bruce4life is offline Registered User

Why the sudden drop in production...

From last season to this season? I just don't get the lack of effort on both sides of ball.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Why the sudden drop in production...

Oh, I don't know ... to me, there isn't a lack of effort per se. It's the execution that needs adjustment! And right now, since there hasn't been execution, the team needs some serious motivation to be able to execute. IMO. These past two shellackings have been brutal in more ways than the scoreboard.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

I have no idea for the sudden drop off in performance from last years 7-8-1 finish, but one would think that we at the very least would be able to finish with a slightly better record but so far that doesnt look to be working out that way. We have regressed terribly and I believe its because of lack of rushing success and inability to stop same.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

We lost our emotional and physical leader on offense, Steven Jackson. When they would get defeated he would get them charged up and motivated again. Look at the win last year against the whiners. Jackson willed the Rams to that win. Without him, we wouldn't have won. I don't think anyone who watched that game could argue any differently.

As it is now, we have no emotional leader on offense to rally the troops when things are going south. Bradford is definitely not that guy. Last night everything about him showed defeat; his facial expressions, his body language; and it reflected in his play.

As far as our defense goes, they are just on the field way too much. Except for a few big plays, they didn't look that bad last night in the first half. But when the offense has that many 3 and outs...we punted 11 timed for crying out loud...your defense is gonna break down no matter how good they are.

And then there's the fact that our safeties stink, and Finnegan is a shell of his former self.