View Poll Results: Why is Stan teasing the media/fans about L.A.?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because he's planning to move the team.

7 11.86%
  • Because he's undecided, but open to moving the team.

11 18.64%
  • Because he's trying to create/maintain leverage for his STL negotiations.

28 47.46%
  • He's not. It just the media and fans reading into things.

13 22.03%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Why is Stan Kroenke teasing the media/fans about the possibility of an L.A. return?

Mikey is online now Registered User

Re: Why is Stan Kroenke teasing the media/fans about the possibility of an L.A. retur

He happens to read all the Rams message boards/forums. He has a running bet with the other NFL owners to see how many of these type of threads he can start every off season. I'd say so far this year we're off to a record pace.
    RealRam likes this.

VegasRam is online now Ram MVP
    What's really a crack-up here Is that people actually believe any governmental body, made up of politicians and sycophants, is going to outthink or outsmart or out negotiate a self made billionaire, who actually works for a living.

(This is not directed at St. Louis - the convention authority here in Vegas wrote the book on corruption).

(And Jigga, I know there are other intersecting freeways in the area - the site still sucks). They would require HUGE and extensive redevelopment (ala Indianapolis) to make it work.

Don't think it will happen. City of Industry, on the other hand...
    jjigga3000 and Mikey like this.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: Why is Stan Kroenke teasing the media/fans about the possibility of an L.A. retur

Stan Kroenke isn't teasing anyone. He is a businessman who is doing his thing. Fans will naturally have a curiosity about his dealings, especially relating to the St. Louis Rams and as such, will speculate and conclude a variety of things based on his actions. Everyone here is smart enough to know that every public figure be it a politician, owner, entertainer, sports figure or company president will be coy when it comes to answering questions about some big issue. And when the time comes, Stan will reveal his "grand plan"- if there even is one.
    evil disco man likes this.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    People believe things because they WANT to believe them..
    Ha, no kidding.

I believe Stan will try to keep the Rams in STL in good faith. I also believe if he doesn't get what he wants, all bets are off.

We've all seen it plenty of times. The Baltimore Colts. The original Cleveland Browns. The former Seattle Supersonics in basketball. The Rams' initial move to Saint Louis.

But Stan won't move the Rams because he's named after Cardinals players? What? He won't move the team because California is expensive? Huh?

I think he's open to staying as well as moving. Everything has a price.
    RealRam and evil disco man like this.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    What's really a crack-up here Is that people actually believe any governmental body, made up of politicians and sycophants, is going to outthink or outsmart or out negotiate a self made billionaire, who actually works for a living.
    Would you let me know who believes that please? Thanks.

VegasRam is online now Ram MVP
    Sure - whoever believes SK will use this land purchase as leverage. He already has the upper hand.
    jjigga3000 likes this.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

He's a real estate guru. He buys land, that's what he does.

Silent Stan is silent for a reason. Let the media make of it what they want. Looks like it's all working in his favor, even if he just wanted to slap some malls on it to begin with.
    Last edited by evil disco man; -02-12-2014 at 08:07 PM.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by evil disco man View Post
    He's a real estate guru. He buys land, that's what he does.

Silent Stan is silent for a reason. Let the media make of it what they want. Looks like it's all working in his favor, even if he just wanted to slap some malls on it to begin with.
    It is probably the real estate version of BPA, or actually BLA from Stan's perspective. The good news for Stan is as regards his real estate empire there is no roster limit or salary cap involved. Kroenke is IMO doing business as usual, as he's been a real estate tycoon long before he bought the Rams.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Kevin Demoff was on ESPN the other day and he did say that after the news came out about the land the Rams have had more calls from some of the powers that be asking what they can do. If it's not a leverage play it sure is working like one.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    I found a website post from January 10, 2007, that stated that a Los Angeles sportswriter was granted access to the owner's suite at the EJD in December 2006, where he asked then owner Georgia Frontiere if the Rams were ever going back to Los Angeles. Supposedly, she said that they would be back "home" by the start of the 2007 season.

The sad thing is that people actually believed it.

People believe things because they WANT to believe them. I am sure many of you heard about the 1938 broadcast of "War of the Worlds"...people who heard this radio play actually believed Martians were attacking Earth. Men grabbed their guns and went alien hunting. A sixty minute radio play resulted in mass panic...and the same phenomenon is present with those wanting the Rams to move back to their former home.

What is the funniest of all - there is a group in LA that supports bringing back the Raiders. They say the Rams won't come back, but the Raiders will. The group that supports bringing back the Rams says just the opposite - that the Rams will come back, but the Raiders never will.
    Listen I get that you're threatened by the move to L.A. the question is when it happens will you still root for the Rams like L.A. fans do.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Stan is a real estate guy, he was before he brought controlling shares of the team. I want to make this clear HE IS NOT OBLIGATED TO NOTIFY THE NFL OF ANY BUSINESS DEALINGS THAT DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH FOOTBALL So ask yourself the question, why did he notify the NFL of this particular transaction?
    LA Rammer and hawaiianpunch like this.

hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

Well recently I have been following some Facebook pages, social media is a big impact as we all know and sometimes can be annoying. But There are two in particular that jump out to me.

First being the "Keep the Rams in STL!" Facebook page. This guy recently appeared on the Fox 2 STL news station and is getting a lot of press trying to keep the rams in STL. He currently has 5,384 followers on his page.

Then there is the one I follow "Bring Back the Los Angeles rams!" This page has 30,920 followers.

If I was an owner I would really be taking this into account. Numbers don't lie and social media now has a large impact on popularity with the young, plus team and apparel advertisement.

Just saying, if i was Stan, i would be packing my bags. I still don't feel STL supports the rams from watching every game on streams for the past 5 seasons. But then again there is a factor that STL is an older town with a much older crowd. So what are the real numbers. Im still with bringing the rams to LA as a bias, because I grew up an LA rams fan. Either way I'm a rams fan till I die.
    LA Rammer and Randart like this.

supachump is online now Registered User

Of course there will be more followers for the LA page. But you aren't taking something into account.

If you want to go by those silly numbers. You should compensate for population of the metro areas. Using your Facebook follower numbers and the census numbers I could find, that means .001854 of St. Louis' population is following (*) the St. Louis page and .001695 of the LA population is following the LA page.

-Just saying

(*) I'm making an assumption (which obviously is not true, but I don't have the data to figure any other way) that every follower of the St.Louis page lives in St.Louis and every LA page follower lives in LA.
    hawaiianpunch likes this.

hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

I did actually take that into account but by this factor as i stated "But then again there is a factor that STL is an older town with a much older crowd. So what are the real numbers."

Plus the person who owns the keep rams in STL page is getting a lot of news press but is still not showing up with mass support. He has been on 3 separate news stations and is trying to get the rams to stay by making that page blow up for all we know could be for nothing. Keep in mind after those news appearances at 6pm. He has not had much of a following.

There is a reason i did not also compare the data that you did which is probably really bogus like you said "i dont have the data to figure any other way" and not an actual head count which would take a lot of time to do. Thpugh there is an active movement to get the rams to come to LA. like i said earlier what is the true numbers, but there seems to be some clear masses of support to bring the rams to LA, basically i was Just saying. But again social media has a large impact now days, a really large impact. I used it to help my brother in law advertise his business, it quickly did well and blew up from a facebook page, so creating a movement is always the first step to a revolution. But then again were just talking theory right now.
    Last edited by hawaiianpunch; -02-27-2014 at 01:37 PM.
    LA Rammer likes this.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

All I know is that I live in Orange County, work in LA county and there is still a very large fan base here that still support the Rams. The corporation for which my company is a part of is based in St. Louis. Whenever any representatives from St. Louis come to town, which is often, I ask them about the Rams. They will talk your head off about the Cardinals, however....

The response regarding the Rams is always, "The Rams? ..........meh." Not one of them has shown any amount of loyalty or concern about the Rams leaving. Not one. It's sad, really.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast