well improve your team.
    Tony, I hear what you're saying, but the problem is, unless one was to hit upon a franchise QB AND have need for a franchise QB, the top pick usually doesn't have the value to drastically improve a team. Fortunately, we have enough gaping holes on this roster to guarantee us an improvement next year. We'll pick top 5, maybe top 3, and there will certainly be a Long, Dorsey, Campbell, Phillips, etc., or whoever the top player at that particular position is next April will be available for the taking.

I just hope Softli and Co. have their game face on, AND Linehan and Co. recognize and rely on Softli, AND Shawgmunt and Co. keep their noses out of the process.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Hubison is knowledgeable and reasonable.

One can discuss things with Hubison.

The Browns, Bengals, Ravens, Falcons, and Saints all have weaknesses that can be exploited. SanFran and Cards are beatable.

I'll admit when you look at the schedule there seems to be ample opportunities.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano View Post
    Hubison is knowledgeable and reasonable.

One can discuss things with Hubison.

The Browns, Bengals, Ravens, Falcons, and Saints all have weaknesses that can be exploited. SanFran and Cards are beatable.

I'll admit when you look at the schedule there seems to be ample opportunities.
    Tony, your check is in the mail.

P.S. Can anyone imagine that just a month ago we were talking playoff contention.......now we're hoping for 3 or 4 "opportunities" this season. What a titanic (as in the boat that sank) September!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    They can think so all they want, but if the FO really does stick with him if we do actually somehow go 0-16(never done before by the way... by anyone), then I won't have faith in the Rams again until we get a new owner.

Hey, how much money do you think we as a clan could put together? Enough to buy the Rams?
    Tampa Bay Bucs went 0-16. Can't remember what year , buts it's been done.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    Tampa Bay Bucs went 0-16. Can't remember what year , buts it's been done.
    They went 0-14 in 1976 their first season. They lost 26 straight until 1977.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12