Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Why should he take less than walter jones?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    We need that money to pay players committed to the Rams.. Our future stars
    and to be able to be somewhat aggressive in Free Agency..

Pace is on the downside of his career, especially with his workout habits.

Imagine his attitude after signing a BIG, FAT GUARANTEED Contract.

So was Jackie Slater who only played 18 yrs. Pace is only 29 and thats not old for an ot and is far from the downside of his career. No offense but that comment is just stupid soprano. Pace is one of the best tackles in the league and far,far better than anything we currently have under contract. No seasoned veteran likes camp, and from the looks of things the last few years missing camp hasnt really hurt him. If he goes the Rams wont make the playoffs with a patchwork o-line. I dont care what rookie the Rams draft the hole Pace leaves wont be filled by a rookie. I think what some of you dont understand is that more than almost any other team the Rams have to have a very good o-line. The deep routes our wr's run take time something Bulger needs to be effective. Take away Pace and we lose what solid line play weve had from that side and plug in a rookie or average tackle a'la Sapaia and this team will go 5-11.

GO RAMS RE-TOOL FOR 05 :ramlogo:

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

I disagree with you.

I think you'll find players careers are shorter (much shorter) then they were in Jackie Slater's era. The Vikings had about 3 players on their Defensive Line
    that played 15 years. One played over 20 years (Jim Marshall).

In Today's NFL, the players are much larger.. One problem with that is that the Joints and Tendons are still the same as 1940. So, injuries are much more common. I don't think Jim Marshall missed a game in 20+ years and some of his teammates weren't far behind. You'll never see that again.

In Today's NFL, players get old quick. Pace is no Jackie Slater.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Careers are shorter youre right about that but how much? Pace is still playing at a high level right now. I see no reason he cat play untill he is 35 do you. Thats 6 more years and the chances for the Rams to get a tackle in there with the skills Pace has is slim to none. Who are we going to put at LT if Pace goes? A rookie,a player from the Texans, I just dont see the value in it. I mean you kind of have to contain yourself when you see we are getting another 1st round pick. I dont look at it that way we are losing an All-Pro and getting a pick and maybe a lesser player for him. So the 13th pick isnt a luxury it's a necessity. We have to find someone to fill that hole not to mention we don't really have a RT either. Now we need 2 tackles instead of one, I just dont see value in a trade for Pace.

GO RAMS RE-TOOL FOR 05 :ramlogo:

Ramsfan8503 is offline Registered User

and you even half to look at the fact that the past years our first rounders havent done that great (with the exception of jackson). kennedy has taken too long to progress in what he does, the kids a dip sh** when it comes to understanding the game. pickett has been with us for 5 years and what credit can we give him? i think this is too much of a risk, i say keep pace, we cant have two rookies protecting our beloved quaterback!
    :ramlogo:

T.S.A.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12