bruce4life is offline Registered User

why release Pace to draft an OT that will command a higher salary without proving...

himself in the NFL. Pace is a proven Commodity already in this league. 7 pro bowls.... We're gonna take Monroe or Smith and their gonna be the next Leonard Davis

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: why release Pace to draft an OT that will command a higher salary without proving

Who is to say the Rams wouldn't have drafted an OT WITH Pace? I don't think this move has anything to do with what the Rams have up their sleeve come draft day.

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: why release Pace to draft an OT that will command a higher salary without proving

And you know this....how? Come on, it is about youth movement and rebuilding. It is part of the NFL and the new regime is trying to make its mark for the future of this franchise. While I have much respect and thanks to Orlando Pace for what he has brought to this team, the new FO feels it is time to move on and I think that instantly proclaiming that Monroe or Smith is "gonna be the next Leonard Davis" is an extremely fatalistic comment... have a little faith.
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    himself in the NFL. Pace is a proven Commodity already in this league. 7 pro bowls.... We're gonna take Monroe or Smith and their gonna be the next Leonard Davis

Look, I see where ya'll coming from, but to diss Monroe and J. Smith as the next Leonard Davis is over the top, IMHO. Neither Monroe nor Smith is anything like Davis. L. Davis was and always will be a guard. I'm not sure which is going to be the better player-Smith or Monroe- but I have no doubt that they will both succeed as NFL-quality Offensive Tackles.

WHAT SAY YE?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    So many things wrong here...

First, there's no guarantee that the Rams will take an OT in the first round. They might move Barron to LT, draft a RT in Round 2 or 3, and go with a guy like Aaron Curry.

Second, do you really think Pace is the same player he was when he made the Pro Bowl every year?

Third, wow... you've already condemned both Monroe and Smith to Leonard Davis status. Couldn't one or both of them be the next Jake Long or Ryan Clady?

I understand your emotion. Your logic escapes me.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Obv it is not a for sure thing. But again obv i'm playing the hypoththetical game here. My dream is still to take an OT in the 2nd round and not Jason Smith or Monroe. I believe Curry is just too good of a player to pass up. For all we know we might sign someone like Khalif Barnes as well... We honeslty have no clue what the Front Office is gonna do at this junction.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Frankly, my favorite scenario would be: (1) take Curry at #2, (2) trade up from pick #35 to somewhere in the pick #20-#25 range (preferably without giving up this year's third round pick) and take Oher, Britton or Beatty, and then get a NT or WR in Round 3.