View Poll Results: Why is Stan teasing the media/fans about L.A.?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because he's planning to move the team.

7 11.86%
  • Because he's undecided, but open to moving the team.

11 18.64%
  • Because he's trying to create/maintain leverage for his STL negotiations.

28 47.46%
  • He's not. It just the media and fans reading into things.

13 22.03%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Why is Stan Kroenke teasing the media/fans about the possibility of an L.A. return?

zgare is offline Registered User
    I go out to LA on business a lot to our major supplier. I mentioned that I am a Rams season ticket holder and they had no idea what I was talking about. Pro football is completely off their radar. They barely knew what I was talking about when I asked if any of them were going to a Dodgers Cardinals playoff game. Nobody from there attended or even considered the possibility apparently. They know of the Lakers and Clippers but apparently never go to a game. It is sad really. LA is just not that into sports.

ZGare

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Re: Why is Stan Kroenke teasing the media/fans about the possibility of an L.A. retur

Quote Originally Posted by zgare View Post
    I go out to LA on business a lot to our major supplier. I mentioned that I am a Rams season ticket holder and they had no idea what I was talking about. Pro football is completely off their radar. They barely knew what I was talking about when I asked if any of them were going to a Dodgers Cardinals playoff game. Nobody from there attended or even considered the possibility apparently. They know of the Lakers and Clippers but apparently never go to a game. It is sad really. LA is just not that into sports.
    You're kidding right?
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

RealRam is online now Registered User

Re: Why is Stan Kroenke teasing the media/fans about the possibility of an L.A. retur

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    You're kidding right?

LOL!

Perhaps Z was in a Los Angeles 'barrio' of mostly senior Latinos (very senior) that are removed from the social media -- as I am -- and mostly aware of soccer sports in a generally isolated context.

My father in Mexico, for example, he would not have known of any L.A. team other than the Dodgers, and a few famous boxing stars from that area of the 30-50s. Well, he may have heard of the 'Carneros' [Rams] from his young acquaintances but nothing detailed. He passed in 1989 so the Rams were still in L.A.

No, wait ... he DID know of the Rams because I was a real fan back then! "ˇVivan los Carneros!"

Other than that, it's hard to believe Southern CA people would be that oblivious to NFL teams.
    Last edited by RealRam; -03-09-2014 at 05:10 PM. Reason: ˇVivan los Carneros!

turbofargo is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    What you forget is that the 405 is not the only accessible freeway system near that area you have the 105 accessible from ElSegundo, and the 90 from Slauson, which empties to the 405 or Pacific Coast Highway. and the 10.
    HAHAHAHA!!! Have you ever seen SNL's The Californians? OMG that made me think of that! :-D

Also I picked one, but that is selfish reasons. Love to have my Rams back and take my son to games like my dad took me :-D

RamFan876 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    All I know is that I live in Orange County, work in LA county and there is still a very large fan base here that still support the Rams. The corporation for which my company is a part of is based in St. Louis. Whenever any representatives from St. Louis come to town, which is often, I ask them about the Rams. They will talk your head off about the Cardinals, however....

The response regarding the Rams is always, "The Rams? ..........meh." Not one of them has shown any amount of loyalty or concern about the Rams leaving. Not one. It's sad, really.
    Let's look at the last 10 years between the two teams. The Rams have not been above .500 any of those years and made it to the playoffs once (2004). Meanwhile the Cardinals have only had one season below .500, have been to the World Series four times, and were World Series champions twice.

With that said, I do believe that fans in St. Louis are just waiting for the team to be competitive again. It just doesn't help when the Cardinals play into November and the Rams are already out of playoff contention. How can anyone possibly be shocked that the Rams are on the back burner in St. Louis?

zgare is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    You're kidding right?
    No. I have never heard anyone at this company in LA mention that they ever went to any pro sporting event out there. They are somewhat aware from TV. Maybe it is too much traffic. Seems like half are 2nd generation international transplants. Half are from other parts of the US.

I am a Charter Rams PSL holder and buy 1/4 into a Cards ST pool. Buying season tickets seems way off the radar for my counterparts in LA. Maybe they live way out or have to spend so much on housing. I know they work odd hours to avoid traffic.
    ZGare

Mikey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan876 View Post
    Let's look at the last 10 years between the two teams. The Rams have not been above .500 any of those years and made it to the playoffs once (2004). Meanwhile the Cardinals have only had one season below .500, have been to the World Series four times, and were World Series champions twice.

With that said, I do believe that fans in St. Louis are just waiting for the team to be competitive again. It just doesn't help when the Cardinals play into November and the Rams are already out of playoff contention. How can anyone possibly be shocked that the Rams are on the back burner in St. Louis?
    And yet Cleveland hasn't had a winning football season since about the Reagan administration but managed to draw 15k more a game than the Rams. Granted that's about what the Indians drew and won 92 games. If St Louis fans wanted to support the Rams they could do it whether they win or not and whether their baseball team wins or not.

RealRam is online now Registered User

Why, they even have their own "Bring Back the L.A. Rams" website!

Visit (copy, paste): LosAngelesrams.org/

ABOUT US - Excerpt

Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams was founded on November 13, 2009 by Andrew Hogan, an Orange County native and a student at the University of California, Berkeley, made a bold step. Though he had only been a preschooler when the team had departed, he had grown up on stories about the great L.A. Rams teams and players. Inspired by those memories passed down to him, Hogan created Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams on Facebook on November 13, 2009. At first, the page was only a modest forum for L.A. Rams fans to get together and share memories as well as speculate about the team’s future, but it would soon grow into much more than that.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

How funny. St. Louis has their own website to keep the Rams in St. Louis, as well as the 2nd most important Rams address (after The ClanRam Forums - ClanRam.com of course), and that address being One Rams Way, in Earth City, MO. Or, alternatively, 901 N. Broadway, St. Louis, MO, would also suffice.

Either way, we haven't heard a single word since all the unsubstantiated rumors were spread a month ago. That tells me one thing....

We know nothing.
    RealRam likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan876 View Post

If a team isn't spending money or appears indifferent to winning, I could understand a lack of support. Certainly, the Rams' track record over the last 10 years doesn't help matters any. But if a team has an owner who has spent money (yes), a coach with a proven track record (yes), promising young talent (yes), and a #1 pick QB with the potential to be successful (yes) , there is no excuse not to go to games if you consider yourself a fan, live in the area and can afford it.

Jumping on the bandwagon when a team becomes successful is as lame as it gets.
    Truth and BIG-BLUE like this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Originally Posted by RamFan876

When St Louis lost the Cardinals and where without a football team they where very aggressive in getting a knew one. They spent cash to acquire the Rams and made a large long term commitment with Tax dollars. It would be sad if the tax payers are still paying for the dome and the Rams have left. One of the things the Rams need to prove before they can leave is to show they have done all they can do and the fans do not come out and support the team. NJ has pointed out that the Rams are doing a lot of the right things to win, it just has not happened. It's not like the Rams are dysfunctional like say the Browns. The Rams had a regime change due to a death and most of the long term FO players where being fazed out over the last ten years. In the first ten years the Rams did win a SB and went to another, made the playoffs more the a lot of teams. The Rams relocated in 1995 and won a SB in 1999-2000 it's hard for me to say the Rams have not put a good product on the field. Has the last ten years been bad sure but that happen when owners change, or pass just ask a Lakers fan. Sometimes your kids can't run a business that you had a handle on.
    Last edited by Rambos; -03-07-2014 at 12:49 PM.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    If a team isn't spending money or appears indifferent to winning, I could understand a lack of support. Certainly, the Rams' track record over the last 10 years doesn't help matters any. But if a team has an owner who has spent money (yes), a coach with a proven track record (yes), promising young talent (yes), and a #1 pick QB with the potential to be successful (yes) , there is no excuse not to go to games if you consider yourself a fan, live in the area and can afford it.

Jumping on the bandwagon when a team becomes successful is as lame as it gets.
    I am not disagreeing with you in any way that the town should fill the stadium, but I do disagree with your excuse as to why. All of the things you mention did not happen until after the RAMS refused to commit to St. Louis. If I am one of the (mostly) "I want to be seen at the game-bandwagon jumping" PSL owners, I wouldn't attend the games either. Those types of PSL holders (I would say 60-80%) sell their tickets or write them off their business taxes if they don't sell. They only go to the games when they want to be seen there, and they can't scalp their tickets for big money.

This is another reason the attendance is so low. Real fans that cannot afford PSLs cannot get tickets unless the PSL holder sells them. They do have an option to buy tickets that aren't owned by a PSL holder, but they can only buy four games worth of tickets per household. There are just too many restrictions to keep the average (even "real" fans) fan away.

gap

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Lol that has got to be the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard come out of the mouth of an adult. You are kidding right?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

It's one thing to talk to a few people and make an uninformed opinion, it's another to look at the facts.

Here are the facts --

Clippers/2013-14 - 100.7 attendance %
    Lakers/2013-14 - 99.2 attendance %
    Dodgers/2013 - 82.5 attendance % (6th best % in MLB, #1 in total attendance)
    Kings/2013-14 - 109.7 attendance %

Figures from ESPN

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    It's one thing to talk to a few people and make an uninformed opinion, it's another to look at the facts.

Here are the facts --

Clippers/2013-14 - 100.7 attendance %
    Lakers/2013-14 - 99.2 attendance %
    Dodgers/2013 - 82.5 attendance % (6th best % in MLB, #1 in total attendance)
    Kings/2013-14 - 109.7 attendance %

Figures from ESPN
    We also support SC and UCLA... The Angles, the Ducks in no particular order.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast