View Poll Results: Why is Stan teasing the media/fans about L.A.?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because he's planning to move the team.

7 11.86%
  • Because he's undecided, but open to moving the team.

11 18.64%
  • Because he's trying to create/maintain leverage for his STL negotiations.

28 47.46%
  • He's not. It just the media and fans reading into things.

13 22.03%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Why is Stan Kroenke teasing the media/fans about the possibility of an L.A. return?

zgare is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Not necessarily. The NFL is making money off of LA as it stands due to media contracts. Besides, it appears that Mark Davis has given Oakland an ultimatum...meaning that the Raiders are still the front runner for LA. That is, if anyone does go there.
    How about expansion?

ZGare

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

Re: Why is Stan Kroenke teasing the media/fans about the possibility of an L.A. retur

Quote Originally Posted by zgare View Post
    How about expansion?
    The NFL already has too many small market teams (e.g. Jacksonville). More improtantly for what is truly a national game, 32 teams and 16 game regular season makes scheduling a breeeze compared with having 33 teams, etc.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: Why is Stan Kroenke teasing the media/fans about the possibility of an L.A. retur

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    I love the big NYC, NJ! I have been there once in October during a heatwave, 3 years ago I think it was. Me and the wife saw the Rams play the Bucs then flew up there to see my buddy on Long Island. Are you going to the Philly game this year? PA and I are, thinking about spending a week there and seeing some of our country's history. Maybe we can meet up for dinner? I also would like to surf NY some day too. Any way, yes I do enjoy it here and yes of course there is something wrong with me...

I don't have any issue with St. Louis other than the lady never to be named took my team and placed them there. I have been there twice and I have a good friend that lives there. That being so stated, I wouldn't want to see them move, unless it was back to LA of course. But there always statements that I will react to:

The LA fans did not support the team. False, we supported the team and not owner.
    LA Fans are not real sports fans. False, season tickets, tatoos, children and pets named after sports hero's (My son after Jim Everett and James Worthy).
    California is broke. False, the California economy is the 12th largest in the WORLD.

Things I wont defend and actually make fun of:
    LA fans show up late and leave early. Hell yes, traffic does suck here, getting home is a contact sport in itself and we can listen to the game on the radio if need be.
    LA Sports fans are fickle: Yup. We have all kinds of things we can be doing and sitting there at Anaheim Stadium while the Rams lost to the Redskins as we all knew the owner was taking the team away, was too much for some. I stuck around though.
    LA Fans are spoiled. Hell yes, now can I get my latte for crying out loud and where is my masseuse!?

Bottom line if Stan decides to bring the team back, there will boatloads of cash for him and an immediate return of 75% of the original fans. And if he puts a team on the field that has a chance every year to achieve something other than mediocrity, all the more better!

You make a lot of sense with all you say regarding the Rams stadium issue, MoonJoe.

Long Island is a nice part of NY- very different from the city, needless to say. Plenty of tourist attractions in the Philly area as well, but be forewarned: Eagles fans are not the most hospitable bunch in the world...

If the Rams play in the area this coming season, you can bet I'll be there- and dinner or a get together would be great. Have never met any Clan members yet!
    MoonJoe likes this.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    You make a lot of sense with all you say regarding the Rams stadium issue, MoonJoe.

Long Island is a nice part of NY- very different from the city, needless to say. Plenty of tourist attractions in the Philly area as well, but be forewarned: Eagles fans are not the most hospitable bunch in the world...

If the Rams play in the area this coming season, you can bet I'll be there- and dinner or a get together would be great. Have never met any Clan members yet!
    Yeah PA said we can't wear our jersey's so I'm ok with that. I used to wear them at the Coliseum for Rams vs. Rahdahs, but it was still LA. I still felt comfortable there. Anyway, let's plan on meeting up when we know when the game happens!

Joe
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyhater View Post
    The NFL already has too many small market teams (e.g. Jacksonville). More improtantly for what is truly a national game, 32 teams and 16 game regular season makes scheduling a breeeze compared with having 33 teams, etc.
    Ok. So if LA takes the Rams, St. Louis will instantly become the largest metro without a team and the NFL is right back where they were. St. Louis is about in the middle of metro area size for NFL teams. So if the NFL wants to fix the small metro problem, move a smaller metro team to LA. By the way, as long as a community fans supports a team, the NFL says they won't vote to let it move. Stan will have a hard time saying St Louis didn't support this team in spite of 10 years of non-winning seasons. He would have to show how much money he lost. Or raked in. The arbitration panel just said that the dome here is not in the upper 8 out of 32. LA has no stadium in upper eight either. I'm not sure any open stadium should rank in the upper eight anymore.
    ZGare

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I think the PSL system sucks, but the fact that St. Louis PSL owners are giving up unwanted tickets to opposing fans instead of seeking out other Rams fans speaks volumes about the apathetic Rams fan base in St. Louis. I live an hour from the Meadowlands- and around here, you wouldn't see a Giants fan selling seat licenses to Eagles fans or Jets fans in a million years.
    I don't know how it is now, as I moved from St. Louis 11 years ago, but no PSL owners I found 'gave up' tickets they didn't want. When I tried to buy tickets from sources outside the RAMS' 'box office', they were selling at least double face value. Even the scalpers out on the sidewalks were selling well above face value.

Now, selling to fans of other teams? It really is hard to tell who you're selling tickets to, as people can claim to be a RAMS fan when they aren't, but I wish there was a way to limit selling to opponent's fans. If I was in charge of policing that, I would note how many times a seat had an opposing team's fan in it during the season. If it was more than three games in a season, the PSL owner would be given a notice that they were in jepardy of losing their PSL. If it happened again in either of the next two seasons, the PSLs would be lost.

I also believe that any PSL that is 'lost', or is not maintained, becomes open seats. The PSL can no longer be issued to anyone else. This would free up seats for general admission, or become annually available as open season tickets.

gap

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

I'm so tired of this thread. I keep thinking it's going to sink to the bottom but somehow it continues to float to the top. Now we're talking about condition precedents for PSL's?

Can a mod please close this thing? pretty please? With a cherry carved into a Rams helmet on top?

Why is Stan Kroenke teasing the media/fans about the possibility of an L.A. return?-train-happy-train-got-derailed.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    I don't know how it is now, as I moved from St. Louis 11 years ago, but no PSL owners I found 'gave up' tickets they didn't want. When I tried to buy tickets from sources outside the RAMS' 'box office', they were selling at least double face value. Even the scalpers out on the sidewalks were selling well above face value.

Now, selling to fans of other teams? It really is hard to tell who you're selling tickets to, as people can claim to be a RAMS fan when they aren't, but I wish there was a way to limit selling to opponent's fans. If I was in charge of policing that, I would note how many times a seat had an opposing team's fan in it during the season. If it was more than three games in a season, the PSL owner would be given a notice that they were in jepardy of losing their PSL. If it happened again in either of the next two seasons, the PSLs would be lost.

I also believe that any PSL that is 'lost', or is not maintained, becomes open seats. The PSL can no longer be issued to anyone else. This would free up seats for general admission, or become annually available as open season tickets.

gap
    I am a PSL holder. As I noted earlier, when I buy tickets from my friends and sit with them, I post my tickets on the Rams ticket resale page, and THEY sell them to people from other teams, not me. How would I control the Rams?
    ZGare

How many of you fans of moving the Rams to LA are current season ticket holders of one of your other sports teams in LA? Just curious?
    ZGare

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

St. Louis is about in the middle of metro area size for NFL teams. So if the NFL wants to fix the small metro problem, move a smaller metro team to LA.

A lot of the people who live in the "metro area" don't want to go into St. Louis proper. St. Louis is now the 59th ranked city in terms of population. I did go the Jones Dome for a game once. It was a horrible experience, largely because Warner got injured and the Cowboys won on a last second field goal, leading to us be taunted by the Cowboy fans standing on hydrants outside. My $90+ tickets were Row VV, and there were as many Cowboy fans as Rams fans. I was told that the Rams sell out only because there are businesses that will buy the tickets that the Rams don't sell. There were Rams' fans there, but after living amidst Giants, Bears, Packers and Redskins fans, their presence was comparatively underwhelming.

I think that the St. Louis can support an NFL franchise, but I also think that Columbus, OH could,too.

The NFL would be willing to sacrifice the 59th largest city/18th largest Metro area to get #2. Certainly, the league wasn't hurting after the Cards' move. But then, they'd also be willing to sacrifice Jacksonville. Minnesota has a history that makes it harder to move, and that national fan base is sizeable. The attraction of the Rams returning for the NFL is of course the Rams own history there.

GroundChuck is offline Registered User

Buying season tickets seems way off the radar for my counterparts in LA. Maybe they live way out or have to spend so much on housing. I know they work odd hours to avoid traffic.
    Maybe you can explain then why the Dodgers had to suspend season ticket sales fora while this year due to overwhelming demand.

Quote Originally Posted by GroundChuck View Post
    Maybe you can explain then why the Dodgers had to suspend season ticket sales fora while this year due to overwhelming demand.
    Hey, a Rams fan from LA tried to paint all of St. Louis as being indifferent to the Rams because a few people people he works with in St Louis were not big Rams fans. As a charter PSL holder in St Louis, I had to share my experience with the LA people I work with on a regular basis. They just didn't show the same awareness of sports that we have in St Louis for our sports teams. We sell more baseball seats each year than the size of our metro area. BUT the point is you can't label a metro area by your experience with few residents you work with. They may not be representative. It is not a scientific and not fair.

I am a 19 year Rams PSL season ticket holder. And I own 1/4 of St Louis Cardinal Baseball season tickets. I am waiting to hear how many of you are season ticket holders of LA teams. Just curious.
    ZGare

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Hey, a Rams fan from LA tried to paint all of St. Louis as being indifferent to the Rams because a few people people he works with in St Louis were not big Rams fans. As a charter PSL holder in St Louis, I had to share my experience with the LA people I work with on a regular basis. They just didn't show the same awareness of sports that we have in St Louis for our sports teams. We sell more baseball seats each year than the size of our metro area. BUT the point is you can't label a metro area by your experience with few residents you work with. They may not be representative. It is not a scientific and not fair.

I am a 19 year Rams PSL season ticket holder. And I own 1/4 of St Louis Cardinal Baseball season tickets. I am waiting to hear how many of you are season ticket holders of LA teams. Just curious.
    To answer your question..... My company owns 4 box seats at Anaheim Stadium for the Angels, so I don't need to buy season tickets for baseball beause I have access to just about any game I want, but would if I didn't have them available through work. I do not follow the NBA and couldn't care less about the Lakers or Clippers. I owned a pair of season tickets for the Anaheim Ducks for many years but didn't renew a few years ago because the prices were getting crazy and I work a lot of late nights and can't make a lot of games, so it didn't make financial sense. I also have part ownership in season ticket packages for the UCLA Bruins.

We have two MLB teams, two NBA teams, two NHL teams, the Bruins and Trojans, and ALL of them have great attendance figures, year in and year out. We also have the Galaxy for those that follow soccer (I do not) NASCAR and Surf Festivals as well as Professional Beach volleyball that draws hundreds of thousands each year.

Yeah, We're just not that aware of sports here.....
    LA Rammer likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

This thread is yet another that is dividing RAMS fans, and pitting LA against St. Louis. Can it please be locked?

We need to go back to the rule of only allowing one thread on the subject of moving the RAMS to LA (or anywhere).

Thanks!

gap

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    This thread is yet another that is dividing RAMS fans, and pitting LA against St. Louis. Can it please be locked?

We need to go back to the rule of only allowing one thread on the subject of moving the RAMS to LA (or anywhere).

Thanks!

gap

Agreed.

And my response to the thinly veiled taunts from MO fans to CA fans before the thread is closed...
    I don't have any season tickets for any LA team. So you win.

Oh wait, but my family of 5 has 6 Rams PSL's.... aaaaaand you lose.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast