STLRAMSFAN Guest

Smile Why such the gloom and doom about a new coach?

Mike Martz is 11-15 over his last 26 games as a coach. He might be good but that don’t mean we can’t get a good replacement. Lets be positive about this if Martz comes back good if he don’t then who cares lets look forward. You can’t tell me that everyone is just picking on Martz and he has had absolutely nothing to do with his problems with the FO. I must say that the owner and FO deserve some blame in the handling of the matter. But who is to say that Martz is not one of the primary people responsible for the issues. He is a control freak and may have over stepped his bounds in some areas we don’t know.

Lets not be Nay Sayers about our future coach who ever that maybe.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -10-30-2005 at 12:03 PM.

Truth is offline Registered User

Re: Why such the gloom and doom about a new coach?

To be honest, I've always felt that Martz was a better OC than HC. However, unless the Rams fix their front office problems, NO coach will be able to take this team anywhere. This organization needs new ownership and management. Not just a change in coaching personnel.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Anyone who thinks the Rams are going to get a premiere coordinator or coach needs to wake up from their dream and wipe the crud from their eyelids.

The Rams front office situation is in such disarray that it's hard to imagine anyone available of any skill or knowledge is going to choose St. Louis over the number of other coaching opportunities likely to open up this offseason. And consider that some of the best are probably going to stay right where they are.

I have no doubt the Rams will be able to find a capable head coach eventually, and who knows, maybe the person they do hire next will develop into a good head coach. But I think Tony Soprano said it best:

"To me, it's a forgone conclusion that the next coach will NOT BE THE BEST COACH FOR THE TEAM, but the best coach for the front office."

The front office does not like Martz and wants to push him out. If (more like when) they're successful, they'll want someone they can agree with, someone who "knows their role" and works well with them. The Rams may be able to hire a great candidate, but I'd think chances are the best people aren't going to want to come into this situation, and the front office will put someone in power they can control.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    "To me, it's a forgone conclusion that the next coach will NOT BE THE BEST COACH FOR THE TEAM, but the best coach for the front office."
    I hate to say it, but I have to agree. This organization is completely disfunctional. It has been for many years. It's amazing that they could hold it together in 1999. I forsee some more difficult years for Rams fans.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Last time I looked, Mike martz was still the Head Coach, so until something changes, I will just get on with the season.