Rambos is offline Registered User

Why the Run D was not that bad the O was.

In the first half they kept things in check.

Second half the offense hung the D out to dry. Rams series and lack of productions.

Series one, three and out FG.
    Series two, three plays and a fumble.
    Series three, two plays and a fumble.
    Series four, three plays and a punt.
    That was the third quarter.

Fourth quarter.
    Series one three and out.
    Series two ten pass plays in a row time of possession 2:10
    Series three game was already over time of possession: 1:04

Not only did the offense not take care of the ball, not taking advantage of the great ST play. Did not take advantage of the turn over, created by the defense. They fumble the ball right back. The offense was our own worst enemy.

How can anyone think the D did not get worn out by the lack of help by our high-powered O.

One last note, it was a pass interference call that kept the first drive alive on third down and it was a deep pass that cost us 7.
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-10-2007 at 11:50 AM.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Why the Run D was not that bad the O was.

I think it was much more the offence's problem for this loss then the D. It could have been so much worse if it wasnt for the two fumble recoveries, and in the second half the O didnt look like it was even interested

Dr5150 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    I think it was much more the offence's problem for this loss then the D. It could have been so much worse if it wasnt for the two fumble recoveries, and in the second half the O didnt look like it was even interested

I feel that the TEAM is to blame! Pace gets hurt and the "O" starts crying. He is only one person, compensate for it, adjust, play the game and pick up the pieces. NO excuses. The "D" has had to pick up the slack for years, it's your job, just to it with pride.

Rambos is offline Registered User

4-J.Kasay kicks 71 yards from CAR 30 to SL -1. 82-D.Hall to CAR 17 for 84 yards (31-R.Marshall).
    1-10-CAR 17 (14:47) 39-S.Jackson right tackle to CAR 18 for -1 yards (77-K.Jenkins, 55-D.Morgan).
    2-11-CAR 18 (14:12) 10-M.Bulger pass short right to 81-T.Holt to CAR 17 for 1 yard (20-C.Gamble).
    3-10-CAR 17 (13:33) (Shotgun) 10-M.Bulger pass short left to 81-T.Holt to CAR 10 for 7 yards (55-D.Morgan).
    4-3-CAR 10 (12:55) 14-J.Wilkins 28 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-45-C.Massey, Holder-89-D.Looker.
    CAR 7 SL 13 Plays: 4 Possession: 2:09

From the 17 yard line one run and two give up short pass plays. Where is the TE, why no pass plays into the end zone.

All these weapons and they don't even take a shot.

This O was going to give the D room to make a few mistakes, not the other way around.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

I cannot understand for the life of me why aren't throwing to McMichael 6-8 times a game ...

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    I cannot understand for the life of me why aren't throwing to McMichael 6-8 times a game ...
    I watched the replay last night and saw McMichael open on at least 4 plays that could have been big yards.

We carry 4 TE's on the active roster, and 4 RB's and get no production from either.

They better come up with a real game plan this week.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Not only did the offense not take care of the ball, not taking advantage of the great ST play. Did not take advantage of the turn over, created by the defense. They fumble the ball right back. The offense was our own worst enemy.

How can anyone think the D did not get worn out by the lack of help by our high-powered O.
    Agreed. The offense did not get it done and it put the defense under the gun late. Despite the adversity, the defense held their own most of the game and kept things close. Midway through the 4th quarter, the score was a manageble 17-13 before the Panthers were able to exploit an exhausted Rams defense.

When the offense starts to produce, the defense will show the improvement that is expected of them.

Flaw is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    In the first half they kept things in check.

Second half the offense hung the D out to dry. Rams series and lack of productions.

Series one, three and out FG.
    Series two, three plays and a fumble.
    Series three, two plays and a fumble.
    Series four, three plays and a punt.
    That was the third quarter.

Fourth quarter.
    Series one three and out.
    Series two ten pass plays in a row time of possession 2:10
    Series three game was already over time of possession: 1:04

One last note, it was a pass interference call that kept the first drive alive on third down and it was a deep pass that cost us 7.
    TOTALLY agree, I think the defense did OK for the most part. They had to have been worn out with how much they were on the field.

The offense made me want to vomit. We've got to do better than that.