Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why we lost....

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Why we lost....

Thse are some of the reasons why we lost, and if a couple of these events hadnt happened, we'd be 1-1.

Fumbles. One occuring near the red-zone which wouldve resulted in a TD or at least a FG.

Horrible offensive line. 3 sacks allowed in 1st quarter.

Jackson inefective at big gaines.

Defense allowing Gore to run half the field for a TD. Our defense knows those runs are not exceptible.

Special teams.I think our ST did a bad job on returns on both sides of the ball. Hall muffing the return was unaxceptable. He's a veteren and knows that can't be allowed.

Sub-par red zone offense. 1 td and 4 fg's. Should have been at least one more touchdown and one less fg.

Spiking the ball on the last drive.

Not going for a first down on 4th and 3. Couldve made Wilkin's job a little easier. 56 yard fg is not easy.

I think we could've used our time outs a little better.

Wilkins missing the fg. We really should of gone for it on 4th.

If i've left anything out please tell.
    ----------

On a lighter note i think the offense performed much better this week. Bulger looked good and wasnt afraid to throw it more then 5 yards deep. We spread the ball around good and over all the offense looked good except in the red-zone, where it really counted. O-line needs to step up a little. I think the defense did a good job except for a few key plays. Special teams was bad but thats nothing new. Easily could've won this game, should've won this game, hopefully this will be another building block and we win a few games. Since 1974 teams that have gone 0-2 have a 1% chance of making the playoffs. Those are my kind of odd's.
    GO RAMS!!!!Superbowl bound!!!

And lastly, I wish Frank Gores family the best. R.I.P.

blood85 is offline Registered User

Re: Why we lost....

That spiking the ball on the last drive really hurt, dang, that was an extra down we needed. I thought the Defense played great, considering the circumstances.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Spiking the ball was fine, it opened up the possibility of running a draw or even a regular running play by stopping the clock, but that means that you need to commit to going on 4th down until you get into reasonable field goal range, namely one more first down!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    That spiking the ball on the last drive really hurt, dang, that was an extra down we needed. I thought the Defense played great, considering the circumstances.
    I agree, we didn't really need to do that, there was enough time left to just run a play there.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Not spiking the ball means you're rushing to the line to get everyone set. You've got a patchwork offensive line that's been allowing pressure all day, and not giving them a few seconds to rest or enough time to process their assignments is not going to help you on the play you're calling. I see no problem with the spike there. We just failed to execute on the play right after.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Hey, I only saw the NFL.com gamecast, were we still crazy conservative with our playcalls, did we attempt anything downfield? The gamecast just kept saying short pass this, short pass that.

crainto is offline Registered User

i think it was lineham calling the field goal team with a 4th and 4 , with bulgers throwing arm looking so good he could have got another 1st down easily with 4 wide outs and then spike the ball to give jeff a realistic chance of a field goal. he is causing the greatest show on turf to become the worst show on turf . he needs to go ,a college coach could run such a good bunch of guys better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Not spiking the ball means you're rushing to the line to get everyone set. You've got a patchwork offensive line that's been allowing pressure all day, and not giving them a few seconds to rest or enough time to process their assignments is not going to help you on the play you're calling. I see no problem with the spike there. We just failed to execute on the play right after.
    a few seconds to rest / are you kidding me ? if the adrenaline is not flowing at that point then take a seat,everyone should be ready to go all out at that point,I don't disagree with your point except the part about the rest, because the defense is just as tired if not more since we pretty much controlled the game at that point,there was enough time on the clock that we could have run a play there and if we only pick up a few yards, ok,Wilkins is good from there.

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    a few seconds to rest / are you kidding me ?
    No, I'm not kidding at all. Our protection to that point in the game had been very questionable at best, downright poor more likely. The last thing I want to do is rush our 300 pound reserve linemen down the field and have them get ready while hastily calling out the assignments. I would rather give our guys the best chance we can at succeeding, which in the case of this patchwork line means stopping the clock and getting everyone on the same page and making sure they're ready to block and not winded.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    No, I'm not kidding at all. Our protection to that point in the game had been very questionable at best, downright poor more likely. The last thing I want to do is rush our 300 pound reserve linemen down the field and have them get ready while hastily calling out the assignments. I would rather give our guys the best chance we can at succeeding, which in the case of this patchwork line means stopping the clock and getting everyone on the same page and making sure they're ready to block and not winded.
    they practice this everyday, I understand what your saying about the reserve lineman,but if you watch it over it's the the defensive lineman that are taking more time to get back in postion than our guys,so we could have run a play and gained some yardage at that point,maybe, we don't really know what would have happened.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by crainto View Post
    i think it was lineham calling the field goal team with a 4th and 4 , with bulgers throwing arm looking so good he could have got another 1st down easily with 4 wide outs and then spike the ball to give jeff a realistic chance of a field goal. he is causing the greatest show on turf to become the worst show on turf . he needs to go ,a college coach could run such a good bunch of guys better.
    Do you actually think Linehan inherited anything remotely resembling the GSOT? Do you think a makeshift, undermaned OL has anything to do with the poor production of the offense? Let's be reasonably objective here.

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    they practice this everyday, I understand what your saying about the reserve lineman,but if you watch it over it's the the defensive lineman that are taking more time to get back in postion than our guys,so we could have run a play and gained some yardage at that point,maybe, we don't really know what would have happened.
    Actually no, this line has only practiced it for a couple of days because they've been reshuffled due to injury.

You're right though, we don't really know what would happen. For all we know, one of our linemen could have completely whiffed on a block and got Bulger nailed, then he'd have o get up quickly and spike he ball to stop it then.

I see no reason to take that chance. Get to the line, spike it, get organized, and then execute. Asking this porous line to rush to the line of scrimmage and adjust on the fly just does not sound like a good idea to me at all.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, it seems.

JackieSlater is offline Registered User

Hall's Muffing the PR... Personally THAT is where we lost the game....

Athens is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    Thse hadnt

occuring wouldve
    inefective gaines.
    exceptible.
    unaxceptable veteren
    i've
    wasnt

And lastly, I wish Frank Gores family the best. R.I.P.
    What do all these words have in common? They all would have been caught by the free google toolbar spell check feature. Just saying.

Athens is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JackieSlater View Post
    Hall's Muffing the PR... Personally THAT is where we lost the game....
    But considering that Sf did just about the exact same thing, muffing a punt, I would say both those plays negate any advantage for either team...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast